VR Gaming - Oculus Rift, Playstation VR, HTC Vive

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Janx

<Silver Donator>
All the EuroTruck/American Truck simulator stuff is on sale if you're into that kind of thing. Pretty damn great in VR.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
All the EuroTruck/American Truck simulator stuff is on sale if you're into that kind of thing. Pretty damn great in VR.
Wait which one is VR? All of them? $5 is cheap af.

Do I need to put on my Big Dog T shirt and crank up Hank Williams?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Wait which one is VR? All of them? $5 is cheap af.

Do I need to put on my Big Dog T shirt and crank up Hank Williams?
Proud Of You Yes GIF

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
I am absolutely blown away that people would play a big rig simulator even if it was free.
I saw a video of a guy that built a working semi cab for one of those sims. I wonder if those games have side quests to kill hookers.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So I’m going to try virtual desktop 🖥.

what cord/charger do you guys recommend for 3 + hours? I’ve heard about battery packs too. Does anyone have a link usbC cable that can charge the quest 2 while doing virtual desktop?

• 1Like

Stave

Potato del Grande
For extended use I mean. I’ll be wireless but won’t it die within the hour of playing games like Skyrim?
You should get at least 2 hours wirelessly. I do on HL Alyx. You can get an elite strap with a battery pack on the back, or you can velcro your own battery pack on your regular headstrap if you need more battery.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I was building a new wellhouse roof today and my friend came over to help me lift the thing onto the wellhouse and brought his son along. He wanted to try the VR headset and the garage was full of lumber, so I set him up in the back yard to see how it would work. He was in the shade the whole time, bit worked flawlessly out here.
Screenshot_20210411-203749_Gallery.jpg

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I was building a new wellhouse roof today and my friend came over to help me lift the thing onto the wellhouse and brought his son along. He wanted to try the VR headset and the garage was full of lumber, so I set him up in the back yard to see how it would work. He was in the shade the whole time, bit worked flawlessly out here.
View attachment 347673
That's a rockin view.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
View attachment 347673
Nice

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice is on sale again and a damn good game, comes with VR mode which makes the experience even more wild. If you haven't played that game I highly recommend it as well as a playthrough in VR. That's a huge bitch!

Fucker

Log Wizard
Pretty cool toy. I got the Quest 2. If you order one, keep in mind it comes with a short usb c to usb c cable and no other adapter other than a power plug.

My PC is plugged into the router, and I use Virtual Desktop and the windows streaming client to beam it to the headset. It works fine, but I have a new router with 5GHz connect.

Alyx is defo a great game so far. A bit clunky to get used to at first, but that goes away.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
dunno what happened but link games are running like shit. This all started after downloading virtual desktop etc.

like Alyx is really buggy and slow

going to just uninstall everything and stay tethered

Kiki

Log Wizard
I had that happen on both cable and vdesktop at the same time, reinstalling steam vr and vdesktop didn't fix it. I had to reinstall the oculus program. No idea.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I had that happen on both cable and vdesktop at the same time, reinstalling steam vr and vdesktop didn't fix it. I had to reinstall the oculus program. No idea.
Ok reinstalling the program too. So stupid.

so that fixed it though?