War Dogs PvPvP 100 Person Tactical Shooter

Xevy

Log Wizard
9,781
4,893
Hasn't been mentioned but I'm really jonesing for another map with a different biome. Gimme dessert hills and City without a ton of brush
Was actually thinking just this. I'd love a snow map so you could see Green team.

Watching that pilot dude play with shadows off pissed me off because it's like literally cheating how much easier you can see EVERYONE with those settings. And I know that dude's running a comp similar to mine so he had to manually edit his config to hide shadows since you're not allowed to run potato mode with medium+ GPU's detected.
 

Mao

Trakanon Raider
772
1,793
Was actually thinking just this. I'd love a snow map so you could see Green team.

Watching that pilot dude play with shadows off pissed me off because it's like literally cheating how much easier you can see EVERYONE with those settings. And I know that dude's running a comp similar to mine so he had to manually edit his config to hide shadows since you're not allowed to run potato mode with medium+ GPU's detected.
New maps and more variety would be very welcome. Also bigger CZ in my opinion. They have oddly limited the ranges of weapons in weird ways.

As to settings, hate to tell you but always has been, going all the way back to Counterstrike. You want the game to look beautiful, great. But your competitive people will always tune it for the most FPS with the clearest ability to pick out enemies. You can not like it, but it is widely accepted. I hate it just cause I don't want to have to figure out all the stupid settings each time I start a new game.
 

Xevy

Log Wizard
9,781
4,893
This isn't turning down the settings. This is altering the actual .ini with settings you're not supposed to adjust to force display changes that aren't allowed. It's like people deleting foliage/trees from other games. It's as close to being an exploit as you can get. In fact, it even culls most of the grass/bushes so if you ever get spotted in a bush from giga far away it's because it's not a bush for the guy that shot you.

Learned smoke grenades are client side as well. That's 100% exploitable once they figure out how to modify the local particle density because they didn't go for the server-side JPEG method like CS/Valorant use. It already occurs sometimes that smokes are there for some people and not for others and nearly always not 100% in the exact spot.