VR Gaming - Oculus Rift, Playstation VR, HTC Vive

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Being tied to Meta is better?

You no longer need to use a personal Facebook account.

But even if so, yes. I have access to the Oculus store or with virtual desktop I can wirelessly stream all steam VR (and it works very well). So I have access to any game out there, I have access to better discounts, access to two stores, and I’m not tethered.

You want to talk cool - I brought my Quest 2 to an outdoor area for shits and giggles to an open camping space. Area was 50 yards by 50 yards and walked everywhere within the game 😂 It was cool as fuck although I’m sure I looked like an idiot.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
You no longer need to use a personal Facebook account.
No. As I said, you need a Meta account, which is almost certainly hosted in the same infrastructure, and almost certainly automatically paired with your facebook account as soon as they spot you on a computer using both in a row or any indication that they're "the same".
You want to talk cool - I brought my Quest 2 to an outdoor area for shits and giggles to an open camping space. Area was 50 yards by 50 yards and walked everywhere within the game 😂 It was cool as fuck although I’m sure I looked like an idiot.
Sure. If you want to be bound to the Zuckerverse, be my guest.

Give me the Oculus without the borg behind, and I'll instantly purchase one.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I’m sure I looked like an idiot.
1661257297529.gif

• 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
No. As I said, you need a Meta account, which is almost certainly hosted in the same infrastructure, and almost certainly automatically paired with your facebook account as soon as they spot you on a computer using both in a row or any indication that they're "the same".

Sure. If you want to be bound to the Zuckerverse, be my guest.

Give me the Oculus without the borg behind, and I'll instantly purchase one.

I am not following: It will be the same as any profile you create for PS5 or Xbox.

"In August Meta will “begin rolling out” Meta accounts, which can be used to set up Meta headsets. You’ll still be able to link your Facebook account to your Meta account to message and call Facebook friends from inside VR, but this is no longer required."

I mean you will want to be able to purchase digital games. There * has * to be a way to get to that and tie it to some sort of account right?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
No brainer for me since I can play games like Alyx on my 3090. However I wouldn’t mind trying out the PlayStation VR? This should be supported because it helps us get shit too. Competition is a great thing. Alyx/Fallout 4/ Skyrim still the best games modded out in 8k etc

Maybe if this is successful we’ll see more AAA games come to SteamVR.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, not ideal. Here come the PSVR remasters? :|

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pretty slick video ad there, well done.

probably will buy. I bought a samsung oddesy couple years ago and never use it.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I hope PSVR2 preorders start soon. That video was well done and I was surprised there wasn’t at least a date at the end of it. What’s your guess on release date and price?

my guess would be Feb. 2023 $499

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
how much shooting in the dick do I do with smaller size occlus 2? have a worthless 200 verizon store credit that is torn between buying the $400 occlus or a $250 jbl headset or a shit ton of power bricks.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I noticed from this: that all the VR players are investing in micro LED. I don't know how they will ever get the costs down though. They are going to have to find some kind of new compound for greens and reds.

spronk

FPS noob

still not enough to get me to buy a PSVR2, i haven't turned on my quest 2 in months and thats totally wireless

• 1Mother of God

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

still not enough to get me to buy a PSVR2, i haven't turned on my quest 2 in months and thats totally wireless
Wow. That's not a small "get". Props to Sony. They'll need to keep adding, though. They should approach the creators of Walkabout Mini Golf.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wow. That's not a small "get". Props to Sony. They'll need to keep adding, though. They should approach the creators of Walkabout Mini Golf.
Not a small get at all considering its the best VR produced. Now add Fallout 4 along with Skyrim super duper remastered 5.0 and that's all you need.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

I cannot imagine playing this on a wired VR set. Was awesome on my Quest 2 - wireless streaming via Virtual Desktop - and was pure quality.

Why the fuck am I going to do the following as a consumer - Please let me know if I am missing something:

1) Pay more for a VR set locked to Sony who cannot even support the hundreds of titles developed for PSVR1? (MAJOR shit show)

2) Be locked to Sony who doesn't own nearly the amount of exclusives to warrant it in VR to begin with.

3) Sony acting like complete chumps in the market this gen effecting development of games.

4) I can pay less, with damn near the same quality, for a wireless room experience not only holding software on the Quest 2, but a flawless virtual desktop wireless streaming solution to play anything in Steam library with thousands of titles.

5) Meta no longer requires a Facebook account.

Alyx on PSVR2? Who gives a shit. Buy a Quest 2 now and play it in wireless room VR via Virtual Desktop and I promise you if you ever demo this damn thing when it comes out, you will know why.