Vermintide 2

Great game but it could have done with a few additional months of development. Loot system was abysmal at least now you can recycle reds for dust. I had 20 red trinket/trinket charms and 4 red weapons none of which I used. One of the best melee systems ive played, would jizz myself for a good single player RPG that used that melee system.

The DLC is pushing my good will as is the lack of lorebooks like in the first game. Tracking them all down was more compelling than grinding for gear.

Caliane

Super fun, and enjoyable. But, the core systems need a reevaluation. Loot/progression/etc. Its super fun... but also, the same thing over and over and over. There is simply a point, where you have experienced everything.
I do not have the right answer to solve that. More classes, x10 more mods on gear at least, much more varied weapon types. Much more varied enemies.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
While the loot system is not that great, it is still light years ahead of what the 1st game was.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
While the loot system is not that great, it is still light years ahead of what the 1st game was.

is-it-though-5b0c0c.jpg

Muurloen

Yeah it is in my opinion.

When I played V1 I was playing with 3 other friends . We all chose our hero to play for the duration of the whole game, I ended up with Kruber.

Getting rolls for any other loot besides Kruber was extremely frustrating.

I like knowing that opening up loot boxes while on X character is going to give me loot for that character. Getting a whole bunch of reds, but not the reds that you want? Scrap them the extra duplicates and craft it.

Granted my experience in V1 was with out, or before, the contract system.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
. Getting a whole bunch of reds, but not the reds that you want? Scrap them the extra duplicates and craft it.

166 hours before I uninstalled, zero reds. I also liked that you could get ordinarily impossible trait combos on reds in VT 1.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Muurloen

What kind of boxes were you openings?

Emperor Vaults and Emporer Champ Chests have your best chances of getting red items.

If you are open veteran chests... then your chances for a red run real low.

Also, if you are not maximum item level (level 300), you need to shore up that level by crafting items in the slot with the lowest ilvl.

Last edited:

Caliane

Nice to beastmen.

Weaves do not solve the limited replay problem imho. Basically thats just a slay the spire style Ascension. Ever increasing difficulty, is not really the issue with the replay ability factor.

Like, Fortnites STW has "solved" it by having its events, and unlocking new heroes, new guns, and new traps. on top of that, of course the loot rng factor for varied mods/stats on the guns/traps. This creates a reason to keep playing. Ever evolving, growing collectibles. Collectibles that are USEABLE Too. the purely cosmetic ones in Vermintide are not the same.

The problem of course is.. how do you create every increasing amounts of heroes in Vermintide? and the same with weapons..

Muurloen

I think when the player base is abow to build their own maps it will ease some of the challenge problem.

Doing the same 16 crawls over and over isn't that bad on twitch mode and within a deed.

I did like the splitter mutation alot.... I think on the slayer run I had well over 1500 kills.... it was amazing.

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
For all my bitching, I've been thinking about reinstalling this lately. Maybe around the 200 hour mark I'll finally get my first red!

• 1Like

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah it is in my opinion.

When I played V1 I was playing with 3 other friends . We all chose our hero to play for the duration of the whole game, I ended up with Kruber.

Getting rolls for any other loot besides Kruber was extremely frustrating.

I like knowing that opening up loot boxes while on X character is going to give me loot for that character. Getting a whole bunch of reds, but not the reds that you want? Scrap them the extra duplicates and craft it.

Granted my experience in V1 was with out, or before, the contract system.

Yeah, just "finished" V2 by completing everything on Champion and 3 classes to 30 (legend too insane with PUGs to bother).

Installed V1 (got both on that cheap sale recently) and my first few missions dropped gear for *other classes*. WTF. :NPC A:

Muurloen

Yeah, just "finished" V2 by completing everything on Champion and 3 classes to 30 (legend too insane with PUGs to bother).

Installed V1 (got both on that cheap sale recently) and my first few missions dropped gear for *other classes*. WTF. :NPC A:
Like I said, the new loot system isn't the greatest, it is lightyears ahead of what v1 has for a loot system.

Pug legend runs are a crap shoot, but it is a huge jump in difficulty from champion. So there is a bit of a learning curve for you as well.

You can shave a that learning curve a bit of that learning curve with a properly built whc, zealot, shade, slayer, or unchained.

Last edited:
  • 1Like