VR Gaming - Oculus Rift, Playstation VR, HTC Vive

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Finally got to try out Occulus at a friends house and Robo Recall is pretty much the perfect arcade shooter I always wanted, now someone make a Shadowrun MMO with this shit already.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Watched some vrchat, really makes me want a Oculus. Anything new coming out interms of vr soon that would the current oculus worthless?

Siliconemelons

Watched some vrchat, really makes me want a Oculus. Anything new coming out interms of vr soon that would the current oculus worthless?

It depends on what you...want...

Psvr is best price and intro $ cost- and a damn good system... but it's limited to ps4 obviously.

HTC and OR and on sale still...i think, and good prices solo - but if you have to build or upgrade your rig the costs rise steeply.

OR is due to come out next year with their stand alone headset that is focused on the social and non-hard core gaming aspects.

No wires, all hardware on the headset and I think running 200-300$ - I think it can play some lower resource heaven steam games and comes with 1 controller - I don't know it's full specs or abilities - I think it can be plugged up to a comp and acr like a current OR.

MS mixed reality headsets are nice and good prices with tons of vendor options and are falling into the market place and generalized setup of "VR" but they want to call it MR... because...marketing and it has a camera on the front so u can play "hologram" games on your coffee table or whatever.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
I am a zygote in the world of games. It was not sonething G shared with me, it was his thing. I have not ever played much at all.
Steady has the PS4 and got a VR bundle thing. (Yeah, I don't have the lingo ...I have been reading this forum for months and am still trying to figure out wtf you guys and gals are talking about most of the time).
I had SO much fun. I thought it would make me sick from motion. It did not. I can't wait to get play more. Seriously I was giddy.
I have a feeling I may end up with my own.
Wheeeeee!
You may now return to your normal program.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I am a zygote in the world of games. It was not sonething G shared with me, it was his thing. I have not ever played much at all.
Steady has the PS4 and got a VR bundle thing. (Yeah, I don't have the lingo ...I have been reading this forum for months and am still trying to figure out wtf you guys and gals are talking about most of the time).
I had SO much fun. I thought it would make me sick from motion. It did not. I can't wait to get play more. Seriously I was giddy.
I have a feeling I may end up with my own.
Wheeeeee!
You may now return to your normal program.

Yep. It's amazing :) I cannot wait to see what new generations of this technology bring. Also, Starbound Arena is free on PS Plus. Actually, it's a damn good month for PS Plus over all for January games. Batman and Deus Ex Mankind divided.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

Are the free PS+ games only for the month?

I liked when they only did 1 or 2 small games free- but you got to keep em

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
You keep them as long as you are a subscriber to ps plus. :) It’s always been like that to my knowledge. Also you can tag them “purchase” and not download and the download will always be available in your library if you want to download them later.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Okay cool- yeah that's how it's always been... was just checking :) I'll have to remind myself to download that game tomorrow.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Okay cool- yeah that's how it's always been... was just checking :) I'll have to remind myself to download that game tomorrow.

Yeah I always use my phone to mark them as purchased. Once that’s done, you can download them whenever you want as long as you are subscribed. It taggs the games

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Yep. It's amazing :) I cannot wait to see what new generations of this technology bring. Also, Starbound Arena is free on PS Plus. Actually, it's a damn good month for PS Plus over all for January games. Batman and Deus Ex Mankind divided.
So, my sweet man has an upcoming birthday. He only has the
"regular" controllers. I was thiking I would get him the Aim/Farpoint package and perhaps the Move controllers and another game or a subscription to PS plus....ideas...advice?
Thanks for helping this old Newb.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So, my sweet man has an upcoming birthday. He only has the
"regular" controllers. I was thiking I would get him the Aim/Farpoint package and perhaps the Move controllers and another game or a subscription to PS plus....ideas...advice?
Thanks for helping this old Newb.

I would get the move controllers and the PS Plus sub over the farpoint Aim bundle. The Aim is awesome and farpoint was fun with it in VR, but there isn't a lot out there supporting AIM at the moment. The move controls will give him a whole new immersive feel in the world with plenty of games that support it, and they feel like an extension of your hand. (Or, really, are your hands) and are very responsive. PS Plus will make sure he gets online for other games, PS Plus deals, and free games per month (Which you can keep for the life of the sub) and Arena (VR game) is a freebie, along with Deus Ex Mankind Divided (Which I thought was a good solid game) for January.

Basically that PS Plus sub will get you 2-3 free games per month on PS4. (If you own a PS3 or Vita you get games free on those platforms too)

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When is the next generation of VR coming out? I want to get in on it, but I would prefer to do so at a lower price point than the current tech or at least better performance.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
When is the next generation of VR coming out? I want to get in on it, but I would prefer to do so at a lower price point than the current tech or at least better performance.

Late 2018 at best. But, rumors have the next HTC Vive pushing 4k.