VR Gaming - Oculus Rift, Playstation VR, HTC Vive

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Microsoft acquired Bethesda 2 years ago. Skyrim on PSVR predates that by just a little bit.

they’ve let stuff still release on Sony including Skyrim. They just aren’t releasing the new games.

Also this may have something to do with it.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
so sony said ice cream cones are faggot, lets just copy oculus controller, no one will know!

the only good thing is the single fucking cable

Meh I’m rooting for it. I love VR it has so much potential. I hope Sony continues down this road.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Meh I’m rooting for it. I love VR it has so much potential. I hope Sony continues down this road.
yea, i'm still rocking the first one for beat saber and the mess of wires is silly and ice cream cones are stupid, if this is now the "standard" vr controllers, then good

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Can't wait for all the new VR owners to learn they get nauseated!

It's like sailing, you eventually get your sea-legs. In the meantime, keep cool (ceiling fans are your friends!) and limit movement options that don't make sense to your brain.

I picked one of these up, and it's such a huge upgrade over the PSVR1. It's super bright and dark when it wants to. Watching the sun come out from behind a tallneck in the beginning of Horizons was neat, the water looks amazing next to the boat. I even like the 3d grass/ferns in the small cracks while climbing, it's definitely a ton sharper. I held off playing RE Village assuming it would get a VR release like the previous one, glad I did.

When I was in the RE intro, I peered over the in game wife to see what she was cooking in her pot, and she said something flirty. Real life wife behind me was less thrilled ;)

EZ setup, my one complaint so far is that I can't figure out how to play without also having the TV on, I guess it's a requirement?

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Went to play the PSVR2 tonight and one of the included VR controllers is busted. Googled it and it is a widespread issue, so hopefully they can patch it and it doesn't have to be shipped back.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
EZ setup, my one complaint so far is that I can't figure out how to play without also having the TV on, I guess it's a requirement?
How so? Once you set up your headset for the first time you can turn it and the console on and use it perfectly fine without even turning on the tv.

Last edited:

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Went to play the PSVR2 tonight and one of the included VR controllers is busted. Googled it and it is a widespread issue, so hopefully they can patch it and it doesn't have to be shipped back.
Same here. My left controller stops responding once I’m in a vr game. On the dashboard it works fine. Thankfully GT7 doesn’t need it. I got Horizons and Star Wars to work by launching the game, holding down the ps button on the non responsive controller until it shuts off (drops to dashboard then turns off the controller after about 10 seconds) then opening the game back up with my working right controller and finally hitting the ps button again on the dead left controller to turn it back on. Then it connects and I can play like normal. In Horizons I can’t stow the bow with L2 no matter what I do so until they fully fix this glitch I have to swap hands with the bow to stow or draw it out. Strange

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
We had 2 warm days and I did 3ish hours of VR each day. First time in a long time I didn't get sick at all. I was even sitting on a pool floatie thing and someone picked it up and threw it way up in the sky and I didn't barf at all. That would usually make me vomit.

The limiting factor now is my back. My heavy old rift murders my lower back. Getting old sucks.
VRChat_2023-02-23_00-11-07.083_1920x1080.png

• 1Worf

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
My PSVR2 still hasn't arrived. Priority overnight shipping my ass. I blame Utnayan Utnayan

I am intercepting all air shipments with my new drone that looks and acts like an F-16.

Don't worry, this same drone will soon drop off a Quest 2 so you can have an actual decent VR experience. You'll also be refunded 250 in credit to you via Venmo.

You're welcome.

RobXIII

<Gold Donor>
How so? Once you set up your headset for the first time you can turn it and the console on and use it perfectly fine without even turning on the tv.

I don't know if there's some final setup I'm missing, but when I turn the headset on, it insists I 'follow the directions on the TV' and won't budge until I take the headset off and turn on the TV. Then if I'm playing and turn the TV off, it goes back to step 1 lol.

But I've heard people are playing without a TV after initial setup, so I believe you are correct.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't know if there's some final setup I'm missing, but when I turn the headset on, it insists I 'follow the directions on the TV' and won't budge until I take the headset off and turn on the TV. Then if I'm playing and turn the TV off, it goes back to step 1 lol.

But I've heard people are playing without a TV after initial setup, so I believe you are correct.
And you fully went through the setup steps and launched a game? It should only make you go through headset/controller setup once.

RobXIII

<Gold Donor>
And you fully went through the setup steps and launched a game? It should only make you go through headset/controller setup once.

Fixed: Seems to only happen if you start it up outside your play area (ie un-sleep PS5 with the controllers before PSVR2 is moved into your play area :p)

• 1Like

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Fixed: Seems to only happen if you start it up outside your play area (ie un-sleep PS5 with the controllers before PSVR2 is moved into your play area :p)
Is there even a way to report a bug like that? Seems like it's something that could happen to anyone.

RobXIII

<Gold Donor>
Is there even a way to report a bug like that? Seems like it's something that could happen to anyone.

Happens when I have the TV on then turn it off. I can get around it by turning the headset off and on.

Playing Horizon, I expected just a shallow tech demo, but it really is a pretty well fleshed out game. I've stopped more than a few times to admire the view. Climbing is a big part of the game, but at least it's not too hard. Only complaint is that the way combat is handled, you know what's coming. See a round shaped area with a few tables with arrows? You're getting ambushed lol.