Vikings

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Also Game of Thrones is an unfinished fictional fantasy story with a metric shitload of politics and backstabbing. Vikings is supposed to be an entertaining historical reenactment. Spoiler alert, eventually Vikings stop raiding shit and become pals with the rest of Europe.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
im not even sure if its a spoiler or just a promo to tickle people's assholes over season 2. they keep showing the promo for the next season of sons of anal-chy and all the characters are in a giant brawl. now we know thats not from the show. its just a promo. still im not sure, why film that scene from Viking's and not use it?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Does GOT have the same problem with spoiling their own show in the previews? Cause if they don't your argument is invalid.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
What the fuck are you even talking about? I'm not trying to start an argument, I'm just trying to ask people not to tell us spoilers, no matter where they come from. I thought we were supposed to be civil in this thread and you're being a complete douche for reasons I can't explain. We've discussed in this thread before how the history channel is really fucking up with its spoiled previews. Hell, you were the first one to complain about it if memory serves! So this is nothing more than a continuation of a topic you started tarrant.

I sense that your panties are easily twisted when GoT is mentioned, so let me assure you that I haven't read the book, I don't watch the series, I haven't seen the movie, I don't play the game, I have no desire to so much as dip my toe into that universe, and I haven't read any of the threads other than to find out what you meant by "no pussy shit" when you started the second one. I only brought it up because it seems to have special rules based on what it is ( book that's faithfully being turned into a TV series). Normally, I would agree if something was released in a teaser or preview, it should be fair game. But this show has a track record in that regard that should not be ignored.

I mean, seriously, up till this week, we were all being nice and respectful. One person screws up, gets called on it, and he's got white knights? He didn't even get his ass jumped over it, gog just chose to point it out to him sarcastically. Tidbit hasn't even defended himself. I'm not even sure if he realizes he's the one who screwed up. It seems like most of you idiots think the problem was with chuck posting the video. All we wanted was to let him know he goofed, in the hopes that it wouldn't happen again. You're the one turning it into a pitched battle

And to Lenas, do I need to remind you that when we did talk about the actual history, we were putting it in spoilers?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Again, all promotional previews released by those who make the show are fair game. End of discussion really. It's this way in all threads of all shows.

Also, u mad bro? Calm down and take a breath. I just don't want shitty GoT spoiler topic discussions here. If you want to discuss spoiler topics then go to that thread and do it please. Thank you.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Also its not clear that promo video is in fact a spoiler. But if that video was from GoT it would be very clear whether it was or not because the results are published. AFAIK this story is loosely based on historical facts. Big difference

Cybsled

It could be a red herring/troll promo to build hype. For instance, at Comic Con they decided to show a clip of a (then) upcoming episode of Falling Skies where Tom puts a bullet in the main villain's head at point blank range, killing her. In the context of the actual show, though, it ended up not being real.

Context matters!

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
That's what I thought when vikings started with the spoiled previews. I was like, nah no way he's actually about to kill the jarl, that must be a dream sequence or something.

Nope. I was wrong.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I simply don't watch previews to avoid all of that nonsense. They're way too revealing. These are some pseudo-historical figures, so you can wiki this shit, but they've got a lot of room to write their own sequence of events.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I never understood why Ragnar kept going on-and-on about wanting a son when he already had one? He cheated on his beautiful bad-ass wife with that whore princess, so I am less than happy with the fellow.

Cybsled

I never understood why Ragnar kept going on-and-on about wanting a son when he already had one? He cheated on his beautiful bad-ass wife with that whore princess, so I am less than happy with the fellow.
I'm guessing that a son born of the royal union would have greater standing than one born prior to it.

Pontius_sl

shitlord
Was ok imo, love the setting and the plot.
The bitch brother needed to die at the first fight and wow the Viking women sure don't take shit. Got the weirdest boner from the wife scene