VR Gaming - Oculus Rift, Playstation VR, HTC Vive

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
How do you define mixed reality there?
AR+, I think. That really is the next step, and ai will help to push us there. VR was this generations laser disc.

Think: picking up a product in the store and it triggers additional info or related products through AR.

Screenshot 2023-06-03 at 23-52-06 Virtual Reality vs. Augmented Reality vs. Mixed Reality - In...png

Last edited:

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Or worse, everyone has a prefab 'blank' home/car/body and you 'see' their purchased skins instead.

Back To The Future Series GIF

The real test of love in future relationships will be taking off the headset.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Zuckerberg just flipped his shit and destroyed whatever room he was watching this in.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Yes the guy selling $300 headsets is flipping his shit about a $3500 headset.

Lol

• 2Worf

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Yes the guy selling $300 headsets is flipping his shit about a $3500 headset.

Lol

Starting at 3500 to be exact. No mention of how much extra stuff there is, if there is any "must haves". Apple is the master of exclusive addons like chargers, wires and the likes. Not to mention how much extra it will be to have the corrective lenses for people who wear glasses. With the lenses I wouldn't be surprised to add at least $500 more to it.

EDIT: And with the cost, I'd like to see what company buys that for employees for a more immersive workday working from home. All that focus on work, but it screams an extremely expensive entertainment unit. Hey, wanna watch a movie together, lets have 2. Have 2 kids that want to watch the new Disney movie too as a family with goggles on. 14000 dollars minimum.

Tech is amazing, but extremely expensive for a single user visual experience, and out of the question expensive for any regular company to give that to anyone except perhaps very specialized people for the CAD thing they showed and the likes. But even that is pushing it. And schools adding that for the heart/education thing is outright laughable.

I'm sure it will sell out for Apple crazies who all need the newest apple products, but I don't see any regular market at all for this. Add on a world wide recession too. Tough maybe there are enough Apple early adopters with cash to spend to be the regular market?

Last edited:

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
All I want is for it to do good enough for further iterations. A lot of what they showed is what really will be the next step for VR/AR, but remains to be seen if it can get over the hump anytime soon.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
$3500.00 is prohibitive for the casual person. I might consider it at $300.00. At $3500.00 it will not even be on my radar. A device that will not get used nearly as much as a damn good gaming computer. I think this will not do very well if they keep that price point.

spronk

FPS noob
"i'd like to welcome all my onlyfans into my VR space, please donate so i can buy a real dress"

6b45bc70-03cf-11ee-9bbf-efb1150035ac.png

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I just don't think I'd even be comfortable wearing a $3500 headset even if I wanted it.

Gonna need to lock it in a safe to keep my kids away from it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I just don't think I'd even be comfortable wearing a $3500 headset even if I wanted it.

Gonna need to lock it in a safe to keep my kids away from it.
At first I was like, am I finally going to have to buy an Apple product? Then I saw the price and I was relieved.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
If it made my girlfriend have bigger tits maybe.
Chance of my girlfriend having anything to do with me if I wore that. Less than zero.

You would look like the old SNL skit where Stuart was tethered to the playset while wearing a harness.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Palum

what Suineg set it to
While I'm sure the packaging and technical capabilities are going to make it impressive conceptually, that promo video was pretty uninspiring and it just felt gimmicky.

You can have fake sci fi hologram screens and watch... Normal content! You can even select the same settings icon you have on your iPad!

Also, was that tether power, video cable or did it go to some claw hand controller?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Well it get warm/hot like a phone if you use it for a while, while on your head.