Video Game Music (vgm) Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I had a Roland SC-7 by the time Ultima 8 came out. I got a hold of a Roland MT-32 and SC-55 MKII a few years ago and they're awesome for playing old games.

Yes! I had an MT-32 back when it was in the Sierra Catalog for like $500 lol. Kings Quest 4 I think was the first game that used it to a full potential and I remember it was amazing at the time. I would have sleepovers at friends houses and we'd play video games all night and I would bring over the mt-32 and hook it up to play in style. Shit was great.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Always felt like this game didn't get enough credit.

• 3Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Lost Odyssey had incredible writing, but had systems in it that were just dogshit, like the lack of removing random encounters, or the simple fact of random encounters to begin with that were way too frequent. I got 1000/1000 in the game, and did enjoy it greatly, but that was a gigantic annoyance factor for me.

Excellent music in that game though for sure. This was my favorite tune from Lost Odyssey

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
0125231928a_HDR.jpg

Trying out the box seats

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
A few really good remixes of some not-well-known but good tunes to begin with.

And more well known, but great mix.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I started collecting videogames soundtrack vinyls last year. I'm not much of a collector but I do like finding thoses.

• 1Like

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I mostly buy the soundtrack of games that I really like. I would like to get Elden Ring(Missed the release date.) and the messenger(Really hard to get). I would like to get the Berserk OST also.

-Dark Souls Trilogy, Bloodborne, Demons' Soul
-Ninja Gaiden Trilogy.
-Diablo II and Lord of destruction.(one disk is blue and the other red. Called health and mana edition)
-Donkey Kong country.
-Shadow Run.
-Castlevania 2 and 3.
-Majora' mask.
-FF7.(The cover unfold in 3 part to form a Buster Sword.)
-Street of Rage II.
-Loop Hero.
- Fury and Heaven. (Because Danger is involved with thoses.)

Vinylgood.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 3Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

Neat mix - it uses only the sound fx from kirby's dreamland 2 to make the music

• 1Like

Heian

Molten Core Raider
the fuck, i had no idea this was a thing. Now you got me into it!
Theses are fun to collect. What I like is that you are kinda forced to enjoy the whole soundtrack and I also like that the sound is different from YouTube or Spotify. Some are really creative design wise and other like the Castlevania 2 and 3 have the NES version of the song on one side and Famicom on the other. FF7 has the PS1 versions of the music and the remake. I have another one called Diggin the charts. Lots of VGM from the pionner artist in Japan. It take inspiration from the amazing short serie Redbull did a few years ago.

If you like VGM it's a must watch IMO.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users