WandaVision

Sevens

Log Wizard
in one anime (nadesico), a woman controls the ability for jump gates, but frozen in a computer like device, shes also eratic so the way to have her do jump gates is to load in an episode of a dating sim, she'll basically be happy and execute the program (jump gates)
What the fuck are you even talking about?

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
thats what i think is happening to wanda, shes jacked into some kind of matrix and they're just loading in sitcoms to get something from her

• 1Garbage
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
thats what i think is happening to wanda, shes jacked into some kind of matrix and they're just loading in sitcoms to get something from her
Oh okay
I think she is having a breakdown...dealing with issues she has not really dealt with (Her brothers death, Her sacrifice of Vision just to have him brought back then killed in front of her etc etc).

fris

Vyemm Raider
That's not how tv series work

The Wire is the best tv show ever by some margin and I've only watched it once.

Admittedly GOT before the final seasons killed it has incredible re watch potential

But making such a comment without the rest of the season is pretty dumb

uh hu

and yet, how many on this forum have said they've rewatched the Wire

Rick and Morty

Mandalorian final episode

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Interesting theory going around that the voice on the radio is Jimmy Woo from Ant Man 2

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
when a show or movie holds your hand throughout the whole thing, everyone gets pissed because the movie clearly thinks you're dumb. but then when a movie or show DOESN'T hold your hand, everyone gets pissy because they don't know what is going on. think about that and get back to me.

i'm enjoying the show the same way you might enjoy a murder mystery. it's not exactly "fun" because you feel off-balance while watching it. you KNOW several things are off but you just simply don't have enough information yet to figure out what's going on. whether or not you have fun with a murder mystery depends ENTIRELY on the end and whether or not things come together in a satisfying way.

as far as what's going on with wanda... i'm... not sure. we know SWORD is involved, but we don't necessarily know if the MCU version of SWORD is a copy paste from the comics version. SWORD in the comics is specifically the outer space version of SHIELD. while SHIELD deals with terrestrial problems, SWORD deals with the extra-terrestrial. so if that's the same for the MCU, then why is SWORD dealing with wanda, a terrestrial problem?

i'm wondering if SWORD will also deal not only with outer space, but also different dimensions (quantum realm, etc). it's obviously possible that wanda just shunted her brain somewhere on accident due to PTSD, but i don't know if i 100% buy into that? we are seeing parts of the show play out through vision's POV, so i'm willing to bet that he's not just a recreation of wanda's imagination. i'm thinking he's alive the same way wanda is.

my thoughts are a little scattered, clearly... i'm just thinking that something external is doing this to wanda and vision. maybe she has kids, but they aren't real. so she does a reverse M-Day and basically wishes they come back. maybe all the mutants start showing up because of something like that and wanda basically becomes the mother of mutants.

oh, and a few pages back someone mentioned speed and wiccan being the first mutants, followed by how they never said wanda and quicksilver were mutants but maybe they secretly were? officially i think they would be considered mutates, not mutants. but i think when mutates have kids, the kids are mutants. /shrug

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
SWORD was supposed to be featured in Agents of shield, i mean they have an entire season dedicated to intergalatic space, but marvel said no SWORD in AOS, most likely b/c it was already going to be used for wandavision

Cybsled

AoS finale sort of teased SWORD with Daisy/Souza in space doing missions

Interesting theory going around that the voice on the radio is Jimmy Woo from Ant Man 2

He is literally part of the cast for the show, so it was him.

