Vikings

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I think Funkle is too new to realize that Aleksei's posts shouldn't be taken literally.
smile.png

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
I think Funkle is too new to realize that Aleksei's posts shouldn't be taken literally.
smile.png
http://screenrant.com/history-channe...w-yman-159141/

History Channel Enters Into Scripted Television With 'Vikings'

Add yet another familiar name to the growing list of cable networks dabbling in original scripted content, with History looking to make its mark with the ambitious historical drama, Vikings.

Headed up by writer Michael Hirst, who has worked on similar adaptations such as Elizabeth, Elizabeth: The Golden Age, The Tudors and most recently, Starz' short-lived sword and sorcery series Camelot, Vikings will be a 10-episode series expected to air on History sometime in 2013.

The story will follow Ragnar Lothbrok, a real historical figure, as he rises from the Viking tribe's greatest warrior to their eventual king. According to History, the series will "will boast a polished, stylized look that pushes the boundaries of television drama" highlighted by "imaginatively choreographed battles that emphasize individual points of view, strategies and ruses rather than mindless, graphic slaughter." So it's safe to say that Vikings won't be completely like Starz' historically based hit series, Spartacus: Vengeance.

History channel general manager Nancy Dubic had this to say in regards to the upcoming series:

"This is an amazing crossroads for History embarking on our first scripted series. People think they know about the Vikings - we see references to them all the time in our popular culture from TV commercials to football teams - but the reality is so much more fascinating and complex, more vivid, visceral and powerful than popular legend."

Vikings marks the first series from MGM TV since the studio emerged from bankruptcy. The series was ordered last year with the intention of having Vikings go straight to series upon order. Hirst will oversee the production as executive producer on the series, which will be filmed at various locations across Northern Europe and at the recently erected Ashford Studios in Ireland.

This will be the second Norseman-related project to be announced in recent weeks, following news of the comic adaptation Cowboy Ninja Viking, which may turn the spotlight back on to such projects as Mel Gibson's proposed Berserker film - which, at one time, had Leonardo DiCaprio attached to star. Although DiCaprio is no longer involved, should History's series and Cowboy Ninja Viking prove successful, it may not require such star-power to get Berserker off the ground.

History's ambitious project may serve to not only reignite interest in Vikings, but also forever alter the network's course.

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
http://screenrant.com/history-channe...w-yman-159141/

History Channel Enters Into Scripted Television With ?Vikings?

Add yet another familiar name to the growing list of cable networks dabbling in original scripted content, with History looking to make its mark with the ambitious historical drama, Vikings.

Headed up by writer Michael Hirst, who has worked on similar adaptations such as Elizabeth, Elizabeth: The Golden Age, The Tudors and most recently, Starz? short-lived sword and sorcery series Camelot, Vikings will be a 10-episode series expected to air on History sometime in 2013.

The story will follow Ragnar Lothbrok, a real historical figure, as he rises from the Viking tribe?s greatest warrior to their eventual king. According to History, the series will ?will boast a polished, stylized look that pushes the boundaries of television drama? highlighted by ?imaginatively choreographed battles that emphasize individual points of view, strategies and ruses rather than mindless, graphic slaughter.? So it?s safe to say that Vikings won?t be completely like Starz? historically based hit series, Spartacus: Vengeance.

History channel general manager Nancy Dubic had this to say in regards to the upcoming series:

?This is an amazing crossroads for History embarking on our first scripted series. People think they know about the Vikings ? we see references to them all the time in our popular culture from TV commercials to football teams ? but the reality is so much more fascinating and complex, more vivid, visceral and powerful than popular legend.?

Vikings marks the first series from MGM TV since the studio emerged from bankruptcy. The series was ordered last year with the intention of having Vikings go straight to series upon order. Hirst will oversee the production as executive producer on the series, which will be filmed at various locations across Northern Europe and at the recently erected Ashford Studios in Ireland.

This will be the second Norseman-related project to be announced in recent weeks, following news of the comic adaptation Cowboy Ninja Viking, which may turn the spotlight back on to such projects as Mel Gibson?s proposed Berserker film ? which, at one time, had Leonardo DiCaprio attached to star. Although DiCaprio is no longer involved, should History?s series and Cowboy Ninja Viking prove successful, it may not require such star-power to get Berserker off the ground.

History?s ambitious project may serve to not only reignite interest in Vikings, but also forever alter the network?s course.
http://www.geeknation.com/blog/history-channel-vikings/

Has trailer for opening of the show.

Also calls it scripted.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Like someone else already said, I really hope they take advantage of this scripted show and pair it with some interesting, traditional history channel documentaries about real vikings. If the scripted show is good enough it will draw people in to the other, factual shows and give them a pretty powerful lineup.

Likewise with the bible show.

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
So Farr for the Viking their are going to be 10 weeks of the show , dont know if it will be 1 season and done the plan.
Hopefully if its good to decent be few seasons, like said love viking,Norse shit.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I've seen a couple of those. In both episodes people were refusing to let the guy look at the caves. Makes it seem just a little fabricated. If the shit is open to the public, how can they keep him out?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah there is some shady behavior going on with this show. Howd the land owner know this guy was coming and why did the hunter wait so long to tell him he couldnt go there? Why didnt he call the land owner himself? Why did he entrust everything to that hunter and not bring the camera crew or give him one to film? Thats fine. I watch it because its entertaining and I believe the theory that vikings were in america long before colombus. Some of this guy's conclusions are laughable. Its basically ancient aliens but replace alens with vikings. Basically everything in ancient us was built by white people. I dunno if thats more or less racist than ancient aliens.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Maybe, *maybe* I'll look at the Bible thing, but it kind of makes me scratch my head. I'm just not sure what they're going to do with it, it is either going to be rather "pro Christian", in which case we've seen it before or are they going to try and be "edgy" and end up being offensive and/or stupid? Meh.

Either way, I'll give the Vikings thing a few episodes.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Maybe, *maybe* I'll look at the Bible thing, but it kind of makes me scratch my head. I'm just not sure what they're going to do with it, it is either going to be rather "pro Christian", in which case we've seen it before or are they going to try and be "edgy" and end up being offensive and/or stupid? Meh.

Either way, I'll give the Vikings thing a few episodes.
There are some really cool stories buried in the Bible. I'm hoping they rip out the heavy-handed Christian overtones (i.e don't try to teach any lessons, but references to God and divine powers are fine) and mainly portray the drama and action.

David and Goliath. The battle of Jerhico. Noah's Ark. Daniel and the Lion's Den. All of those could be quite epic.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's not really a theory. They just didn't colonize or discover it.

Hard to discover something when people live there.
I call America Unearthed, Ancient Aryans now. Last weeks ep with those crosses was a pretty cool one even though it was less sciency and more soapboxy from the host.

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
This starts tonight cant wait, hopeing it dont suck.

Its on after 2 hour premiere of the Bible epic 10 hour show.

Also walking dead tonight so between all 3 hopeing some decent shit to watch.