WarCraft (2016)

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I thought Starship Troopers was the starcraft movie. I never saw the sequel, but I assumed the protoss eventually showed up.

Sulrn

Deuces
I'm pretty sure someone at Bungie was watching Roughnecks when they started the Halo franchise, to the point I'm pretty sure the character design / warthog is an homage to the show.

Second the idea that after the original movie you should ignore the sequels and go to the cartoon.

Siliconemelons

I thought the CGI Troopers movie was actually good, better than 2 and 3 was just... odd? but at least 3 advanced the plot.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I assumed this movie was going to be shit and wrote it off completely in my mind, but the trailer actually looked great in the theater.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
New TV spot released today. Sorry, my embed skill is not maxed yet.

https://youtu.be/pvlGM6ikW0U

Looks much better in my opinion, the CGI has definitely improved, but may still be improved a little before release, especially how lighting appears sometimes different on CGI characters and human characters.. The dwarf looks a little plasticy and a few Orcs here and there as well but this definitely gave more of a Warcraft vibe, especially the intro.

I see people complaining about how Garona looks weird because she doesn't look like other female Orcs in the movie, but they probably don't realize or remember that she's half Orc half Draenei and is supposed to look different (may be too human in the movie though, we'll see how they handled the hooves, I expect her not to have them at all).

I liked the Knee Slide Castration move at the end, I kinda want that as a talent for my warrior now.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
but they probably don't realize or remember that she's half Orc half Draenei
lol, all this time I'd thought she was half-human, which I always thought didn't seem possible considering her age and how long the dark portal had been open.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I still feel this movie is way too late.
In 2005, everybody played even people you didn't know played games at all. It would have killed. Now? Nobody cares.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I still feel this movie is way too late.
In 2005, everybody played even people you didn't know played games at all. It would have killed. Now? Nobody cares.
I'd argue that there is something refreshing for the masses in seeing a medieval fantasy movie in this era of constant super hero movies. Back in 2005, Warcraft movie would have been on the tail of Lord of the Rings (and paled immensely in comparison after the acclaimed ROTK), and there was also those Narnia movies and a few other medieval fantasy franchises.

Now, this is pretty much the only one coming this year except maybe Snow White and the Huntsman sequel, and there is still a pretty massive fanbase for Warcraft (not necessarily people who play WoW).

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Grew up on WC, in all it's forms. But, as far as a movie is concerned, it still irks me that a human would stand even the slightest chance in a fight against an Orc and for the common person (IE, not a WC fan) it would make even less sense.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Blizzard saw the upcoming ghostbusters reboot, said "hell, our IP ain't that old and we can do better", boom Thrall's your uncle.