VR Gaming - Oculus Rift, Playstation VR, HTC Vive

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone tried the TPCast with the Vive? It's an appealing idea to go cordless but I'm reading very mixed experiences on reddit, not sure who is shilling which way there.

Siliconemelons

Finally got my VR labs psvr lense protectors - these were the only psvr lense protector system reviewed as being worth a damn.

They have the "blue light" filter to help eye stress, and while I only tested the headset for a few moments it felt a little softer, not as stressful, kind of like when I would lower brightness some.

They are fitted in and held in place by little rubber gaskets that fit along the outside the lense and you stick down in the psVR, it's not easy and took a little to get them to really fit in and not just fall out.

They are nice, but like 30$ and from EU... but I don't have to worry about my glasses scratching the real lenses- these do seem "harder" -- like touching them they "feel" durable while the psVR lenses themselves felt "weak" if that's a thing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Sony sent out emails with 20% discount codes for digital PSN purchases, the email title is "YOUR_PSN_NAME, see what's new this week". Used mine to get a couple of VR games - Driveclub VR, 100ft robot golf, end space, solus project, VR Worlds, Virry, Carnival Games VR, and a few others all of which are on 60-80% off as well.

Holiday sale week 1
Holiday Sale | Week 1 | Official PlayStation™Store US

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I got everything set up and have been playing skyrim for about an hour. I'm using the controller, not the wands and I'm playing seated. I turned smooth turn on and I shut off the FOV restriction when moving.

So far I haven't felt like hurling.

Something just happened in combat and now my guy is stuck halfway through the floor, is there an easy way to re-center camera view?

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Yes, hold the options button to recenter. If that works, but not 100%, hit the PS button to go back to the dashboard. Hold options there. Enter the game again (you don't have to close the game if you are new to the PS4) and it should recalculate again.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've been playing about 5 hours of Skyrim a night every night after work. No nausea. I was afraid I was going to have buyers remorse spending $700 to buy the PS4 and vr just to play one game but I'm happy that is NOT the case. Really impressed with the game in VR and with how Sony did VR. Surprised and impressed.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Siliconemelons

didn't play the VR mission- but played some of the regular game on large screen mode on the VR headset - the new tomb raider - it feels like a fun game so far and great visuals.

Getting used to the "new" Laura but it's still "her" she isn't (as of yet) been crazy sjwed or anything- just not big blobs... alas I miss them, she so far is still her kickass self, as that's how she always has been.

Plot/story so far is better than the last Indiana Jones haha- actually quite interesting - but I am not far, haven't caught up to the intro yet.

Last edited:

DaliLhama

Golden Squire
The TPcast is on sale at the Microsoft store for $249 till Dec 24th. Newegg also is selling it for $299 with 2 free gifts.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Wife got me Skyrim for Christmas so I'm pretty stoked to finally dive into the game. Gonna try and focus on story critical stuff before I get sidetracked too much and actually finish it.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wife got me Skyrim for Christmas so I'm pretty stoked to finally dive into the game. Gonna try and focus on story critical stuff before I get sidetracked too much and actually finish it.
Hah I told myself the same thing! Good luck with that! Hey what is this crypt over here? Hmm let me just check out this Dwarven ruin here...two hours later...

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Started it up today. Turned on smooth turning immediately, using the dual shock and I haven't had any uneasiness. Archery aim feels awesome with head tracking. Environments look amazing. Can't wait to play some more but gotta spend time with dumb family.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

restarted Skyrim with the move controllers and smooth scroll turned on - it takes some getting used to how it works but its not bad- I still need to get used to the interface and controls - any menu I just want to pickup my normal controller and screw the stupid moves for menu navigation.