Virtual Reality

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
For those Americans who may be lucky enough to take advantage of this! I present thee with a direct link to the HTC US store page that people are reporting as shipping immediately. I haven't personally verified this but I've attached a link to the proof people are posting that it's actually shipping.

HTC America Online Store - HTC Vive

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Hopefully this helps somebody out! If anyone finds a link for Canada....

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
They'll try to recharge twice before cancelling your order(supposedly). Make sure you call your credit card and let them charge on the next attempt.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I caught the email from my card and told them it was a good charge. It shows up as pending now so hopefully it's all good still.

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I caught the email from my card and told them it was a good charge. It shows up as pending now so hopefully it's all good still.
Do you know what the company name is that this appears under? I'd love to give my CC company a heads up ahead of time.

There seems to be a flood of Apr 10th->20th orders going out, looks like they should be caught up to back orders soon.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
It shows up as "DRI*HTC Corporation" on my card statement. I ordered mine on April 27th so they're reaching beyond the 20th.

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It shows up as "DRI*HTC Corporation" on my card statement. I ordered mine on April 27th so they're reaching beyond the 20th.
Sweet thanks. From the reddit shipping threads it sounds like the Canada orders are pretty far behind. Mine is also April 27th, no email or update yet but there are some Canadian orders going back to March that haven't shipped yet so I'm not surprised.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Not much of a difference, but in the email they send you before they auth it's listed asDRI*HTC CORP ORDERFIND COM MN. I did a live chat w/ Discover to make sure it was noted, in case there were any issues.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
They never bothered with a pre-auth email in my case, or it got lost in the ether. I wasn't really expecting anything for at least another couple of weeks until my credit card company sent me a "Charge Declined, is this fake?" email.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
3u73dSv.png

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
They never bothered with a pre-auth email in my case, or it got lost in the ether. I wasn't really expecting anything for at least another couple of weeks until my credit card company sent me a "Charge Declined, is this fake?" email.
Yeah, I never got the email either.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Yeah, I never got the email either.
They may have canceled it on me now. When I try to look up my order it can't find it anymore, even though there is a pending charge on my card and as of yesterday the order said it had been boxed for shipping. I guess I get to play in email customer service hell for a bit trying to figure this out.

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I got a "we're going to charge you soon" email Friday, and oddly enough it ended up in my gmail promotions folder. No further progress and my order went from "In Processing" backed to "Boxed Shipment".

I had pretty much accepted my fate that I'd get this in June, but now that I'm getting teased with it coming sooner it's killing me hah. I'm still debating on getting 1080 GTX or buying a Polaris 10/1070 to hold me over until the next gen high end cards are released later this year/early next year. I'm trying to squeak by with the cheapest option that prevents the vomit comet without spending bank on these mid-tier performance cards.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
They may have canceled it on me now. When I try to look up my order it can't find it anymore, even though there is a pending charge on my card and as of yesterday the order said it had been boxed for shipping. I guess I get to play in email customer service hell for a bit trying to figure this out.
Have you tried the online chat at htcvive.com? They were pretty responsive and they should at least be able to confirm the order is still active.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Have you tried the online chat at htcvive.com? They were pretty responsive and they should at least be able to confirm the order is still active.
It seems to have fixed itself several hours later that day. Maybe some database hiccup or something. Still haven't heard back from HTC's email support though.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hadn't really followed VR lately but after watching Scott Manley's VR vid and then spending most of the morning watching various Vive reviews, I'm hyped like I haven't been in years. The Apollo 11 VR program really sold it for me, being able to see Earth from orbit and the surface of the moon like you're actually there sounds amazing.

Just ordered a Vive, hope it's as cool as it seems.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
It seems to have fixed itself several hours later that day. Maybe some database hiccup or something. Still haven't heard back from HTC's email support though.
I emailed them about my missing game codes after I got my Vive. Then I contacted chat and immediately got my codes. A week later I got the email response, sending me the code.