Vikings

Randin

Trakanon Raider
It's a stupidly minor detail, but am I the only one who gets bugged a little by them calling the ruler an 'earl' rather than a 'jarl'?

I mean, sure, it's not like they're using any other Scandinavian terms to make the absence of the word jarl particularly noticable, but it still bugs me. I blame Skyrim.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I always thought "jarl" was properly (natively) pronounced "YAR-yl", not "JAR-yl".

They always call him "jarl" I think, it just sounds different depending on the actor's accent changes how exactly they pronounce it.

I think. I'm not a Scandiwegian.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, it is pronounced with a y sound.

Eh, maybe I'm just not paying close enough attention, and I only catch it when it sounds like they're saying earl (although, I have noticed that the guide information on Dish does refer to him as the Earl, so at least somebody's doing it).

iannis

Musty Nester
They do say earl a lot. I noticed it myself. And hell, I noticed it without even realizing it was wrong.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
What is up with Vikings and three ways. Was that actually a thing? Or was that just some aspect of the lore behind this particular folk hero?

Nailz_sl

shitlord
Looking forward to this one, but as a Scandinavian I have to maintain a little healthy skepticism
wink.png

wink.png

wink.png

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Dude just grab it off the net. I doubt the history channel tracks you down in norway. If you like I can provide links for streaming/dl of this when I get home later.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I've never seen a show give away so much in previews...and why have fucking previews of whats after commercial? Don't tell me whats going to happen in the episode I'm watching before it happens!

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Just crushed all 3 episodes, I like it. Not enough rape for sure, and I'm not really liking the whole evil JARL thing either. the actor reminds me of Denethor from LOTR.

Also I dunno if its the pacing or the way it jumps around, but they don't show the passage of time very well. One minute the boat is a frame, 2 shots later its built. One minute hes asking to learn English, the next scene he is having a full conversation with the English Dude.