WandaVision

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
In the beginning you could enter until she kicked out Monica then threatened the head of sword guy to stay out. Forgetting if that was all in the same episode of over 2? might of been 2

Fadaar

That guy
You act like most “how I got my powers” scenes are profound

Spiderman: got bitten by a special spider
Hulk: gets exposed to gamma rays
Captain America: gets an injection of super serum

Kind of a dumb thing to react to. And if your complaint is he barrier giving power, it only seems to impact if you go through it multiple times. As far as we know, no one has been through it 3 times that didn’t have powers already. And I’m sure the barrier will vanish before that can be repeated

I legit forget, did Peter Parker ever explain how he got his powers this time around?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
They decided that with the 2 recent Spidey series, and them rehashing the origin story both times, they just skipped over it. We all know Spidey's origin by now. It's alot better than every Batman movie/show having to rehash it over and over.
I legit forget, did Peter Parker ever explain how he got his powers this time around?

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
He briefly summarized it when talking to Tony in Civil War. Monica's powering up scene was just fine, I quite liked her spectrum-vision as a way of showing the audience the general aspect of her abilities.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Enjoyed tonight's episode. One really stupid thing. The "space rover" had an ICE sound effect. Since it probably is designed for places with no oxygen and probably no gas stations in the area, I am going go with it has some sort of electric engine and thus no deep gutteral revving sounds.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well that was fucking terrible. Not sure if I hated it worse than the first two, but that was some atrocious acting. I was kind of expecting to make this post with an "until it turned into a horror movie," but that part wasn't really good either. It was pretty "smash you over the head" with the exposition.

• 4Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 4 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
He briefly summarized it when talking to Tony in Civil War. Monica's powering up scene was just fine, I quite liked her spectrum-vision as a way of showing the audience the general aspect of her abilities.
Plus its established that Monica was an astronaut so has likely been exposed to god knows what else that most of the other normies had not been. Plus she was around Captain Bitchface as a kid, so she has some exposure to infinity stones and the like. Not any more or ridiculous than other origin stories in Marvel. And frankly, if they show Tree Larson the door and make this the new Captain Marvel it would be an improvement in several ways.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I mean she got her powers in the comics the exact same way. She was just hit with some intense energy blast. Here she's just pushing throught an energy barrier.
Not the energy exposure. That's fine, classic comics stuff.

She survived and was transformed because of her superhuman girl power.

My criticism was all about how they framed that moment, and not at all about energy exposure.

Minor point, she's 100x more likable than Brie

• 3Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not the energy exposure. That's fine, classic comics stuff.

She survived and was transformed because of her superhuman girl power.

My criticism was all about how they framed that moment, and not at all about energy exposure.

Minor point, she's 100x more likable than Brie
A cinderblock is 100% more likeable than Brie.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
What happened to 1h episodes for the last 3? Down to the last 2 now?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh, also, fuck them for doing an after credits sequence. Only reason I knew was this thread, because they've had 15 minutes of credits at the end to piss me off, and now after conditioning me to just give up, add one in? These people are assholes.

• 6Like
  • 5Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 11 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
Question, I haven't watched any of it yet. Plan on watching once I can get it (off a boat... wink wink) all and binge.

My understanding was that the barrier itself was impenetrable at first, apparently beekeeper dude leveraged the sewers to go "under" it. But Monica Rambeau is able to push through it.

To me this would say she already had latent powers, making her resistant/immune to the force shell keeping everybody else out. Maybe going through it and then being pushed back out "woke up" the power, like a mutant manifesting.

How horribly wrong am I?
The barrier was actually easy to get through at first, the beekeeper went in the sewers on the off chance it didnt go underground but it did. He pushed through it no problem though. The barrier didnt become reinforced until episode 5 or 6. Im of the opinion that the reason she got her powers was because she already had the DNA code for it. And with being snapped and then the high dose of energy from 3x in the shield it mutated her DNA so she got powers. I think most people it would not have affected in that way.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Yeah that tracks. Monica has been to space, she's been blipped, as a kid she was exposed to Space stone energy as a kid and then exposed to Mind stone energy plus magic with the barrier. Remember also that lots of test subjects were exposed to the Mind stone but it only really worked on Pietro and Wanda so there's precedent for it awakening latent mutant powers.

Also lets take a moment to point out what a damn treasure Kathryn Hahn is. She did the 'nosey next door neighbor' to perfection throughout all the genres and camped it up with the song but was also genuinely menacing with the more serious part of the reveal.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
Yeah that tracks. Monica has been to space, she's been blipped, as a kid she was exposed to Space stone energy as a kid and then exposed to Mind stone energy plus magic with the barrier. Remember also that lots of test subjects were exposed to the Mind stone but it only really worked on Pietro and Wanda so there's precedent for it awakening latent mutant powers.

Also lets take a moment to point out what a damn treasure Kathryn Hahn is. She did the 'nosey next door neighbor' to perfection throughout all the genres and camped it up with the song but was also genuinely menacing with the more serious part of the reveal.
That song has been stuck in my head all day
Love the Munsters vibe.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Oh, also, fuck them for doing an after credits sequence. Only reason I knew was this thread, because they've had 15 minutes of credits at the end to piss me off, and now after conditioning me to just give up, add one in? These people are assholes.
Glad you posted that. Didnt know there was after credits scenes. At least it wasnt anything important.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Glad you posted that. Didnt know there was after credits scenes. At least it wasnt anything important.
its actually a mid credits scene i checked for after credits too. nothing. i always check for that stuff because i still cant believe how long the credits are for a 30 minute episode. i guess they used a full movie crew and production to make this so they use movie length credits.

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
Do you guys think they might be doing a meta sort of thing where people inside the hex are compelling characters and great actors and the people outside the hex are dogshit characters and terrible actors?

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users