Virtual Reality

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Has anyone heard much about Sony's VR system? I have read up on some of the specs. It seems to have the advantage of not requiring a computer but I am guessing that processing power takes a big hit that way.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm getting a lot more overheating now on my VR. It's a bit jarring to have the system shutdown so abruptly right in the middle of gameplay. I wonder what can be done to fix that.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm getting a lot more overheating now on my VR. It's a bit jarring to have the system shutdown so abruptly right in the middle of gameplay. I wonder what can be done to fix that.
I told you man.

Its random it seems. Sometimes I will stop it myself to look at something and phone is super hot but it didnt overheat.

Sometimes it overheats n shuts off but it hasnt happened in weeks.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Has anyone heard much about Sony's VR system? I have read up on some of the specs. It seems to have the advantage of not requiring a computer but I am guessing that processing power takes a big hit that way.
I like the idea of having the external passthrough box that enables also sending a feed to a TV, allowing people not using the helmet to view, if not interact also with the game. Some interesting possibilities there.

Unrelated, Oculus Touch controllers delayed to 'second half 2016' -Blog - Update on Oculus Touch Ship Date

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Less than 1% of all computers in the world will be able to run the Rift, NVIDIA says...

Very few PCs will be capable of powering the Oculus Rift, Nvidia says - TechSpot
I went to try and look at the Steam hardware survey to see if that 1% number agrees with Steam but it's giving me an error sadly. What older stats I can find show that 6% of users have a gtx 970 or 980 and that's not counting AMD cards. I'd bet that they included business machines to get that 1% number which is sort of misleading.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
2aoj7b.gif

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Less than 1% of all computers in the world will be able to run the Rift, NVIDIA says...

Very few PCs will be capable of powering the Oculus Rift, Nvidia says - TechSpot
Sounds about right. It's a super misleading number and techspot should be ashamed of the clickbait title.

TechSpot_sl said:
The graphics chip maker estimates that only 13 million PCs worldwide will be powerful enough to push the Rift and other serious VR headsets. Research firm Gartner notes that Rift-capable machines will account for less than one percent of the 1.43 billion computers expected to be in use this year.
NVIDIA didn't say something as dumb as "1% of PCs will run this shit.". They said, "13 million will run it.".

Then TechSpot looked at a different source that said, "Yeah there's about 1.43 billion PCs out there." which is about right.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I actually thought they'd open preorders on Friday, and soften the blow with a media swarm of new content. Who knows what will come out in the next couple days.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sounds about right. It's a super misleading number and techspot should be ashamed of the clickbait title.

NVIDIA didn't say something as dumb as "1% of PCs will run this shit.". They said, "13 million will run it.".

Then TechSpot looked at a different source that said, "Yeah there's about 1.43 billion PCs out there." which is about right.
I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. One percent is low.