War with Syria

Fadaar

That guy
From a purely selfish standpoint I say send the fuckin' F-22's in. Let them get their feet wet. Don't even care if we know about it or not, though it'd be easy enough to figure out.

iannis

Musty Nester
Sooo...a BBC news crew witnesses this jet flying by numerous times, and there's no footage of it dropping the bomb? Can someone pull out a smart phone? I can understand maybe they're numb to jets flying overhead, so how about footage of the school burning? No? Just burn victims? Okay then.
To be fair on this point I would think that if some authority has officially allowed them into the country and the area (they're not just out there cow boying it up on their own) the authority that admitted them probably would confiscate everything except their pre-approved camera. I might be wrong about that but it seems like it would be a fairly obvious thing to do if you were going to take responsibility for them being there in the first place. Whoever is permitting them and at least nominally protecting them is looking for a propaganda piece, not accidental footage of "oopsie, we just gunned down some children. War is hell. You just have to lead them more".

Problem is that even if the allegation is true, I don't see how that is our problem.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Sooo...a BBC news crew witnesses this jet flying by numerous times, and there's no footage of it dropping the bomb? Can someone pull out a smart phone? I can understand maybe they're numb to jets flying overhead, so how about footage of the school burning? No? Just burn victims? Okay then.
napalm isn't a WMD and America has used it so many times we'd be huge hypocrits to say others couldn't.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
From a purely selfish standpoint I say send the fuckin' F-22's in. Let them get their feet wet. Don't even care if we know about it or not, though it'd be easy enough to figure out.
Yes, let's just bomb the shit out of a civilian population because that would get our feet wet.

Can I use you and your family for target practice to zero in my rifles?

napalm isn't a WMD and America has used it so many times we'd be huge hypocrits to say others couldn't.
id rather be a hypocrit than allow this to happen again

TrangBang.jpg

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If all these other countries are so passionate about not letting Syria "get away with what they did" then what are they doing about it?

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
id rather be a hypocrit than allow this to happen again
that's really silly, first of all the south vietnamese accidently napalmed their own population and second america was complicent with it and used NAPALM and SARIN GAS during vietnam along with AGENT ORANGE.

that same government you expect to police the situation like humanitarians somehow is a complete and utter joke, I actually think honestly we aim to maim and destroy countries infrastructure to destabilize them, we will cause untold suffering in the name of "humanitarianism". and if you think i'm a nut for even entertaining that thought, go look up the targets of most of our "targetted missle strikes" in kosovo and iraq, we do things like bomb hospitals and medicine factories. We aren't the "good guys"

that's really silly, first of all the south vietnamese accidently napalmed their own population and second america was complicent with it and USED napalm AND SARIN GAS during vietnam along with agent orange.

that same government you expect to police the situation like humanitarians somehow is a complete and utter joke, we'll kill far more people than would be "saved" whatever that means.
that's the most backwards line of thinking i can imagine. So because we made a mistake in the past, a humanitarian mistake, we should allow others to make the same mistake?

iannis

Musty Nester
It seems to me that agent orangeisa chemical weapon. All the fucked up second generation birth defects it caused and all the first generation cancer. It's not like they didn't know exposure would be harmful. The shit was designed specifically to be harmful.

It's a poor sort of law that no one is willing to enforce unless it's convenient. It's a worse sort of law that the relevant majority will actually obstruct the enforcement of.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
that's the most backwards line of thinking i can imagine. So because we made a mistake in the past, a humanitarian mistake, we should allow others to make the same mistake?
I don't think "humanitarianism" has anything to do with what countries use its war machine for. I think using "humanitarianism" as a justification for war is dishonest. it's about protecting economic systems and killing the other guys infrastructure and people, even civilians to harm other nations ability to compete economically/politically.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Here is the map Kerry referenced that says shows areas around Damascus that were bombed on August 21st

fbucaB9.jpg

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
Just spitballing here, but what if this drum up to stikes/war/etc is a bluff to be used later, after letting Syria descend into madness, for striking against Iran.

"See guys, we removed Qaddafi, Mubarak and Saddam, but you wouldn't let us remove Assad. Well, he turned the country into a meat grinder because we didn't help. Now, we face (XYZ reason) for striking Iran. Don't let what happened to Syria happen to Iran."

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
i hope someone drops agent orange on this board. too many retards

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Yes, let's just bomb the shit out of a civilian population because that would get our feet wet.

Can I use you and your family for target practice to zero in my rifles?
I'm skeptical you could zero in on anything other than another cupcake.