Virtual Reality

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I suggest trying to move the headset up/down/left/right to see if any positioning gets rid of them for you. The 'sweet spot' on the Vive is very small, in my opinion. It's probably my main complaint about the unit. I also have the side straps fully closed(I can't make them any smaller) and still feel like I want the headset tighter on my face.
Yea I tried that last night for quite awhile. I've taken the foam off, tried the narrow face insert, made sure it's sitting on top of my cheeks. It fucking sucks! I've had "perfectly" clear vision just a single session playing job simulator and haven't been able to reproduce it since then. I guess my next step is to try and shift the lens more forward/back.

Thanks Soygen

Ramar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Try offsetting the bottom portion of the foam insert. It greatly increases the sweet spot, and made a pretty big difference for me.

VrA3aKr.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/commen..._fov_increase/

Ramar

Lord Nagafen Raider
You might want to measure your interpupillary distance and adjust your lenses accordingly (grayish knob on the front/right of the headset when worn). It's pretty easy to do: just hold a ruler up to your eyes while looking at a mirror and measure the distance between the center of your pupils in millimeters. If you don't change this setting, you could end up looking at everything cross-eyed without even knowing it. It might even explain why others aren't having the same problem you're experiencing.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I did that as well. I suggest having another person do the measurement, as it will be more accurate than looking yourself in a mirror.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The new Destinations program on Steam is really cool. It's like the mountainside/lava tube in The Lab, but better. The English Church one in particular is really cool, I spent about 20 minutes just walking around. It's free too.

Destinations Workshop Tools on Steam

I only got the workshop tools to install at first, go to the above page and click on the "destinations viewer" link in the "About this software" section, it will install the viewer seperately and you can use workshop projects with it. It'll show up under "software" in steam

spronk

FPS noob
I think one of the steam or fallout devs said on neogaf that while the announcement made it sound like its for Vive only, it really just means it'll be on steam but still work on rift or vive. should be interesting to see if we get VR wars tho

spronk

FPS noob
the batman vr thing is gonna be under an hour of play
the battlefront VR thing is also very short, 1-2 missions but it will be free to all battlefront players on PS4
final fantasy VR will not be released this year, haven't decided how they will release it probably as DLC (its short fight segments done in VR)

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Facebook continuing their quest to fuck everyone by buying up games to use as exclusives for the rift.

Fuck Facebook, and fuck Oculus. : Vive

Top comment is from Croteam lead dev Mario Kotar:

They tried to buy Serious Sam VR as well. It wasn't easy, but we turned down a shitton of money, as we believe that truly good games will sell by themselves and make profit in the long run regardless. And also because we hate exclusives as much as you do.

Dat shitton of money tho...

Edit: Wow! Thanks for all the support, you guys rock! We love you and we love making games for you!

Edit2: Please don't hate on other devs too much, I'm sure some of them didn't have financial alternative but to accept such a deal in order to even see their games finished. In such situation, anyone would have done the same.

Props to Croteam for turning them down, I'd buy Serious Sam on principle if I didn't already have it.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm not a Trekkie, so I'm not really clear on what that means. Does the job include health insurance?

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
Can you unplug the Vive base stations when they aren't in use? They are a bit noisy, and fuck up my TV remote. Also probably giving me some sort of cancer sitting between them, but mostly its the remote thing. If I unplug them, do I have to redo the setup?

Also, where do I change the IPD? I turned the knob on the headset just briefly to see if it worked, but I hadn't measured my eyes yet. But now whenever I turn the knob, nothing happens. Is that in the setup somewhere?