• 2Like

j00t

as far as what's going on with wanda... i'm... not sure. we know SWORD is involved, but we don't necessarily know if the MCU version of SWORD is a copy paste from the comics version. SWORD in the comics is specifically the outer space version of SHIELD. while SHIELD deals with terrestrial problems, SWORD deals with the extra-terrestrial. so if that's the same for the MCU, then why is SWORD dealing with wanda, a terrestrial problem?
i just saw that in the comics SWORD stands for Sentient WORLD Observation and Response Department but in the MCU, SWORD stands for Sentient WEAPON Observation and Response Department.

sentient weapon being metahumans. that would basically change SWORD from being outer space SHIELD, to just being SHIELD for super powered beings.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Ironically, I've been rewatching Community between Mando and Wanda, and its the same scenario:
It's very difficult when a property does an homage to something, to have the fans of the property care if they arent familiar with the homage.
So when Commumity had a My Dinner with Andre homage, I recognized it, sure, but I didn't care because Andre means nothing to me.

Similarly, while many of us (though I dunno about millenials) recognize the shows involved, few of us care if the cameras and shot compositions match, we just want to get to the fireworks factory.

So yeah, when I see a character named Mr Hart, I wonder if he'll turn out to be Mephisto, but non comic readers are just thinking the Marvel shows look cheap as shit and _maybe_ wondering if those will be Kat Dennings fingers at the end of that episode.

I didnt look that closesly, but the credits for the shows dont match the credits in Wandavison itself, do they? I take it that the in-show credits are the civilians that have been dragged into this alternate reality.

j00t

I didnt look that closesly, but the credits for the shows dont match the credits in Wandavison itself, do they? I take it that the in-show credits are the civilians that have been dragged into this alternate reality.
the fake credits are easter eggs... but some of them are SUPER bizarre. like Abe Brown is a marvel character from the comics, he was actually in spider-man: homecoming so he exists in the MCU, but i'm not expecting him to show up at all. there's also Babs Digby... who... it seems is just a straight up easter egg reference to an old 50's sitcom show called Life of Riley. it has a character named Babs a character named Digby. it's a stretch, but it does make sense... i think the guy from screen crush mentioned that he had a theory that the town is called "Westview" because it is literally wanda's view of the western world as she was growing up in sokovia. he theorized that her entire view of western culture is directly from watching american sitcoms so it would make sense that some obscure character names and plot points might show up here and there

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Now that makes way more sense, and explains why someone from (fictional) Eastern Europe would be thinking in terms of decades old sitcoms - she's thinking of/in the handful of shows that would have been translated to Sokovian, which also explains why the plotlines are so hokey.

• 2Like

j00t

Now that makes way more sense, and explains why someone from (fictional) Eastern Europe would be thinking in terms of decades old sitcoms - she's thinking of/in the handful of shows that would have been translated to Sokovian, which also explains why the plotlines are so hokey.
yeah, and it definitely lends credence to wanda doing this to herself. she grew up in a trash country and idolized the white picket fences of the american dream. the people on those shows... they were afraid of not making the best impression on their boss. she grew up thinking she might die at any given point from starvation or a stray bullet.
the american dream feels safe to her.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Its extremely hard to change an accent, its almost impossible to LOSE an accent as an adult, and if your native language isn't originally a branch of a language who's accent you're trying to imitate, then it is IMPOSSIBLE. You could probably pick up a British accent as a native American, but good luck speaking Russian without an accent as an American, or vice versa.

Wanda is from an Eastern European country of Sokovia, speaking a Slavic language, that is written in Cyrillic alphabet (as you can tell by watching the signs and billboards in last act of Age of Ultron). Her speaking flawless English is nonsense.

I heard this is make-believe and not a documentary

Will watch when the whole season is out

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
have they explained why the episodes are only 20 minutes long? is that part of the sitcom thing and it gets longer as they go?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
First was 20 minutes. Second was 36. So it doesn't look like there's a set formula for the episode length. We'll see as the series progresses.

Cybsled

I read somewhere the total series is approximately 6 hours long, which is spread across 9 episodes.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
First was 20 minutes. Second was 36. So it doesn't look like there's a set formula for the episode length. We'll see as the series progresses.
the credits are obnoxiously long. the second episode was lucky if it was 25 minutes without credits.

• 2Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Watched the first 2 episodes last night.

Dog shit confirmed.

Last edited:
  • 1Edgelord
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users