VR Gaming - Oculus Rift, Playstation VR, HTC Vive

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I'm waiting on my VR legs to try Borderlands again, but that's a brutal game to replay if you've already done it 10 times.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
No worries, just like the original Skyrim I quit Borderlands 2 way before it was over because I got bored in 2d.

I haven't actually played anything recently that would even test my VR legs, will be interesting to see if I have to retrain myself. I'm sure it'll be fine though, kind of like riding a bike.

RE7 is a game you need your legs for, as is Farpoint. I mistakenly let my friend play Farpoint too quickly in his VR journey and even though he loved the shit out of it he was so sick he never wanted to play VR again lol.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
i've had some ppl come over to try the psvr, one comment i get a lot is "are you gonna push me down to scare me?"

like holy shit, these videos do not do VR any favors

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I really really really want to get people to try the kitchen demo from RE7 and film reactions. That game is so fucking disturbing.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
I really really really want to get people to try the kitchen demo from RE7 and film reactions. That game is so fucking disturbing.

When I had RE7 installed I kept a save at the fight in the garage with the car. That was absolutely nuts.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
When I had RE7 installed I kept a save at the fight in the garage with the car. That was absolutely nuts.

Yes yes it was. When I watched it later on youtube, they ended it differently than I did, so there's more than one way to get past it looks like.

gLobal

Trakanon Raider
Just checking in after a long break, hoping to see some cool new stuff. Looks like there really hasn't been much outside of a few sales. Why does the future have to come so slow?

Also, seems PSVR became the platform of choice for now? Got that the sweet spot price entry. Kind of sucks for me because I skipped this console generation and don't see myself buying this late in the cycle. I'd much rather have a system I can connect to my gaming rig, since it's recently updated. Vive Pro is not an easy sell, and I avoid anything Facebook touches so I guess it's back to waiting.

Maybe we'll see some good news at E3 this year. I'm hoping Google/LG have a demo of whatever they're working on.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Man, now would actually be a great time to get a PS4 Pro. The last year has been fantastic.

• 1Like

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Just checking in after a long break, hoping to see some cool new stuff. Looks like there really hasn't been much outside of a few sales. Why does the future have to come so slow?

Also, seems PSVR became the platform of choice for now? Got that the sweet spot price entry. Kind of sucks for me because I skipped this console generation and don't see myself buying this late in the cycle. I'd much rather have a system I can connect to my gaming rig, since it's recently updated. Vive Pro is not an easy sell, and I avoid anything Facebook touches so I guess it's back to waiting.

Maybe we'll see some good news at E3 this year. I'm hoping Google/LG have a demo of whatever they're working on.
Just off the top of my head, PS4 exclusives that make it worth getting now (not even including PSVR):
God of War
Spider-Man
Horizon Zero Dawn
Bloodborne
Uncharted

Upcoming:
The Last of Us 2

If you’re a fan of video games, you won’t be disappointed. You’re really missing out by not playing these games.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Just off the top of my head, PS4 exclusives that make it worth getting now (not even including PSVR):
God of War
Spider-Man
Horizon Zero Dawn
Bloodborne
Uncharted

Upcoming:
The Last of Us 2

If you’re a fan of video games, you won’t be disappointed. You’re really missing out by not playing these games.
yea if anything it just further solidifies that xbox sux.

• 1Like

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
I’m about 3 hours into Moss now and really enjoying it. My son’s mind was blown when I walked around and peaked around a corner and it actually moved the camera. (Who hasn’t played a game and tried to peak beyond the monitor to see what was just out of sight?)

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

I’m about 3 hours into Moss now and really enjoying it. My son’s mind was blown when I walked around and peaked around a corner and it actually moved the camera. (Who hasn’t played a game and tried to peak beyond the monitor to see what was just out of sight?)

We all flipped our NES controllers up to jump with Mario bro :)

• 1Like

Szlia

Apparently there is no thread dedicated to Tetris Effect (PS4 & PSVR), so I guess I'll ask my question here as google fails me: does this game has an infinite spin mechanism or not? Like, on Tetris DS, everytime you spin a piece, it resets the timer for it to get locked, so you can spin a piece forever. That mechanism makes the game insufferable for me as it breaks the rhythm of play. I am very curious about Tetris Effect, but I would hate to buy a new Tetris game only to realize 2 minutes in that I can't enjoy its gameplay.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Finished Moss last night. If you just play straight through without grabbing the collectibles I’d say you’ll get 3, maybe 4 hours out of it. It definitely showcases the potential of how good VR games can be. My only complaint (with PSVR) is how easy it is to move outside of the camera’s ability to see you. Hopefully future PSVR iterations will offer multiple camera configurations (even if just front and rear [as opposed to just front]).

Tl;dr: Buy Moss, full price or discount, it’s good value either way.

Gonna dip my toe into Borderlands 2 VR next.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Never played Borderlands, but i keep hearing B2VR is really good, may have to pick this up. Wish it had the gun Aim Controller support though

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Never played Borderlands, but i keep hearing B2VR is really good, may have to pick this up. Wish it had the gun Aim Controller support though
I wish I'd never played borderlands 2 before this!

I've played the first couple hours so many times that its really painful to go through again, even in vr

Terial

Trakanon Raider
I wish I'd never played borderlands 2 before this!

I've played the first couple hours so many times that its really painful to go through again, even in vr

so what you are saying is if you never played borderlands before, this is a great pickup to start it off :)

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
so what you are saying is if you never played borderlands before, this is a great pickup to start it off :)
Exactly. It's a great game.

Aside from the "replaying the story" complaint, I also found it to be a little nauseating when I first tried it. Haven't jumped back on since because I'm still playing Skyrim VR. Skyrim made me a little sick at first too, but I can put in about 90 minutes now before I start getting worn out. Just a heads up

• 1Like