Visions of Grandeur (making dad-servers great again!)

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Everything seems ok with the client linked on the first page of this thread with no custom spell file needed. The Soulbinder gives you sow, lev, and eb, so that shouldn't be anything strange.
For autoscribing, I'm not sure if it's a similar problem or its just trying to scribe spells it shouldn't. I need to run through it and test them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hosix

All labs matter!
Everything seems ok with the client linked on the first page of this thread with no custom spell file needed. The Soulbinder gives you sow, lev, and eb, so that shouldn't be anything strange.
For autoscribing, I'm not sure if it's a similar problem or its just trying to scribe spells it shouldn't. I need to run through it and test them.

My shaman has two unknown spells. I assumed it was ones that are from much later on.

• 1Like

Tredge

Vyemm Raider
Leveling seems a bit faster than NL.
Does it taper off at higher levels? Made it to 20 in no time.

Nice job on the server - hope it stays for a while.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
Leveling seems a bit faster than NL.
Does it taper off at higher levels? Made it to 20 in no time.

Nice job on the server - hope it stays for a while.

Leveling has been smooth so far into the mid 50's. No issues yet.

• 2Like

Ridas

Pay to play forum
I think I am using Stormhavens spell file and I have 0 unknown spells so far on 60 mage and 30 Shm. You just have to make sure to delete stuff over 40k in the spell file to get spell sounds.

• 1Like

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Good god, last night really demonstrated how old I am now. Stayed up late trying to grind it out to 60, was nodding off at my PC by 3:30-4AM EST. Woke up just now in my PC chair with both toons still logged in. Finally grouped up with someone for longer than 30 mins last night and it was a blast. Currently playing a 51 monk named Sigal and a 53 druid named Othree! Let's slay some dragons bros!

• 2Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Gave this one a shot, but it's way WAY too grindy. It's like P99 lite. Not really feeling having to grind out levels.

Not sure where all these comments about it being faster than NL are coming from. Shit is so much worse.

Respectfully, gravel- you did something wrong. I made 50 in two days dual boxing, you'd never do that on p99.

• 1Like

othree

Playing a melee is a lot slower than playing a caster also. Definitely unbalanced, but it doesn't ruin my immersion!

I leveled my druid 1-21 in about an hour. I wasn't boxing my druid yet and it took me an hour just to do 1-9 on my monk. I started promptly PL'ing at that point!

othree

Also exp slows waaaay the fuck down at 51+. I've tried Seb, Chardok, the Hole, and someone else gave HS a go. Also Karnors which I expected to be bleh. It's really bad, but doable. I'm 55 and 54 respectively now. Almost there!

Anyone that's 60 or Control; are AA's already in? Please say they are! Or at least that we can earn them but not spend them yet, or something.

Toony

Molten Core Raider
Gravel, you're on a different server or something, I got 40 in two days and I stop and pick every flower along the way.

• 1Like

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A bit of an unfortunate update, since I seem to have broken something, so I've taken the server offline until I can sort it out. Expected downtime is a few hours.

However, before that, I did get a few useful things done:
-un-lored lootable bags in vanilla/kunark
-box of abu kar now drops rarely from giants/specs/seafuries in norrath
-made hadden and pyzjn more generous/frequent
-increased the rate of faction changes
-added multiple daily automated backups with offsite storage
-got rid of mob critting
-reduced 'go home' time
removed:
- trakanon's touch
- VS's mez
- ct fear/snare
- deathtouches
- silverwing charm
- dain's teleport
lowered priority on lots of spells that make life annoying when solo or in small groups so that they will get cast far less or not at all:
- fear/mez (not counting short duration effects and stuns)
- roots
- long duration debuffs that keep you from resting

• 2Like

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Back up and running again from the last backup, might have lost a couple of hours if you were on when I took the servers down. If you're missing anything important when you log on next, just send me a pm and I'll sort it out.
I also lost some of the spell changes mentioned above, but I'll be adding them back asap.

Sorry for the downtime!

• 1Like

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
New characters now start with a custom charm, Symbol of Grandeur (it's also on Peras in PoK). It has a clicky with the following effect:
-50%/50k spellshield (this should cut all spell damage in half)
-25 point damage shield
-accuracy buff
Hopefully this will help address some of the balance issues.

Velious, Veksar, and Droga are now open!
-Added a translocator in PoK.
-placeholder's still exist for now
-Most fabled that the db has entries for are turned on, though there are a bunch that aren't in the db.
-Changed fabled loot tables to always drop the fabled item.
-Spawntimes set to 2h, except for PoG which is 4h.

Fixed a problem that kept certain quest mobs from responding.
Added 10 charge gate, invis, and shrink potions to Petras as well as the much requested Deluxe Toolbox!

• 2Like

Roraiel

Molten Core Raider
Control Control Jumped in to try the server out last night during some downtime.My level 2 Magician scored a melee critical hit. Intended?

• 1Like

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ya, turned on a small crit% on all pc melee to help dps a bit.

• 1Like

MazeEq

Lord Nagafen Raider
Control.

Theres a field in the database called spellscale/healscale. These values are percentage based. This is in regards to the spellshield charm. so spellscale to 50 would be 505 of the original damage formula. just a tip/.

• 1Like