WandaVision

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
" I had just got done with a meeting with a producer who told me my career was over. That it was done, and that I should pack my bags and go home. And I kind-of stood up to him and I said, 'Listen, you know, in this town actors have second and third acts, and you should mind your fucking manners.' And I walk out and then my legs give way, because I think maybe my career's over. Then I sit down on the sidewalk on Sunset and I went, 'Wow, maybe my career's over.' My phone rang; I answered it, and it was a number I didn't recognize. I went 'hello.' [He said] 'It's Joss Whedon.' I went,' Oh hi Joss.' He says, 'You want to play the Vision in The Avengers?' I went, 'Yes I do, thank you very much.' "

For some reason i read the "Oh hi Joss" in his voice.

• 3Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
tommy wiseau oh hai mark GIF by The Room

• 4Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
" I had just got done with a meeting with a producer who told me my career was over. That it was done, and that I should pack my bags and go home. And I kind-of stood up to him and I said, 'Listen, you know, in this town actors have second and third acts, and you should mind your fucking manners.' And I walk out and then my legs give way, because I think maybe my career's over. Then I sit down on the sidewalk on Sunset and I went, 'Wow, maybe my career's over.' My phone rang; I answered it, and it was a number I didn't recognize. I went 'hello.' [He said] 'It's Joss Whedon.' I went,' Oh hi Joss.' He says, 'You want to play the Vision in The Avengers?' I went, 'Yes I do, thank you very much.' "

For some reason i read the "Oh hi Joss" in his voice.
why would somebody tell him that? he has that cool english accent, not that horrible jarring kind. I'm sure Chris Chris can explain what part of England he's from, but even if his face or presence didnt sell it, his voice over work would keep him in tea and jammy dodgers for a long time.

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
why would somebody tell him that? he has that cool english accent, not that horrible jarring kind. I'm sure Chris Chris can explain what part of England he's from, but even if his face or presence didnt sell it, his voice over work would keep him in tea and jammy dodgers for a long time.
Southern accent, IDK.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
We binged through all 7 episodes over the last 3 days. Really, really enjoyed the first six. I'm a huge sucker for old sitcoms so all the early stuff worked great, and watching them back to back with no delays forgives a lot of "story going nowhere" which I imagine is a lot worse if you have to wait a week.

Still, the last episode was just confusing as hell and I didn't understand most of it until I read articles. I didn't realize Monica is suddenly a superhero, I just thought her eyes changed colors lol. I still don't get what the big deal about Agatha is, I guess its something to do with the Kree and she's a MCU villain but we just both figured Wanda put all the "evil" on her in a way to escape blame, like any 90s action TV show did - Stargate SG1, Star Trek, Buffy, etc did it over and over so it just seemed to mock that. If she really is a supervillain and in league with The Kree it sailed over our heads completely, but I assume the finale will clear all that up.

So yeah, loved 1-6 but not a fan of the last one, but I guess we'll wait and see how the finale goes. Episode 7 really leaned heavy on the "bad guy is a white man who only cares about power", "women are powerful and speak their truths to each other and can save everyone" kinda BS thats cringey. Hope they don't teeter over into The Boys s2 political posturing.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Kat Dennings sucks at acting. It's just a fact of life. Her character could maybe be better, but that's just her acting style. It's funny because her instagram and shit she seems more interesting as a person than an actor, but it's always the same schtick.

Luckily I could stare at her like a fucking painting and her curves are like something out of some Rule 34 degenerates drawing.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Kat Dennings sucks at acting. It's just a fact of life. Her character could maybe be better, but that's just her acting style. It's funny because her instagram and shit she seems more interesting as a person than an actor, but it's always the same schtick.

Luckily I could stare at her like a fucking painting and her curves are like something out of some Rule 34 degenerates drawing.
Or just go check out her gigantic tits on the fappening site. Or they might even still be loaded here in screenshots.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1I Came
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
We binged through all 7 episodes over the last 3 days. Really, really enjoyed the first six. I'm a huge sucker for old sitcoms so all the early stuff worked great, and watching them back to back with no delays forgives a lot of "story going nowhere" which I imagine is a lot worse if you have to wait a week.

Still, the last episode was just confusing as hell and I didn't understand most of it until I read articles. I didn't realize Monica is suddenly a superhero, I just thought her eyes changed colors lol. I still don't get what the big deal about Agatha is, I guess its something to do with the Kree and she's a MCU villain but we just both figured Wanda put all the "evil" on her in a way to escape blame, like any 90s action TV show did - Stargate SG1, Star Trek, Buffy, etc did it over and over so it just seemed to mock that. If she really is a supervillain and in league with The Kree it sailed over our heads completely, but I assume the finale will clear all that up.

So yeah, loved 1-6 but not a fan of the last one, but I guess we'll wait and see how the finale goes. Episode 7 really leaned heavy on the "bad guy is a white man who only cares about power", "women are powerful and speak their truths to each other and can save everyone" kinda BS thats cringey. Hope they don't teeter over into The Boys s2 political posturing.

Why do you think she has anything to do with the Kree?

The scene where Vision does his mind thing on Agnes and she begs him to help seems to hint that she's probably not actually a villain

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So I'm on episode 4 and kat dennings showed up

Is the rest of this worth suffering through her existence?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Why do you think she has anything to do with the Kree?

The scene where Vision does his mind thing on Agnes and she begs him to help seems to hint that she's probably not actually a villain
What? Watch the Agatha All Along thing again. In the bits it shows that she was playing Vision at that part.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So I'm on episode 4 and kat dennings showed up

Is the rest of this worth suffering through her existence?
The show is interesting if you can tolerate (or tune out) Dennings and Parris. The acting and writing for those two bubble heads is some hardcore cringe.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I dont mind Dennings at all, i think shes one of the better parts of this show.

I liked her character in the Thor movies as well

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 6 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I thought it was the worst episode by far. And the whole space vehicle thing was just completely retarded. It looked stupid, the scene was stupid, etc.

I'm just going to assume the rover was being turned into an asttrovan for increased lulz. I could tell it was a minivan of some sort but I don't know cars well enough to know which one.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
I'm just going to assume the rover was being turned into an asttrovan for increased lulz. I could tell it was a minivan of some sort but I don't know cars well enough to know which one.
It sounded like it had an internal combustion engine which wouldn't work too well in space (assuming that it was as called actually supposed to be usable in space).

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Jonesing
Reactions: 2 users

Bonch

Golden Knight of the Realm
I’ve been waiting all season for Ray Park to pull someone from a flaming tank like Governor Chung on Veep.
Allegedly.