VR Gaming - Oculus Rift, Playstation VR, HTC Vive

spronk

FPS noob
all PSVR games will run at 60 fps, they will be rejected for publication if they drop below until its fixed. Any game can be made to run at 60 fps or 120 fps or 1000 fps you just have to cut graphic features until you get to that point. So yeah, the PC version of any VR game will always be better from a fidelity perspective, but there will be instances of games only released for PSVR - how many and the quality, who knows?

VR_zpsl0tfobxo.gif

spronk

FPS noob
just got an email. 1-3 weeks
frown.png

Hi spronk,

Your Rift is almost ready to ship, and your order will be processed in the next 1-3 weeks. For some customers, your actual ship date may differ from the estimate you saw when ordering.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Went ahead and preordered the PSVR bundle today from Amazon when they opened up again for a bit. Don't have a powerful enough PC for the other options and I figure it will hold me over until the tech matures some more.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
just got an email. 1-3 weeks
frown.png

Hi spronk,

Your Rift is almost ready to ship, and your order will be processed in the next 1-3 weeks. For some customers, your actual ship date may differ from the estimate you saw when ordering.

Same.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
My order page shows shipped but it doesn't show a tracking number yet, so I don't know what is going on with that.

spronk

FPS noob
while still not really 100% clear, it looks like pre order Rift's will start shipping Wed (the 30th), but probably in waves so who knows exactly when. The ones shipped so far are Kickstarter ones, should start arriving tomorrow for those lucky folks
Palmer Luckey on Twitter:

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm still wondering if the one I get tomorrow will be different in some way than the normal versions. I guess we'll see tomorrow.

spronk

FPS noob
Reviews starting to go out for Rift, haven't read any yet. Giant bomb doing an all day cast
http://www.giantbomb.com/chat/
Twitch - GiantBomb

new nvidia drivers too, Oculus Store going up in 2 hours and apparently will have two freebies: one all the tech demos made to date, and second a full space game that is supposed to be crazy good. KS backers are getting eve valkyrie keys emailed to them too. No new update on regulare pre orders, hopefully starts shipping out mid week.

gAMZwFE.jpg

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've been watching this Giantbomb stream for a few hours now and I feel like I definitely do not need to have one right now, which is sad to me.