Virtual Reality

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
So with my rewards points + a random gift card I had lying around, I can go get a rift for like $150. Worth it at that price?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
That's certainly in 'well fuck, why not?' territory assuming you have the rig to enjoy it with.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Might be relevant for some. NVIDIA helps add ultra graphics setting to EVE Valkyrie and a bunch of other optimizations.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
Went ahead and said "fuck it"...pretty cool .I ended up getting a third sensor so I can do the full room thing. Had some people over last night and everyone had a blast.

Ramar

Lord Nagafen Raider
New official Vive headstrap is available. I just ordered one. 128 bucks with shipping/tax. Will update once I get and use.

VIVE™ | Vive Deluxe Audio Strap

I bought one of these when they finally became available on Amazon. Another $100 purchase is a bit difficult to swallow, but it does make a big difference in comfort/convenience. Before I upgraded the firmware on every component of the Vive, I'd have to spend about 15 minutes troubleshooting it every time I wanted to play. With the software upgrades and the new headstrap, it finally feels like a complete product... the $900 final price tag is ludicrous though.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I bought one of these when they finally became available on Amazon. Another $100 purchase is a bit difficult to swallow, but it does make a big difference in comfort/convenience. Before I upgraded the firmware on every component of the Vive, I'd have to spend about 15 minutes troubleshooting it every time I wanted to play. With the software upgrades and the new headstrap, it finally feels like a complete product... the $900 final price tag is ludicrous though.
I got one from HTC a month ago and still haven't even used it. I attached it to the Vive, but just haven't had the time/desire to clear my playspace for it. I would probably use the Vive more if I have a dedicated room for it.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Daezuel Daezuel - still liking the psvr? Worth the $400?

Wish I could find a spot to try one out before deciding whether or not to spend the money on one.

I love it, but if you have a good pc it's hard not to recommend getting a rift instead.

Sure PSVR has some exclusives that are just awesome. Just finished Farpoint with the aim controller, man that game is amazing (though shortish). New games coming out all the time, of course not many are AAA 15 hour games, but shorter games are quite nice in VR. Resident Evil 7 VR should come to PC sooner or later but you can only play it on PSVR right now and that alone is worth the price of admission. Rush of Blood is another that's short but brilliant and only on PSVR.

I certainly wouldn't buy it at full price since it's on sale quite often lately.

Honestly I'm all in on VR now despite being a skeptic beforehand. I really want to see what the next gen of PC headsets bring before jumping in over there. I probably already have like 25 VR games on the PSVR.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I love it, but if you have a good pc it's hard not to recommend getting a rift instead.

Sure PSVR has some exclusives that are just awesome. Just finished Farpoint with the aim controller, man that game is amazing (though shortish). New games coming out all the time, of course not many are AAA 15 hour games, but shorter games are quite nice in VR. Resident Evil 7 VR should come to PC sooner or later but you can only play it on PSVR right now and that alone is worth the price of admission. Rush of Blood is another that's short but brilliant and only on PSVR.

I certainly wouldn't buy it at full price since it's on sale quite often lately.

Honestly I'm all in on VR now despite being a skeptic beforehand. I really want to see what the next gen of PC headsets bring before jumping in over there. I probably already have like 25 VR games on the PSVR.
I hate dealing with upgrading and compatibility with pc stuff. Not even an option, absolutely won't consider it.

How can I sign up for an alert or something to find a psvr on sale?

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Go to slickdeals and set up a deal alert for PSVR.

Alternatively I try to post the deals here. You probably want to buy a Farpoint bundle as they've been out of stock until this past week for like 3 months. They're not available on Best Buy right now but if you can find one there with gamers club its only $63.99.

You are going to want one.

Last deal I remember was $399 for the move bundle (so 2 move controllers, camera, game, psvr) on ebay via newegg. Amazon also had a deal for just the headset and 3 games I think for $350? Can't recall. You need the camera no matter what, but I'd recommend the move controllers because Superhot is fucking amazing and 100% a must play. (plus they're useful for a lot of other games)

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Actually looks like Amazon had the VR+Camera bundle for $299.99 recently. That's a pretty nice price, you can get the move controllers for $85 new. You can also find those used around town since they're the same ps3 move controllers that have been out forever.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
and for the triple post I guess I usually post the deals in the gaming section VR thread heh, didn't realize where we were.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
If you see one, feel free to tag me. I'm bad about rechecking threads.

So I want the whole kit n kaboodle, eh? Camera, controller, gun and headset?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Great. Time to spend another 100+ bucks on the Vive:

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Should be some Windows Mixed Reality news this week out of Berlin.

Windows Mixed Reality holiday update - Windows Experience Blog

In addition, I am thrilled to announce that Steam content will also run on Windows Mixed Reality headsets. Virtual reality enthusiasts know that Steam is a great place to enjoy cutting edge immersive experiences. We can’t wait to bring their content to you.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
PS VR Bundles Available at a Greater Value Starting September 1
New bundle includes PS VR headset and PS Camera for $399, PS VR Worlds bundle now priced at $449.

PSVR with a permanent price drop, should be some great deals on this around black friday.

• 1Like

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Anyone been on a VR coaster? Apparently the coaster at the NY NY here in Vegas is getting the VR treatment.

Example:

• 1Like