Warframe

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've seen people use Primed Pistol Ammo Mutation with Akstiletto Prime before, but Soma Prime and a non-Primed Rifle one seems a bit iffy. Especially when Carrier and Ammo Case exist. Soma is really hungry for forma (like... 4 or so) and there's only 8 slots to put like 10+ things you'd really like to have in it.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finished TWW today and got a Riven Rifle mod, but OF COURSE it requires me to get 10 kill shots on Sentients in one day to unlock it. I don't have any max'd weapons, with max'd / exotic mods that can do enough dmg to kill them before they become immune to those dmg types. So I'm going to lvl up my Excalibur Prime and Tigris Prime in hopes that combo has enough power to knock them out.

Will all Riven mods require some unlock?

Looked through the relics to see what Primes I could make, that I would play. I was wrong before, but I can make a Soma Prime! I could make a Carrier Prime, but pretty low chance of getting the Cerebrum. Loki and Ember Primes are long gone, sadly.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
All Rivens require an unlock, and they vary, wildly. I got a Rifle riven today that was open two sabotage caches without failing the mission -- super easy. Yesterdays shotgun mod was KBs on Sentients, pretty easy.

I read something about the Operator Void Dash resets the damage types on a Sentient, never tested it though. You will still do damage to a Sentient that's got the resistances.. it just takes a little longer.

Soma Prime is a bullet hose, I stopped using Soma and Boltor when I got Quanta, and then stopped using that when I got Tigris/Hek.

Vorph

Pretty sure Vomvalysts in PoE are sentients btw so that should be just about the easiest riven unlock of all (and yeah, they all have some kind of unlock gimmick).

Also, wow, I had no idea Loki Prime was worth as much as Ember Prime.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tigris is pretty good, but tap/tap reload, tap/tap reload gets old. I loved my Hek, but I'd really need to get the Vaykor(?) Hek since it has 8 shots.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Vaykor Hek is without a doubt the best gun I've used. Just finished up getting Octavia, soloing ODS to 20 minutes with Ember. Good times.

Last edited:

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
OK, looks like I can confirm that the Void Dash does indeed reset the resistances of something. Just had Shadow Stalker show up during a credit farm, so I only had one decent weapon on me, the Vaykor Hek. Got him down to about 33% with my opening salvo and fucked around trying to light him on fire with Ember, didn't work. Got out the Operator, Dashed into him and his resistances vanished instantly. I'm willing to bet Sentients work the same way.

He dropped my 257th Dread BP. le sigh.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty sure Vomvalysts in PoE are sentients btw so that should be just about the easiest riven unlock of all (and yeah, they all have some kind of unlock gimmick).

Also, wow, I had no idea Loki Prime was worth as much as Ember Prime.

Nope, killed quite a few, no credit.

OK, looks like I can confirm that the Void Dash does indeed reset the resistances of something. Just had Shadow Stalker show up during a credit farm, so I only had one decent weapon on me, the Vaykor Hek. Got him down to about 33% with my opening salvo and fucked around trying to light him on fire with Ember, didn't work. Got out the Operator, Dashed into him and his resistances vanished instantly. I'm willing to bet Sentients work the same way.

He dropped my 257th Dread BP. le sigh.

I can confirm, the Dash will reset the immunities on Sentients, helps a lot with killing them if you have weaker weapons.

Vorph

Nope, killed quite a few, no credit.
Must have just gotten hotfixed today then, even the wiki still says it works.

When I killed the ones on Lua, I hit them with my strongest weapon until they'd go immune(ish) and then finish them off with the operator beam. That was before PoE though, not sure how effective the new amp is against them.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I ended up using Excalibur, and I didn't know whether I had to get the kill with a Rifle or not, so I just killed them with my Braton Prime after getting them low with Excal's #4 and resetting their immunities. The Riven mod unlocked into a rather meh mod, like +10% elec/heat, +5% vs. corpus and -10% vs. infested. Plus I need MR14 to use it, hah. Now I need to farm up 3 pieces of Tellurium to craft the Astilla.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Whats up with relics? I ran a few Meso and Lith fissures tonight hoping to get the Carrier Prime drops (common ones), and each time, there was only 1 or 2 items I could pick there were on the list of possible items you could see when looking at the relic. Is that normal?

