WandaVision

Sterling

El Presidente
Sounds like no one would have watched this unless it was MCU but because it is it gets a pass like Captain Marvel and Black Panther did. It's garbage but it's MCU garbage so it's like gourmet garbage.

I don't plan on watching this, just interpreting what people are saying here.
No, it's more like it's just very niche and divisive right now and it's been like over an hour of just setup and little information for non comic nerds. So it's exceedingly slow and probably works out better binged than as a weekly series for most people. I would think that the majority of people in this thread that like the show think Captain Marvel sucks and Black Panther is mediocre and one of the lesser Marvel movies so that's not a very good comparison.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
honestly i'm just watching it because there isnt anything else on and Scarlet Witch is a piece of ass and i like hot chicks. but i can only be jerked around for so long before i nope out of it. i will watch the Brady Bunch week and Night Court week and if it doesnt get good i'm probably done.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
I like this, I love the easter egg hunting
Captain Marvel I cant really comment on as I fell asleep about a quarter of the way through cause it was so boring and I never finished it (so maybe it got better but I doubt it)
Black Panther was eh, I really liked Micheal B Jordan as Killmonger but a lot of the CGI was trash tier and that is unacceptable for a billion dollar Marvel movie. I mean the story was stupid but Killmonger and Klaue were both pretty good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rime

<Donor>
2:42, the time on the Strucker watch correlates to Issue 242 of the Avengers, which is when Vision warns them of the Beyonder.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Wow!
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 5 users

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I always assumed when the Beyonder finally appeared (With whatever actor), he would say he's always been around in the form of Stan Lees appearances.

(Showing that he was always around in every movie...finishing with a nice homage to Lee)

But I assume Secret Wars will be the big payoff for this next phase?

Caliane

no no no, you arent using Marvel Easter egg think.
Ralph is slang for Raphael, who is known for a famous painting of St Michael slaying the devil which in Marvel in known as Mephisto!

see guys, i got clues too!
no. don't be stupid, that has nothing to do with comics.

Ralph is referring to Raphael. the ninja turtle. who is green, and also wears red. Red like Scarlett Witch, and the devil. But also green. Green like The Hulk. Who is sometimes grey. Who also is Grey? Jean Grey from the Xmen. An enemy of the Xmen is Juggernaut. who wears Red too. And is powered the Crimson gem of Cyttorak, who is also known as the Crimson Cosmos. The Crimson cowl is a title taken by Ultron-5, when creating his team, "the masters of evil". A previous version of The masters of Evil, created by baron Zemo, included Simon Williams, aka Wonderman. Wonderman "died" and went into a coma, during which time his brainpatterns, and memories were used to create Vision. Wondermans brother Eric, is Grim Reaper, a supervillian, who is constantly attacking Vision. And a major cause of the catastrophe in "the visions" comic, this is likely borrowing some bits from.

• 2Mother of God
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I always assumed when the Beyonder finally appeared (With whatever actor), he would say he's always been around in the form of Stan Lees appearances.
That would kind of tarnish all of Stan's cameos. Anyway, I like it better that he was a Watcher.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
no. don't be stupid, that has nothing to do with comics.

Ralph is referring to Raphael. the ninja turtle. who is green, and also wears red. Red like Scarlett Witch, and the devil. But also green. Green like The Hulk. Who is sometimes grey. Who also is Grey? Jean Grey from the Xmen. An enemy of the Xmen is Juggernaut. who wears Red too. And is powered the Crimson gem of Cyttorak, who is also known as the Crimson Cosmos. The Crimson cowl is a title taken by Ultron-5, when creating his team, "the masters of evil". A previous version of The masters of Evil, created by baron Zemo, included Simon Williams, aka Wonderman. Wonderman "died" and went into a coma, during which time his brainpatterns, and memories were used to create Vision. Wondermans brother Eric, is Grim Reaper, a supervillian, who is constantly attacking Vision. And a major cause of the catastrophe in "the visions" comic, this is likely borrowing some bits from.

The Simpsons Reaction GIF by FOX International Channels

2:42, the time on the Strucker watch correlates to Issue 242 of the Avengers, which is when Vision warns them of the Beyonder.

Amateur.

• 1Double Worf

Sevens

Log Wizard
Seems Evan Peters Quicksilver (From the Xmen films) is going to be in WandaVision

There's been chatter about Evan Peters having a role in WandaVision for months, and it seems those rumors have been confirmed today. The Spanish actor, Rodri Martin, who has previously dubbed Peters in the translated X-Men films took to Twitter over the weekend to reveal that he will reprise the role in this Disney+ series. Since then, he's made his account private and deleted the Tweet.

Yes, I am aware this is just theory but if true im wondering why the X-men Quicksilver and not the MCU Quicksilver

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Seems Evan Peters Quicksilver (From the Xmen films) is going to be in WandaVision

There's been chatter about Evan Peters having a role in WandaVision for months, and it seems those rumors have been confirmed today. The Spanish actor, Rodri Martin, who has previously dubbed Peters in the translated X-Men films took to Twitter over the weekend to reveal that he will reprise the role in this Disney+ series. Since then, he's made his account private and deleted the Tweet.

Yes, I am aware this is just theory but if true im wondering why the X-men Quicksilver and not the MCU Quicksilver
There was a rumor about Aaron Taylor-Johnson returning as Pietro as well.

Sevens

Log Wizard
There was a rumor about Aaron Taylor-Johnson returning as Pietro as well.
See, I can understand him being in it as Quicksilver, but why Even Peters? Maybe they are going to use him in a multiverse kind of way and somehow bring mutants into the MCU with it?

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
honestly i like the idea of scarlet witch having even peters as a brother. sort of this weird, "this is ALMOST right, but chaos magic" kind of thing. not that i want aaron taylor-johnson to get the shaft, he did a good enough job... honeslty i like him more than evan peters... evan peter's SCENES were better, but aaron taylor-johnson was a better quicksilver i think...

but when wanda is in full control of her powers, she's kind of boring. she's a MUCH better character when she doesn't have control of what she's doing

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
honestly i like the idea of scarlet witch having even peters as a brother. sort of this weird, "this is ALMOST right, but chaos magic" kind of thing. not that i want aaron taylor-johnson to get the shaft, he did a good enough job... honeslty i like him more than evan peters... evan peter's SCENES were better, but aaron taylor-johnson was a better quicksilver i think...

but when wanda is in full control of her powers, she's kind of boring. she's a MUCH better character when she doesn't have control of what she's doing
the only issue i have with Evan Peters is a nitpick. i know him from American Horror Story and whenever i see him, i associate him with that show which is campy as fuck at times and became unwatchable when they did the witches. i noped out when they for no reason had Stevie Nicks on to do a guest performance.

• 1Edgelord

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I dont hate Evan peters, and it's entirely possible that his portrayal had less to do with him and more to do with the script and direction... But he played pietro like... A male manic pixie girlfriend.

Quicksilver is kind of a douchebag. I can't remember which comic it was in, but I had always hated quicksilver until his view of the world was basically described as being in a sports car while stuck in rush hour. Yeah I'd be pretty irritable all the time too if that's how I felt

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
The laugh track after every sentence is overdone and annoying as fuck. I don't have a problem with the start in general, but it's been pretty slow, and I don't see why the first two episodes couldn't have just be compacted down to one. I expect it will get better as more is revealed anyways.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The laugh track after every sentence is overdone and annoying as fuck.
It's right on point with old shows like that though. It also wasn't laugh tracks. They had real audiences when they filmed these.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard