Video Game Music (vgm) Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
GW2's HoT expansion somehow managed to put out better music than the base game's excellent soundtrack. There's some really great stuff in it.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bloodborne: Old Hunters had some of the best Boss themes imo. I saw one posted on here but not the two best ones.

Both of these are great, just a shame the lady Maria fight is a bit too easy.

I don't pay attention to much vg music but that song from the Xbox 360 era Dues ex game is excellent.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I love this battle theme, I've long finished this trio of fantastic games, but this one stands out for me long term.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>

she comes to chicago next month with the rest of distant worlds.

it's gonna be VII heavy this time around, for obvious release purposes

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Just rediscovered this gem from my youth, I love this old style midi game music.

I also forgot, for more recent stuff Yuzo Koshiro does the music for the Etrian Odyssey series and he also does it in FM, which I actually think sounds better than the normal soundtrack. The older FM style still works wonders for some soundtracks.

• 1Like

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Been really digging this to unwind to after work either while making dinner or chilling on the patio with a book.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Some awesome guardian legend remixes.

Listen to the whole thing, it starts off generic, but that's just a teaser. This is fantastic.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
One of the best of this particular generation. Really underrated.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Love anything TGL, have all the tracks on my play list

Yeah its a great soundtrack.

Speaking of TGL, there was a remake by some russian dudes called TGL: Legacy. The latest build iirc is 0.40, and its REALLY REALLY good but very very early, with redone soundtrack and everything but suddenly development appears to have stopped 2 years ago and theres been almost no updates since. Ever seen what happened to that? Any idea?

Last edited: