Video Game Music (vgm) Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
In my opinion, I think that probably goes to Midnight Resistance.

That game had an amazing sound on the genesis.

Song at 4:16 is my fav (Timestamped) but they are all just fantastic.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I've been playing SMT Nocturne, and just did the Ahriman fight in kagatsuchi tower, I forgot what a jam that boss theme is.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
moving to nashville is already paying off

384099d293583ce9adac6cf646f906e8.jpg

*edit
btw these seats are cheap as fuck, the most expensive seat was 90, anywhere

you get a $40 discount if you choose the first 10rows, cuz the screen would obstruct your view (i chose the seats with the best view from what the app said)

anyway i learned from my past and my wife and i are going to be here at 1pm when it fucking starts at 8pm, fuck you country weebs, we're gonna buy out all the fucking merch

i've been trying to find this cane, idgaf, i used to be able to stand 12hrs straight, now i'm 40 and old

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
moving to nashville is already paying off

384099d293583ce9adac6cf646f906e8.jpg

*edit
btw these seats are cheap as fuck, the most expensive seat was 90, anywhere

you get a $40 discount if you choose the first 10rows, cuz the screen would obstruct your view (i chose the seats with the best view from what the app said)

anyway i learned from my past and my wife and i are going to be here at 1pm when it fucking starts at 8pm, fuck you country weebs, we're gonna buy out all the fucking merch

i've been trying to find this cane, idgaf, i used to be able to stand 12hrs straight, now i'm 40 and old
so this concert was fine, i forced myself to play and beat vii

i've been to 4/5? of these so i know what to expect, this one was only ffvii remake, and i wouldn't do it again (honestly unless it was in nashville again and 30minutes away, but i won't travel for it) the problem, imo w/ this is that they try to fill the concert w/ too much bloat, by bloat i mean the songs that are only "ok" and they feature like 3 composers who are not nobuo uematsu

like jessies theme

maybe i'll appreciate it more w/ further drone listening, who knows, but the next one we're going to is distant worlds (all ff music) in ga in june.

these concerts mostly have 2 days fri and sat, we'll always goto the first showing first (just take a vacation day) cuz we don't want to miss out on merch, this one in nashville they only had knight chocobo, which we still got
3e1aa17e11d25c92fa88c089b7f9f0d0_640_640.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
georgia orchestra is the worst orchestra i've heard so far doing final fantasy

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Kirby Superstar, for being a very colorful and childlike style, has an epic final boss battle track

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Didnt know where to put this, since its not a game, but it's also not demo music. As its a remake. Either way I think this would be a close thread for it.

I think this is a pretty cool remake.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

I owned an MT-32 as a kid, and played U7 on it. Also owned (and still have amazingly) a Roland SCC-1 which had amazing music for Ultima 8. Great memories though of that U7 title.

Some recent remixes of old game music I really enjoy that I've come across recently:

1:55 in the above one will bring back instant memories!

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

And lastly I love the music from PSO2, even if the gameplay is kinda shit these days.

Last edited:

Otto

I owned an MT-32 as a kid, and played U7 on it. Also owned (and still have amazingly) a Roland SCC-1 which had amazing music for Ultima 8. Great memories though of that U7 title.

Some recent remixes of old game music I really enjoy that I've come across recently:

1:55 in the above one will bring back instant memories!

I had a Roland SC-7 by the time Ultima 8 came out. I got a hold of a Roland MT-32 and SC-55 MKII a few years ago and they're awesome for playing old games.