WandaVision

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Would be pretty shitty if this entire show is just to set up a movie
I mean there will be a story here, the repercussions lead to Doc Strange 2. I fully expect this to end with Wanda getting out of her realityscape and the 2 boys being there. I have no idea where they are going with Vision though. If he comes back I kind of expect him to be the non-emotional Vision they had in the comics from this storyline.

Cybsled

I mean there will be a story here, the repercussions lead to Doc Strange 2. I fully expect this to end with Wanda getting out of her realityscape and the 2 boys being there. I have no idea where they are going with Vision though. If he comes back I kind of expect him to be the non-emotional Vision they had in the comics from this storyline.

Maybe, but if they kept the character around, they could have him slowly recover/develop back to how he was? Gives them something to do with him from a character arc

In any case, this show seems to actually be extremely important for future MCU stuff

1) Sets groundwork for Fox Marvel stuff (X-Men, Deadpool, Fantastic Four) coming into the MCU
2) Acts as a lead in for Doctor Strange 2
3) Will probably also act as the first real step for the phase 4 plans and the new characters they will be introducing

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Maybe, but if they kept the character around, they could have him slowly recover/develop back to how he was? Gives them something to do with him from a character arc

In any case, this show seems to actually be extremely important for future MCU stuff

1) Sets groundwork for Fox Marvel stuff (X-Men, Deadpool, Fantastic Four) coming into the MCU
2) Acts as a lead in for Doctor Strange 2
3) Will probably also act as the first real step for the phase 4 plans and the new characters they will be introducing
Also leads into the Spideyverse opening up in Spider-Man 3 for sure.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Would be pretty shitty if this entire show is just to set up a movie
giphy.gif

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
he's not the same vision because he IS missing the mindstone
stonevis.jpg

This is a screen grab from the last episode... He has it. I'm simply saying that's obviously not the real stone, and it's not even really Vision/Jarvis. Wanda is reanimating him via hex like a puppet but it's not "him", The scene with the dead dog was trying to hint at it.. when the boys were like, "mom you can fix EVERYTHING" and she says "there are rules" that even SHE cannot alter, and death, or in this specific case, Frankensteining something back to life when it is absolutely DEAD is against the rules. Rewatch that scene again, Vision pops in right after she says it... it's so obvious what they're hinting at.

So I'm sticking to my guns here that Vision is dead... still. But they will find a way in the MCU to bring him back and not just via Wandahex.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
View attachment 333522

This is a screen grab from the last episode... He has it. I'm simply saying that's obviously not the real stone, and it's not even really Vision/Jarvis. Wanda is reanimating him via hex like a puppet but it's not "him", The scene with the dead dog was trying to hint at it.. when the boys were like, "mom you can fix EVERYTHING" and she says "there are rules" that even SHE cannot alter, and death, or in this specific case, Frankensteining something back to life when it is absolutely DEAD is against the rules. Rewatch that scene again, Vision pops in right after she says it... it's so obvious what they're hinting at.

So I'm sticking to my guns here that Vision is dead... still. But they will find a way in the MCU to bring him back and not just via Wandahex.
when i said he's missing the stone, i meant the one that he has on in this show is clearly just cosmetic. it's not the actual stone.

my thoughts on her telling her kids she can't fix EVERYTHING is that she was being honest, and she knew that from experience. she tried to bring back vision but it didn't work, she brought back something else and called it vision. when vision first shows up, the avengers think he's some amalgamation of jarvis, ultron and the stone, but that's not really accurate. there's no "part" of him that is jarvis, no "part" that's ultron, etc. he is a fully separate entity.

my thought is that wanda tried to bring back "Vision" without the stone, but there isn't a part of vision that exists withOUT the stone. it ends up making him a separate entity that LOOKS like vision, and even THINKS he's vision, but it's not. wanda knows he's different, he's close, but he's not vision. her whole speech to her kids about the responsibility of taking care of a living thing was DIRECTLY because of everything she has to do to keep vision functioning AS vision. there's a part of her that knows it's a bad idea and a terrible risk, but she can't help it, she's in love. the same way she trails off talking about all the responsibilities while petting the dog

for what it's worth, i'd totally accept vision being dead if that's where it goes. but i think they've done some storytelling signs that he is, in fact, alive

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
when i said he's missing the stone, i meant the one that he has on in this show is clearly just cosmetic. it's not the actual stone.

my thoughts on her telling her kids she can't fix EVERYTHING is that she was being honest, and she knew that from experience. she tried to bring back vision but it didn't work, she brought back something else and called it vision. when vision first shows up, the avengers think he's some amalgamation of jarvis, ultron and the stone, but that's not really accurate. there's no "part" of him that is jarvis, no "part" that's ultron, etc. he is a fully separate entity.

my thought is that wanda tried to bring back "Vision" without the stone, but there isn't a part of vision that exists withOUT the stone. it ends up making him a separate entity that LOOKS like vision, and even THINKS he's vision, but it's not. wanda knows he's different, he's close, but he's not vision. her whole speech to her kids about the responsibility of taking care of a living thing was DIRECTLY because of everything she has to do to keep vision functioning AS vision. there's a part of her that knows it's a bad idea and a terrible risk, but she can't help it, she's in love. the same way she trails off talking about all the responsibilities while petting the dog
I follow you now... yeah, we agree :)

• 1Barf

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I don't think it was actually Wanda either, or at least I don't think it was her in control, but we'll see.

As far as Darcy goes, I don't mind her but I absolutely see why people do. She also looks like she's gained some weight in the torso, which could be a big reason why they only seem to really be showing her from the shoulders up
This is like reading that someone didn't hate joffrey in got. I mean, between how they write her character and how she plays it, surely they're aiming to make her hatable. That can't be accidental.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I'm not following why people dislike Darcy. Shes a sarcastic character but when there's actually something that needs doing she gets it done.

In episode 4 she's trying to figure out why they have all been summoned to go to NJ and is using humor to deflect up until the point where she's asked to take measurements and actually finds something worth noting. Has the very reasonable idea to use an oscilloscope to try and figure out what the superimposed signal might be.

If anything I like the character because it plays against the stereotype of 'scientist is deus ex machina'. At one point they are asking what it all means and she says 'Im watching the same show you are!'

• 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
I'm not following why people dislike Darcy. Shes a sarcastic character but when there's actually something that needs doing she gets it done.

In episode 4 she's trying to figure out why they have all been summoned to go to NJ and is using humor to deflect up until the point where she's asked to take measurements and actually finds something worth noting. Has the very reasonable idea to use an oscilloscope to try and figure out what the superimposed signal might be.

If anything I like the character because it plays against the stereotype of 'scientist is deus ex machina'. At one point they are asking what it all means and she says 'Im watching the same show you are!'
She isn't bad in this show, I mean the actress isnt a very good one but the character is okay.
In Thor 2 she was just horrible, I mean I hated her more than Joffery in GoT. They have toned her down a bit so its much better.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi

Are we watching the same show? Like three times now she's asked a room full of decorated military officers and fbi agents if anyone is getting her a coffee yet. Might as well just name her character 'entitled millennial bitch'

If she had a mustache, she'd be twirling it. It's not subtle.

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Fadaar

That guy
Not gonna lie if I was an important civilian I'd be abusing military officers too, but that might be because I was enlisted.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Might as well just name her character 'entitled millennial bitch'
That is exactly what she is. Go watch Thor 1. He first act upon meeting Thor is to post the selfi on Insta or FB. I can get not liking her character but that is her character.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I dont like how she treats people like shit and she's just a science nerd with big tits. In her first scene she asks the one dude something and when he answers, she says, "nobody cares". I guess thats supposed to be funny and cute for present day, in my day it makes that person a giant piece of shit.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I dont like how she treats people like shit and she's just a science nerd with big tits. In her first scene she asks the one dude something and when he answers, she says, "nobody cares". I guess thats supposed to be funny and cute for present day, in my day it makes that person a giant piece of shit.
She asks the dude a question trying to figure out what is going on, but the dude won't answer. The others answer her question and she figures out what's up, then the dude chimes in and she roasts him
Same shit most of us would say/do on this board on a daily basis.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
She asks the dude a question trying to figure out what is going on, but the dude won't answer. The others answer her question and she figures out what's up, then the dude chimes in and she roasts him
Same shit most of us would say/do on this board on a daily basis.
like i said, in current year, you can get away with being a piece of shit because its edgy. and no i wouldnt "roast" somebody like that on here or in real life. if they answer you in a helpful manner than its cool beans. you dont deserve to be roasted for being cautious of strangers, strangers with no rank.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Picard

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Don't think she's a bitch or intentionally supposed to be hated, just find her voice annoying as shit and their attempt at using her for humor as failing miserably.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
like i said, in current year, you can get away with being a piece of shit because its edgy. and no i wouldnt "roast" somebody like that on here or in real life. if they answer you in a helpful manner than its cool beans. you dont deserve to be roasted for being cautious of strangers, strangers with no rank.
No one cares.

• 6Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Don't think she's a bitch or intentionally supposed to be hated, just find her voice annoying as shit and their attempt at using her for humor as failing miserably.
Anything I have ever seen her in, she uses that same monotone voice. She really lucked out getting that 2 Broke Girls show.