WandaVision

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
have they explained why the episodes are only 20 minutes long? is that part of the sitcom thing and it gets longer as they go?
Emergency Awesome guy claims they get longer than the first but not significantly longer and after the first 3-4 they should be less of a homage to TV sitcoms through the decades. /shrug

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Ok, that was weird.

Hopefully the plot star moving along soon because I don’t think I’ll enjoy 9 episodes of this. I understand what they are trying to set up, but it better not drag on too much. Depending where they go with it, it could end up being cool and the first 2 episodes make more sense and get better as a part of a whole than stand alone, I guess we will see..

Sevens

Log Wizard
Mephisto is coming, Im now thinking he is the big bad of the show

• 3Like
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Think I'll nope out on this for a month or two and then binge them.

I won't be able to sustain interest in this drip feed approach.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
Im really enjoying this weekly approach, brings back the days of X-files and Lost when discussing the show over the week was just as fun as watching the show. Sharing things that you missed but others picked up and vice versa. With the Netflix dump its in the Zeitgeist for a week or so then gone. Also, its their way of keeping people subbed...Once this is over then Falcon and Winter Soldier kicks off, then Black widow etc etc etc. If you have a dump then someone subs a month then is gone

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i guess it depends on how slow a burn they plan on going with this. if each week is an "homage" to different decade of sitcoms, then this shit isnt worth watching every week. its also not worth watching weekly if they plan on parcelling the show out in sub 30 minute bites.

• 1Garbage

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
So far this is about as good as some random web short they might put out in between movies.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
i guess it depends on how slow a burn they plan on going with this. if each week is an "homage" to different decade of sitcoms, then this shit isnt worth watching every week. its also not worth watching weekly if they plan on parcelling the show out in sub 30 minute bites.
Yeah! Half hour weekly shows would never work!

• 1Worf

Juvarisx

Florida
This was made to be binged from the looks of it, watched the first, will wait till March 5

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
thinking about this show some more i think it most reminds me of the premise to Life On Mars, the Brit version. it even has the mysterious voices talking to him from outside. the difference though being the show was an hour long and it explained to you enough to what was happening where you can go with it and enjoy the ride.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I see this as more as you all needing instant gratification and not willing to wait for the show to evolve. There are enough hints and stuff in the show to let you know something fucky is going on. Those hints including that even people in the real world don't know what is happening.

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
After this season is over, ask yourself if you would you spend time watching the first 2 episodes when rewatching this entire season.

Its an absolute NO for me. That's how you know those episodes suck, regardless of how the rest of the season turns out.

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I mean, the first episode to any new show is meant to wow you and draw you in. The fact they had to release two episodes out the gate speaks volumes. They clearly recognised the first episode was boring dogshit.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
They simply fucking suck. Stop trying to justify it. The shows premise in the trailer is great and I will wait and watch when this shit is done.

• 1Salty
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean, the first episode to any new show is meant to wow you and draw you in. The fact they had to release two episodes out the gate speaks volumes. They clearly recognised the first episode was boring dogshit.
I liked the show fine, but I'm sure if I wasn't a comic nerd I'd have had hard time putting it all together. That said the fact that they released 2 episodes doesn't mean anything. Plenty of weekly shows drop more than 1 episode to start.

• 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
They simply fucking suck. Stop trying to justify it. The shows premise in the trailer is great and I will wait and watch when this shit is done.
Wrong, I like them quite a bit. I have fun trying to find and decode the Easter eggs.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Friend of mine is a huge Bewitched / I dream of Jeanie / TVLand type fan and I got him to watch this and he is now intrigued by the MCU when he disregard everything superhero until now.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
I want just enough handholding so that I understand what's happening, but not so much that I can't feel superior and smart with the people in my life that look at their phone half the time while watching TV

• 1Worf