VR Gaming - Oculus Rift, Playstation VR, HTC Vive

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
havent done it by i bookmarked this as the way to do custom shit with beat saber (quest version), its probably even easier with steam version but then you gotta do that link shit

Oculus Quest Pro / Oculus Quest 3 info
Ahhhh yea that was it. Thanks Spronk!

Sidequest and "BMBF", then use "Beat Saver" to add songs. It was a little clinky to remember how to start it up each time, but worked great once I was in-game (other than the fact that using headphones would drop the FPS to like 10 frames a second, oddly enough)

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Guess this belongs here as well...

PS VR2 specs were announced at CES:

New VR2 Sense controller:

Am I correct in reading that there's no camera (except eye tracking) this time around?

spronk

FPS noob
yeah PSVR2 uses inside out tracking just like oculus quest 2, vive, etc which means no camera needed

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
What do you need to do to import custom tracks into Beat Saber? The pay for music selection is dreadful for this game. I have the Steam version of the game.

You have the Steam version not the Quest version, here is your method. Can just download the songs and put them in a certain folder, can bypass all the modding stuff if you really want.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff

That has to burn... They abandoned the name Oculus, they opened Quest up to let people use Steam and bypass their storefront. At this point they are just selling hardware at a loss and begging Sony or Samsung or Apple to just swoop in and yank the market away.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

That has to burn... They abandoned the name Oculus, they opened Quest up to let people use Steam and bypass their storefront. At this point they are just selling hardware at a loss and begging Sony or Samsung or Apple to just swoop in and yank the market away.
When you say the opened it up are you talking about steamVr which has been on it for awhile or did I miss some news?

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Virtual Desktop for wireless streaming vs needing the cable to tether you to the PC.

Its a small change but one which makes everything just enough easier that average Joe can do it.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>

I haven't turned on my quest in a while, have they finally Unbloated their shit from the quest?

After seeing Walmart shopping in META...this shit has to be a joke.

spronk

FPS noob
buncha games are free on app lab for Oculus Quest if you got one

i imagine most are shovelware

• 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
just did MSFS 2020 in VR w/ a Quest 2 and it was amazing. Not as amazing as the Space Explorers movies (#3 fave) but amazing none the less. Highly recommend.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Fucking sucks it has a cord.

Yep, was hoping that wasn't the case. I'll still snag one though, I had a lot of fun with the original PSVR. I was stupid though, and my 1st game was Resident Evil. So from then on out I always expected a AAA full game experience, when 80% of the PSVR's library was pure shovelware lol.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wouldn’t cordless be way more expensive and potentially force them to go slightly lower on specs due to any wireless data or power consumption limitations?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wouldn’t cordless be way more expensive and potentially force them to go slightly lower on specs due to any wireless data or power consumption limitations?
Dunno the airlink on the quest2 is amazing

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Anyone messed with this yet? Going to have to give it a go later this week.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
buncha new games announced for Quest 2

Ghostbusters VR

Cities Skyline VR (looks cool)

and a few others like Moss Book 2, Resident Evil 4, Espire 2, Bonelab, Among Us VR, Walking Dead, Red Matter 2, and a few more. Not sure if the full video is here or not