VR Gaming - Oculus Rift, Playstation VR, HTC Vive

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Pro just got delivered! Transferring data and hoping to jump into Skyrim tonight. Looking forward to seeing slightly sharper images on my psvr!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
The moves are great for a lot of games. I've defaulted to only using them for Skyrim myself, still waiting on the smooth movement patch though!

spronk

FPS noob
Playstation sent out an email ago, they will send a trial PSVR kit for $299 with the offer code if you sign up, 14 day trial then return or keep within 10 days. You are charged $299 if you keep it. It seems to be the full skyrim kit which is MSRP $449 so might be worth jumping in at $300 if you are interested, better than the black friday price of $349.

Its the v2 PSVR unit which passes HDR and audio via the breakout box, the v1 box does not.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

Yeah that's a nice offer 300 vs 350 for the bf deal on skyrim kit.

Wife wanted to see the headset in use, still don't have the pro yet, so no PS4 to use... so I plugged it up "theater" mode on the xboner and played remastered halo 1... looked great- with my glasses i have a very small sweet spot to get things clear and focused - is there any adjustment others then shifting it up and down on your head and the forward back "scope" button?

Imo it looks better than the rift or HTC, it does not have that "I can see each pixie" in the middle like they do (for me)

Excited for bridge crew and skyrim!! (I haven't played skyrim yet...last time I played was 20min of marrowwind lol)

Siliconemelons

Got the pro and plugged up, didn't use the move controllers yet - I have to charge everything full before I use them...OCD about batteries..

Anywho, Skyrim with controller is not bad - you really can start to get into the game in VR, the landscape and non-human elements really get you in to the world - the humans can be a little harsh.

The jumppy turning is hard and the patch will be welcome.

Bridge crew looks imo better than when I played it on rift, mostly the view screen is less pixie noticeable.

Tomb raider is next, but that's just a single puzzle mission from what I can tell.

I can't et text perfectly clear but that's my glasses - I have progressive and harsh astigmatism - next glasses round I am going to get just a single distance frame, distance (top) makes VR more clear than close (bottom) and the psVR has a very small "good" spot.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You can shut off the horrible turning and the thing that constricts the FOV every time you turn or move right now if you're using the DS4. Personally I don't think the Moves will ever be worth using in Skyrim, patch or no patch.

Siliconemelons

Eh I was wondering about the constricted view thing - thought it was some sort of focusing or performance thing. Also...how the heck do I get into the menu other than PS button and then return to the game haha.

Siliconemelons

Oh, some guide mentioned to be sure to take the lense protectors off the lenses when you setup your psvr ... mine didn't have any... it was the 2.0 and skyrim bundle lol - may be a 2.0 change

Vorph

Eh I was wondering about the constricted view thing - thought it was some sort of focusing or performance thing. Also...how the heck do I get into the menu other than PS button and then return to the game haha.
Supposedly it's one of the anti-motion sickness things, but I think it has the exact opposite effect.

Which menu? The stuff I'm talking about is in Skyrim's own settings > VR menu.

Siliconemelons

Used the motion controls on skyrim.... Horrible - no moving- only jumping around- in a game like this - horrible, unbearable - if a move controller had an analog stick- okay

I suppose it will be better in a stationary game like bridge crew.

Getting my VR legs, faster to find my sweet spot and can play longer before I get a wee bit woozy

Nija

<Silver Donator>
So what's up with all this disinformation?

Go into the options menu my dudes. You can 1) turn on smooth turning and 2) move with the move controllers.

• 1Solidarity

Lenas

Trump's Staff
So what's up with all this disinformation?

Go into the options menu my dudes. You can 1) turn on smooth turning and 2) move with the move controllers.
People not understanding options I guess.

Vorph

What disinformation? Moves do not have smooth turning (yet). The only thing he got wrong is that you don't have to use the teleportation. It's still clunky as fuck without a thumb stick anyway.

I could probably get past the movement eventually if they patch in smooth turning, but the way melee hit detection works is a total dealbreaker.

Siliconemelons

Lol I did not mess with options, I guess I'll give it another try with the moves and fiddle with the options some.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Got the pro and plugged up, didn't use the move controllers yet - I have to charge everything full before I use them...OCD about batteries..

Anywho, Skyrim with controller is not bad - you really can start to get into the game in VR, the landscape and non-human elements really get you in to the world - the humans can be a little harsh.

Bridge crew looks imo better than when I played it on rift, mostly the view screen is less pixie noticeable.

Tomb raider is next, but that's just a single puzzle mission from what I can tell.

I can't et text perfectly clear but that's my glasses - I have progressive and harsh astigmatism - next glasses round I am going to get just a single distance frame, distance (top) makes VR more clear than close (bottom) and the psVR has a very small "good" spot.

So, Daezuel Daezuel Siliconemelons Siliconemelons I have a gaming weekend this coming weekend. Friday night will be taken but if you guys are free Saturday around 5pm central or so, I think we should grab some beers, drink them, and hop into this the three of us. Bridge Crew that is :)

• 1Solidarity