Vote for moderator(s) 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I don't know why people would ignore this sub-forum. Since the boards inception it has been treated more as a current events section for the board than a Comments/Suggestion forum. If you want to totally ignore it that's your choice, just don't whine when you miss the mod communication that actively goes on in here.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I haven't been here very long but even I know that this board is where the prime shitposting occurs.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
will somebody show some assertiveness here and tell us what the format of these elections will be? i need to know so i can start campaigning for and against my candidates of choice.

Sulrn

Deuces
It only took 22 months, but Tuco changed his tone over voting about Mods. He's being proactive as well as incorporating others. Yay!

yxi.gif

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I plan to deregulate the Grown Up Section and ease restrictions on Screen Shots. Vote for the evil you don't know!

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I'm looking for someone behind which to throw my support. I'm partial to handies in the back of a camaro.
As the boards resident HOOR expert J49 will be in my cabinet to handle these kinds of issues. He can make sure you get what you need.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Just to give some frame of reference, the way I see this going is this. This isn't the way it MUST go, just my current opinion.

1. Some number of moderator seats would be up for a vote. There are currently 12 mods. I like 12. Maybe more, maybe less. These seats might be divided arbitrarily (Ex: seat 1-12, or the millie seat, jefflys seat, jenner seat, whatever). Or they might be divided based on forum section (Ex: sports mod, general mod, movie mod etc). Or both.

2. Based on the seating arrangement I'll decide which current moderator is incumbent in each seat.

3. In January I'll put up a thread in the comments forum for each of the seats. Anyone can announce their candidacy for the seat by posting in that thread with a candidacy speech. I will put the candidacy speeches in the OP in alphabetical order based on username.

4. In February, a_skeleton_03 will make a poll thread for each of the candidates in the comments forum. Users will have 1 week to vote. The voting will be anonymous.

Addendum 1: All moderators will be held to some code that amounts to, "Don't make Teljair restore a backup of the forum." Penalty for breaking of this rule may result in demotion and banning.
Addendum 2: Recalls and impeachment can be had with some vote threshold. Likely 60%. Maybe 70%.
All right, the vote was successful. Let's talk details. I haven't changed my opinion much from the above.

We currently have 7 active moderators:
Chaos, Erronius, Eyashusa, Noodlemod, Soygen, Tarrant, Tuco.

We have 5 additional moderators who, as far as I know, do not actively moderate. It is possible I am wrong on this.
Adam12, Braen, Brekk, Screamfeeder, Urgoslav.

I still like 12 moderators. If I could guarantee that every moderator was active as those 7, I would like 7 moderators. The floor is open to discussion on the number of seats.

Also, let's come up with names for the seats. I'd prefer not to call my seat the "Tuco" seat, then rename it if I'm oust from office. Or "Seat #7".

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
After voting is completed, if I am still holding my seat can my name go back to Noodleface or am I forever locked in to Noodlemod?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
After voting is completed, if I am still holding my seat can my name go back to Noodleface or am I forever locked in to Noodlemod?
Typical candidate. Gets elected under one pretense and then immediately changes. This is why we need these elections for villains like you.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If I recall correctly I was joking around about becoming a moderator and being half-serious (along with you). One day I was leading a minivan saturday morning raid and Soygen sent me a tell that he couldn't believe I had just become a moderator. It was a strange turn of events. I was elected by a secret underground lizard mole man militia that is run by the Rerolled NWO.

Status
Not open for further replies.