VR Gaming - Oculus Rift, Playstation VR, HTC Vive

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I guess I'm lazy but switching the headset and move controllers between kids and then lowering the camera to match their height every few minutes was super tedious and part of the reason I returned it and got the Switch instead.
thats why i got the boom mic and attached the camera to it.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
That's certainly one way to do it! Cool setup.
yea i might replace it with a camera tripod instead, but the boom mic can extend really high, so that might be the bonus when i have a tall idiot over or something.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
lol, Beat Saber is fun and obviously a hit but is nowhere close to as good a game as any other on that list.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
lol, Beat Saber is fun and obviously a hit but is nowhere close to as good a game as any other on that list.
Sorry buddy, wholeheartedly disagree.

Beat Saber is fantastic and I feel like it perfectly operates within the bounds of what is possible nowadays. I think Astrobot is the only one that blows it away without any complaints.

The others are great and I've got more time in Skyrim than anything else now, but Beat Saber is really great for the simplicity.

Edit - I haven't tried Resident Evil, btw

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
It's ok to disagree, I just say you're wrong. It's a shallow game with many flaws. It's fun, but it's a rhythm game with a pop culture catch. All the other games on that list are absolutely amazing experiences that are much more than just a gimmick.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Yeah, it's recency bias. It's a fun game, it's fun to get moving and swing light sabers for sure and all the new people finding about about VR because of it is a good thing I think.

It could be a lot better imo, the campaign modes where you have to make your hands move a certain distance to beat..who thought this was a good idea.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
beat saber is probably the only reason anyone gives a shit about psvr or any vr at the tail end of 2018

• 2Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So what is everyone doing tonight? :) Wife works - so I am staying in over Amatuer night. Maybe a hour or two of four of us getting together for some Bridge Crew?

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
beat saber is probably the only reason anyone gives a shit about psvr or any vr at the tail end of 2018
Yeah, it's amazing a game that is basically just swinging light sabers at blocks to music and probably took like no effort at all to make comparatively is doing so well. Makes you really wonder wtf Disney is doing with the Star Wars license if something this simple works so well.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
So what is everyone doing tonight? :) Wife works - so I am staying in over Amatuer night. Maybe a hour or two of four of us getting together for some Bridge Crew?
Get Firewall, Mother Trucker! I don't have bridge crew.

I'm never going to be able to jump on voice chat either, unless I find somewhere to move the PS4 that's not next to a baby or a woman. I need a garage.

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Yeah, it's amazing a game that is basically just swinging light sabers at blocks to music and probably took like no effort at all to make comparatively is doing so well. Makes you really wonder wtf Disney is doing with the Star Wars license if something this simple works so well.
i remember getting this shitty SW game for a party once

You basically saw loads of white ppl tire themselves out essentiall button mashing

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
A full Star Wars game in VR with X-Wings and Light Sabers, make it so. (and yeah I have Battlefront, the X-Wing mission is actually pretty decent, jumping to Light Speed is great, sadly too short and shallow)

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Can you guys imagine a tie fighter remake in vr? :)

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Can you guys imagine a tie fighter remake in vr? :)

It's like free money sitting there for devs to just come take. I wonder how much Borderlands 2 VR will pull in, $50 a pop. I'm fairly sure the PSVR has a super high attach rate when it comes to the number of games bought per unit. Once you have one and get hooked you want to keep buying everything that looks cool. This is how I now have a steering wheel, a hotas 4, and a lightgun to play VR games with lol.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
...PSVR has a super high attach rate when it comes to the number of games bought per unit. Once you have one and get hooked you want to keep buying everything that looks cool...
Yea, I've bought more games in the last 2 weeks (for VR) than I have in the last 3 years.

The 20%-70% off Christmas sale may have played a role.

• 2Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
They have sales quite often on VR games. Personally I think I'd love the shit out of Borderlands 2, but I'm still waiting because I have enough games to hold me over until it's half price. (and who knows maybe they'll add Aim support at which time it becomes an instant buy)