VR Gaming - Oculus Rift, Playstation VR, HTC Vive

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
More like people not wanting Facebook logins to use their headset.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
More like people not wanting Facebook logins to use their headset.
Did you wank it and go live on accident?

im horny jack nicholson GIF

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
It's sad that the open VR stuff never took off. I'd love to have basic support of my hmd without a bunch of top heavy spyware installed.

I'd be annoyed more if my helmet wasn't falling apart. All the foam bits are just kind of disintegrating.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Forcing out people with good headsets, can’t imagine why people are jumping ship.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It's sad that the open VR stuff never took off. I'd love to have basic support of my hmd without a bunch of top heavy spyware installed.

I'd be annoyed more if my helmet wasn't falling apart. All the foam bits are just kind of disintegrating.
What sucks is we got Alyx, Fallout 4 VR and Skyrim VR. I honestly can’t put any of those above the other. They are all 3 just absolutely amazing.

Now we got Jack shit. Praying PlayStation will continue at least so we get something.

Last edited:

Cybsled

The worst part is Alyx teased Halflife 3...but we know Valve will never release it lol

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I am really rooting for Sony’s PlayStation VR to do well.

How can it? It doesn't support PSVR 1 games, it's wired, and it's locked to it's own ecosystem where 99% of the games you can get on other platforms anyway. The Rift was released 7 years ago. PSVR 1 released 7 years ago. Neither are supported anymore. At least with the Rift you can still use it with Steam VR. PSVR 2 you cannot even play your PSVR 1 library. Who is worse at this point?

Nija

<Silver Donator>
How can it? It doesn't support PSVR 1 games, it's wired, and it's locked to it's own ecosystem where 99% of the games you can get on other platforms anyway. The Rift was released 7 years ago. PSVR 1 released 7 years ago. Neither are supported anymore. At least with the Rift you can still use it with Steam VR. PSVR 2 you cannot even play your PSVR 1 library. Who is worse at this point?
Games will have to be upgraded to play on the PSVR2. Different tech (remote camera vs not, not to mention whatever the resolution increase is, etc) with different controls requires an update, at minimum. Do you expect Sony to force development houses to release updates? Games that are worth playing will be updated. Games that are not, will not. That's just how the world works.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Games will have to be upgraded to play on the PSVR2. Different tech (remote camera vs not, not to mention whatever the resolution increase is, etc) with different controls requires an update, at minimum. Do you expect Sony to force development houses to release updates? Games that are worth playing will be updated. Games that are not, will not. That's just how the world works.

These games could EASILY work with PSVR2 with the caveat that it may not support all the features of PSVR2. Or, they could have easily engineered support for their PSVR1 library with a compatibility mode. Either way, no one is buying this anyway - preorders are fucked.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Dude they could have brought over Skyrim at least lol.

say what you want but that is the instant “ooooh and ahhh” when I let my non gamer friends try out VR. Especially if I got that nude mod on.

• 1Worf

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Dude they could have brought over Skyrim at least lol.

say what you want but that is the instant “ooooh and ahhh” when I let my non gamer friends try out VR. Especially if I got that nude mod on.
Do you think Microsoft will let them do that?

C'mon man. Think.