VR Gaming - Oculus Rift, Playstation VR, HTC Vive

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Kinda neat. I bet Doom3 does lend itself to VR pretty well since it was a slower pace horror game and not really... doom. I hope this isnt a PS VR exclusive though.
Utnayan Utnayan right now

jizz in my pants GIF

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Can I play Alyx sitting on my couch, or better to have some room to move like superhot?

I got it a few days ago, but have been fighting a toddler at bedtime and haven't gotten to play.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Can I play Alyx sitting on my couch, or better to have some room to move like superhot?

I got it a few days ago, but have been fighting a toddler at bedtime and haven't gotten to play.
Having a little room is probably best. Can't remember if there was a duck keybind but there's some bending over required to pickup items that require both hands.

Stave

Potato del Grande

I play it sitting in my PC chair, but it does rotate. L3 toggles crouching and standing. There are times it is annoying though when I bump into my armrests, and leaning around corners is hard, but I'd say it's definitely doable.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I play it sitting in my PC chair, but it does rotate. L3 toggles crouching and standing. There are times it is annoying though when I bump into my armrests, and leaning around corners is hard, but I'd say it's definitely doable.
This sounds amazing drunk

• 1Mother of God

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Dirt Rally 2.0 complete on sale on steam until the 8th. Gonna pick it up since it seems to work really well in VR.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Well I played Alyx for a few hours tonight. An amazing experience I must say.When I got to the part where the dude points a gun at me I put my hands up right into the ceiling fan at the same time he shocked me. Talk about a clockwork orange moment.

clockwork orange no GIF

Last edited:
  • 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea man, Alyx is a masterpiece.

Imagine a war type VR game similar to Alyx in quality, graphics and presentation? I can picture me and 3 squadmates clearing a sleepy French village at night, creeping through a burnt out farmhouse before an injured nazi rushes you with a bayonet, but is wasted by your buddy, his brains on your screen.

I mean, the possibilities are endless.

• 1Like

Stave

Potato del Grande
Yea man, Alyx is a masterpiece.

Imagine a war type VR game similar to Alyx in quality, graphics and presentation? I can picture me and 3 squadmates clearing a sleepy French village at night, creeping through a burnt out farmhouse before an injured nazi rushes you with a bayonet, but is wasted by your buddy, his brains on your screen.

I mean, the possibilities are endless.

Yeah I've been thinking a lot lately. VR is like a poor man's brain computer. You are essentually interfacing your visual sense completely with a simulation. Direct feeding the visuals and tracking into your eyes and brain. They arent there with other senses yet but maybe will be someday if they figure out brain computers. But even with visual only, the sky is the limit, people just have to start creating the stuff. We are still so early in the technology so it's exciting to think of how good it will be in 20+ years.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Did anyone play the Medal of Honor game that came out? Supposedly AAA quality WW2 shooter - I see adverts for it in the oculus store but reviews seemed kinda mixed as either the best thing ever or it runs like shit. Also its like a 180 gig download lol.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Did anyone play the Medal of Honor game that came out? Supposedly AAA quality WW2 shooter - I see adverts for it in the oculus store but reviews seemed kinda mixed as either the best thing ever or it runs like shit. Also its like a 180 gig download lol.
The trailers and stuff looked great to me, but the reviews were really bad so I never bothered to look into it more as there are plenty of other games for me to play. If I saw it on sale for like $20 I might check it out.

Jozu

I havent played it, but from what I have gathered The Medal of Honor VR game is mediocre to bad.

One problem in VR in general, and in this game specifically, is the handling of long guns. If you have really solid tracking/lighting and you keep your hand gripped in the proper position, then it works just fine. It takes a bit to get used to actually having to aim (i close one eye and aim lol) but once you get the hang of it, its ridiculously satisfying.

Sniper rifles are a bit different with scope, but I guess the Medal of Honor game has wonky long gun physics and sloppy feedback. Im sure some of the set pieces/levels/areas are well done, but the reviews are pretty bad.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I may be having too much fun.

1615522557033.png

Just got Fallout 4 for $12 on CD keys and Skyrim for 18. Hell yeah!

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Crone

Just ordered the 256gb version off Amazon!! Ohhh baby!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just ordered the 256gb version off Amazon!! Ohhh baby!
Nice! Been playing SkyrimVR and Alyx like mad in ultra settings.

Also being tethered doesn’t bother me but I bought the official rift cable.

Last edited:
  • 1Like