Example:
Meso V1 shows these items:
Burston Prime BP
Carrier Prime BP
Spira Prime BP
Braton Prime BP
Forma
Vectis Prime Rec

I ran 3 of those, not a single BP showed up the list of items to pick at the end, I took a Forma and a Vectic P Reciever, the other run only had random stuff NOT on the list.

Vorph

Each person in the group gets one item from their relic at the end, and you can pick from anybody's. Forma is a 11% drop and Vectis P Receiver is 2% from Meso V1 (unrefined), so you got lucky. The receiver is worth more than a full Carrier Prime set btw.

Also, if anyone's struggling with PoE bounties, try Zephyr. Even the top tier one is super easy with her. I built her strictly for duration and a little extra range and use Sybaris Prime (viral) and Akstiletto Prime (corrosive/cold) for weapons. Enemy Sense and/or Radar are my new favorite mods for PoE too; Animal Instinct alone is nowhere near long enough range.

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ooh, so I get 1 item from MY list, while the other 3 choices are from the other players. Kinda cool.

sukik

Can't fathom why you'd ever use an ammo mutation though.
I just got Soma prime from the twitch prime promo and I'm early enough in progression I don't have access to a lot of good mods(I just finished second dream last night). The mutations looked like something I could farm myself. Maybe I'm missing some easy to get ones. I'll post the ones I'm using in case I'm missing something easy to get. I just noticed I have an quanta in my blueprints so I'll build that when I get the fieldiron.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Having good mods isn't really the issue, it's having the mod capacity to utilise all the mods. This is why potatos (orokin catalyst/reactor) are awesome and when you find a good weapon you like you can forma it to add polarities reducing the cost of the mod when it's installed.

Even with just Serration and Split Chamber maxed, Soma P does some work. It's incredibly ammo inefficient though, as you'll discover when you start pushing higher and longer in things like T4 survivals.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not a bad week so far, got Saryn Prime, Nyx Prime, and Ash Prime. Still really undecided on what Primary I want to build up, need 2 more Tellerium to build Astilla (seems super rare). Dumped 3 Forma into my Braton Prime, not sure how to mod beyond using the really basic stuff (don't have the really good mods yet). What elements are good vs. Grineer? I have Magnetic on my Akstilleto and it wrecks Corpus, for Infested I usually just melee them with Gallatine Prime.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Not a bad week so far, got Saryn Prime, Nyx Prime, and Ash Prime. Still really undecided on what Primary I want to build up, need 2 more Tellerium to build Astilla (seems super rare). Dumped 3 Forma into my Braton Prime, not sure how to mod beyond using the really basic stuff (don't have the really good mods yet). What elements are good vs. Grineer? I have Magnetic on my Akstilleto and it wrecks Corpus, for Infested I usually just melee them with Gallatine Prime.
Corrosive is the king for the most part, viral is good vs Infested and magnetic vs Corpus, but there are exceptions vs high rank enemies etc. It boils down to building corrosive if you can.

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was using faction specific stuff for a while, then switched to corr+blast only as I was getting stronger weapons it didn't matter much and that was a good enough universal combo, and then finally switched to rad/viral as it helps with higher level stuff (whatever survives tigris blasts will almost always be affected by radiation cc); the rest is mostly aoe fodder for Ember. I still switch to magnetic for sorties with buffed shields.

Braton prime ><. It's an OK weapon but there are better candidates for potato/forma these days (especially 3 forma). But, I guess, you have to start with something...

Vorph

Corrosive is king for fast-firing low-damage medium-to-high status weapons. Viral is better for slow-firing high-damage or fast-firing low-status weapons. Blast is almost always bad because the knockdown makes you stop landing headshots, so I tend to only mod for corr+cold. Maybe corr+heat if it's a secondary and I feel I must use Primed Heated Charge. Viral doesn't have that downside because viral+radiation is never bad, unless you just don't want to use 4 slots on elemental mods. The big difference is that you need several corrosive procs to strip armor off while it only takes one viral to do its job. 4xCP groups change that though, of course.

And speaking of PHC, I'm starting to think DE intentionally puts the worst possible shit on Baro every time I come back to the game. I put off buying any primed mods until today thinking he'd have 1 or 2 of the ones I don't have, so I can avoid paying a million credits tax on each of them on top of the 2 million credit cost to max them. Nope, he brings one of the paltry three I have already and the hours I spent farming up 1k+ ducats worth of stuff this week were all wasted.

So uhhh, who's up for some medium or hard index matches after I get a credit booster going?

Last edited: