War with Syria

Want to avoid wars? Draft the rich. Soon as their children are dying for their coffers to fill shit might end.

The president doesn't want to be seen bowing down to Russia. The more they ramp up the threats the worse for us.
just an update for you, we haven't had a draft since Vietnam. The people fighting for us didn't want to shovel shit for a living is all.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
PETERSBURG, Russia - White House: Obama met privately with Russian President Vladimir Putin. Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.

Legaeveth

Silver Knight of the Realm
The rich have never served in the military in any frontline units. In the civil war the rich bought their ranks, most ended up as Majors and Colonols. The ones who do get drafted end up so far from the frontline units they are used as entertainment packages for the real troops.

The rich will never spill blood for this country or any other.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Being for the draft is silly.
I really don't think it is. It was so easy for everyone to support the Iraq war because there was little investment beyond the cost of the magnetic yellow ribbon bumper sticker. Most of America didn't have to makeanysacrifice. But it was easy to ignore the glaring holes in the "evidence", to call into question people's patriotism for questioning the war, etc. Only to years later flip the switch as if that undoes the damage. Hundreds of thousands of people are dead, a country wrecked, the debt exploded, I mean what the fuck.

If it was me, I would do something like we have talked about before here. Mandatory civil/military service upon graduation of high school with some sort of gi bill to put people through college/vocational school after if they chose to leave service. I don't know how else you invest people in the decisions of this country without making them party to the actions as well.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I really don't think it is. It was so easy for everyone to support the Iraq war because there was little investment beyond the cost of the magnetic yellow ribbon bumper sticker. Most of America didn't have to makeanysacrifice. But it was easy to ignore the glaring holes in the "evidence", to call into question people's patriotism for questioning the war, etc. Only to years later flip the switch as if that undoes the damage. Hundreds of thousands of people are dead, a country wrecked, the debt exploded, I mean what the fuck.

If it was me, I would do something like we have talked about before here. Mandatory civil/military service upon graduation of high school with some sort of gi bill to put people through college/vocational school after if they chose to leave service. I don't know how else you invest people in the decisions of this country without making them party to the actions as well.
The big reason I don't support that is because it would dramatically increase the federal budget cost.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
The big reason I don't support that is because it would dramatically increase the federal budget cost.
Hey Republicans are always talking about how putting people to work will boost the economy and raise revenues. Put that shit to the test.

Some things I am willing to spend the money for, though. I'd rather pay for the world's largest OJT program than pay for another 10 years of whack-a-terrorist in the desert.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
That statement is as capitalist as it is Marxist.
That statement was ahistorical and followed a Marxist (and thus incorrect) view of history. There have been lots of rich people who have died for their country. To give but one example, the American Revolution was populated by rich people.

This is not to say that the Rockerfellers wouldn't buy one of their clan out of a war. But that's a broad and heavy brush Legaveth was using there.

/aside

I can't think of anything that's been worse for American Universities in the last fifty years than the takeover of the average history department by Marxists. There's nothing more clueless being produced by the Academy these days than a PhD in History.

Agree with Chaos on mandatory post high school civil/military service.
our entire educational system is so fucked. realistically ages 14-20 ought to be picking shit up off the highway like the bunch of fucking retards they are.

finish secondary and beyond education starting at age 20.

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
Holy fuck, Israel was right. Free post highschool education, non retarded world view, the list goes on and on for how much sense this makes. It makes all the sense. Everyone leaves with some sort of trade skill. No one would be worthless.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
It's Friday, we haven't struck Syria yet and Tad10 doesn't have a new avatar, much less a K&P avatar.

Q7ktSAi.gif

Tuco doesn't follow through on his promises - give Tuco negs to offset this injustice.