Vikings

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Well unlike most world events, things, people - I cannot speak directly toward contradicting what's found in regard to them on Wikipedia.

However, I can with mushrooms. No, no they weren't using mushrooms.
Source material this is based off of says Mushrooms as well. Sorry.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Maybe a stupid question, but is there only one kind of mind altering mushroom? Clearly Azeth has tried some and thinks he's an expert.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
I had assumed that was the Leif that had discovered America. Guess not.

Show is fucking good.

Asherah

Silver Knight of the Realm
Whatever it is, it would have to be indigenous to that area of the world.
There are several native species of psychoactive mushrooms in Scandinavia such as Psilocybe semilanceata and Amanita muscaria. However, it is uncertain if the vikings actually used them.

I was sort of trying to give folks a laugh, if they had tried boomers before.

Mushrooms aren't exactly like LSD, they are less mind altering and more space altering. I was really just being tongue-in-cheek regarding whether eating a handful would amp a Berzerker up for battle versus making him nauseous because the hay field in front of him is vibrating and looks like skinned snakes.

Just foolin, y'all. Carry on wayward sons.

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They seem really determined to kill off most of Ragnar's cool yet mostly silent companions
frown.png
. Does anyone actually like the priest? So far he just takes up time while looking put out by everything around him in every single scene. He's also completely devoid of any personality or screen presence, WTB deer in headlights emoticon.
I always saw the priest as a reflection of how Ragnar values people. I did some reading and in Viking culture human sacrifices were generally people who were of high worth, and their worth was determined by how they benefited the community. The priest could be perceived as being high worth and Ragnar being willing to sacrifice him shows how much he wanted the gods on his side. It's really kind of a compliment, though I'm sure things are going to be a bit awkward going forward for the priest :p

frown.png

satael

Silver Squire
The last episode of the first season (ep 9) was a big disappointment especially after the Uppsala episode.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So did anyone else lose a LOT of interest in the show once Ragnar became Jarl? Not sure if it was the lack of invested conflict at home or the lack of England stuff, but I just didn't care much about the last 2-3 episodes.

Gask

Silver Baron of the Realm
So did anyone else lose a LOT of interest in the show once Ragnar became Jarl? Not sure if it was the lack of invested conflict at home or the lack of England stuff, but I just didn't care much about the last 2-3 episodes.
A little bit but there is a point to it and it is good to gain a grasp of the power balance at home before they all mach off to war and start carving out parts of England and Ireland. I wonder how Ragnar's power & position will be affected by the flu? outbreak.

Flinger

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't like where this is heading. They seem to be content being a "Days of Our Lives with Vikings". I know that battles and wars are hard on the budget, so I understand why they are doing more political / social storyline, but that doesn't mean I'll be sticking around for more.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I really enjoyed this show, more than I thought I would. Agree that the finale felt more like "... that's it?" more than it did "WTF THAT'S IT?!?! NOOOOO!!!!" but I am still looking forward to next season.

Not sure what is more distracting, the Ragnar smirk or the Jax Teller bro walk.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
it sure didnt feel like a finale. introducing so many new characters on the last friggin one doesnt make much sense. i didnt like the flu subplot because it was obvious who they were going to kill off.