War with Syria

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
fuck it I knew I shouldn't have accepted eyashusas complicated bullshit bet
If Senate votes yes and House votes no, AND Boehner doesn't publicly support a strike, you will win.

but if the voting happens the same as above and Boehner publicly supports a strike, then you'll lose. Actually I may have said Boehner AND McConnell have to publicly support the strike regardless of how the house votes. Fuck I can't even remember and I've only had 4 beers tonight.

I think the odds are in your favor but I believe in what I said. I don't think Obama would have done what he did today if he hadn't already privately gotten leadership support.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
If there's anything that can get bipartisan support in Congress, its another war for oil and Israel in the Middle East.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_Resolution

rrr_img_42108.jpg
This x 1000

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
If Senate votes yes and House votes no, AND Boehner doesn't publicly support a strike, you will win.

but if the voting happens the same as above and Boehner publicly supports a strike, then you'll lose. Actually I may have said Boehner AND McConnell have to publicly support the strike regardless of how the house votes. Fuck I can't even remember and I've only had 4 beers tonight.

I think the odds are in your favor but I believe in what I said. I don't think Obama would have done what he did today if he hadn't already privately gotten leadership support.
To many pages, can someone re quote the bet/acceptance in one post?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Speaker Boehner isn't the House Majority Leader, Eric Cantor is.

This is what you get for having overly complicated voting!!

tad10

Elisha Dushku
To many pages, can someone re quote the bet/acceptance in one post?
The Tuco/Eya bet is that one of the four things won't happen:

1. Senate votes yes.
2. House votes no.
3. Leaders support
4. Strike before 2014.

I think Tuco wins on 2. I think the house will vote yes.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I am curious to see how this plays out. I would bet on we hit them before September's end regardless of any position, but I would never bet on peoples death.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
You really think the Dems are going to vote against bombing, when such a vote can only be seen as weakening Obama?
If the Democrats in Congress gave a fuck about how their actions impacted Obama, we would have single payer health care right now and student loans would be a thing of the past. They just don't give a fuck. Obama be all like "Why don't you guys jsut do what our platform says?" And Congressional Democrats look right into his optical sockets and say

biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Speaker Boehner isn't the House Majority Leader, Eric Cantor is.

This is what you get for having overly complicated voting!!
shit you're right. I meant Boehner as leadership. Cantor is a little shit and doesn't count in my mind. but Ill do whatever

iannis

Musty Nester
Obama has no international support. None. This is even counting the nations who are willing to offer covert encouragement and nothing of tangible value. His domestic support, such as it is, is weak. That support primarily comes from John McCain and career hawks employed directly by defense contractors.

Cheney had been Defense Sec, an accomplished one, and he was selling a war. He knew who to cut in and at exactly which rates. Obama is trying to sell a glorified finger wagging over an unproven transgression and he knows (he said it in his own speech) that no one is going to buy it.

I don't see why Congresswouldvote for this, beyond the ones that are bought and paid for with defense contracts or the senile fucking cowboys like McCain has become. True, that's a significant minority -- but that still doesn't make a majority.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Instead of voting to allow him to strike Syria congress will instead use the day to vote for the 41st time (or some number close to that) to try and appeal Obamacare.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Hi, I am Barack Hussein Obama. I taught constitutional law.
You know he's correct, right? And there's something very peaceful about saying, "I think this is right. I know I have the legal authority to do this. But I want everyone to vote before I do this."

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I love Mr Raughs so much. He looks like he's enjoying a nice hearty raugh. Deeply satisfying.