Warframe

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Never thought I'd be glad Baro brought a big pile of shit, but thankfully there's nothing to tear me away from MH:W.

Edit: That said, if you don't already own a Prisma Grikata, it's a must-buy. 7 forma and a good riven on mine, no regrets at all. I still think it's easily better than any of the recent primaries added to the game.

Last edited:

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is my first Baros, grabbed the grakata and Inaros quest. Right now I'm in love with my Opticor though, the damage is monstrous.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I thought about digging as deep as i can to try to get the grakata, but then i saw the baro bot thinks that the next 2 sets of baro are going to have half of the best primed mods in the game so i think ill save it for now.. As much as I'd like the prisma grakata i am quite happy with my soma P and akstiletto P

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, I'm at like 2400 ducats right now. Part of that is that we're going to Disneyland that weekend and I'll be back late Saturday.

Anyway, there's a bug right now with Loki (saw on reddit) where if your Loki is invis, but you're in operator mode while it runs out, it gives you perma-invis.

I went ahead and farmed the shit out of some spy missions to finish Ivara. Ended up doing 23 for the neuroptics and blueprint, and another 18 for the chassis (had systems already). It seemed like a lot at the time, but I guess 41 runs isn't that bad all things considered. Down to only 5 more base frames to go (Ash, Atlas, Chroma, Harrow, and Nidus). Ash I think I just need 1 more, Chroma I've been missing the Saryn systems forever, and Atlas/Harrow/Nidus I haven't started.

Not sure if anyone else has any use for exploiting perma invis, but it was nice. Not a HUGE deal, but it helps not having to care.

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Tigris/Akstiletto Prime unaffected, good. I guess they are scared shitless to even touch them. Nice change for Tigris Sancti, 100% status finally possible? If so, it's an even more viable alternative to Tigris Prime.
Furis buffed, Vectis Prime buffed, Tonkor still RIP.
Overall, good stuff.

Vorph

Prisma Grakata is getting a large damage buff, lol. It was already my favorite primary (with a good riven) by a mile.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I finally got my Akstilleto Prime finished, and holy fuck that thing melts for a secondary. Big fan. Was mid-way through leveling it (had already potato'd), and did the 40-60 Bounty and was able to hold my own with it as my only weapon, although I did run into ammo issues.

I think my setup for 90% of scenarios will likely end up being Tigris Prime, Akstilleto Prime, Atterax (had been Twin Grikatas).

Actually, if I'm being honest, I don't know that I really would end up using anything besides those. They work immensely well for sorties, and that seems to be the highest level content I'll likely ever do. It's mostly an issue of changing out frame depending on mission type for me.

Vorph

I find Tigris P to be massive overkill for anything lower than sortie 3, a good rifle or even a Vay Hek gets the job done just as well and you don't spend half the mission reloading.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
worst baro i've ever seen. farmable mods (fire/status), cosmetics and prisma skana.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, what a bummer. I spent a lot of time over the last two weeks farming ducats because this was supposed to be like 4 awesome prime mods and some other stuff. Instead I'll end up just buying some cosmetics and a single mastery fodder.

Does prime junk generally sell better when Baro has better stuff, or is it pretty independent?

Vorph

Baro prediction is completely broken since they started a whole new cycle in order to get pc and console synced up.

Prime junk is pretty consistent overall in my experience. Vaulting is about the only thing that changes prices.

Caliane

I gave this a shot the other day. I didn't know it was ftp. or much about it in the past really. heard about it. but saw a vid talking about it.
no work, so played it pretty silly the last few days.

I found it to be a bit of a mixed bag. Great base game. amazing art design. Heavymetal/euro/mobius style sci-fi captured in a game. amazing. Better then destiny in about every way...

I had a few problems, though.
shitty f2p design. Just everywhere... Pick a warframe, pick a primary, secondary, melee weapon, in the tutorial. as a noob, you are just picking this shit at random, based on a name mostly. weapons at least you can try, and swap to the others. But after the tutorial, you can't just buy/try the others. weapons are fairly cheap at least, at 15,000 credits. but worse, they use up a weapon slot. the other warframes, have to be fully unlocked like any other warframe.. that is ridiculous.
The weapon, wing, warframe slots. 34 warframes. 2 slots. ffs? like 300 weapons, and 9 weapon slots.. holy shit this is retarded. This is like if dota or LoL, had champion slots you had to buy.
Its not as if the game isn't littered with cosmetics, and other avenues for plat, or direct cash purchases.
the cash shop was the second quest...
Hiding shit in the marketplace. things like the codex scanner, credit based purchases, etc.

I see people saying you can trade for plat with players. but I have doubts, how I a new player, can have access to things people want. would know the value of said things, have access or understanding of the trading system... etc. I did a few of those void runs, cause you needed them for mars relay. seriously, no clue what the rewards were really. the game is shit at telling you things like that. I may have passed on a super rare/valuable drop, because I dont know what anything is.
I used my starter plat to buy 1 warframe slot, and 2 weapon slots. And, I suppose I can sell the starter weapons I bought, and leveled, but dont like anyway. But I did already run out of weapon slots. I was having fun, till I did that. and, then was really turned off by it.

I got a bit sidetracked in Cestus, and plains. (before the event ended) And largely confused by the leveling system.
What even do the 1-60 rankings represent? the player has 1-30 mastery, the warframes/weapons 1-30 right? I failed a few capture missions, where I couldnt even touch the dude. did so little dps, they just ran away. their level 15, my warframe level 20 or so. ended up just joining pugs, where everyone else is in endgame gear, and everything was dying instantly.. mostly just following around, as they ran 100mph, and picking up their loot.. I had turned off matchmaking initially because that was also happening in normal missions. the level 1-5 earth missions, and I was getting people much much, higher, just running to the objective, skipping trash, and getting to the extraction, while I was still like 50ft from the start.. by the end of Earth, and onto mercury, that hasnt been nearly as bad. a few equal level players have shown up, and less blitz type high levels, as well as I keep up better.

Super frustrated with the slot limits atm. (build timers are a bit silly as well.)

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's definitely terrible about explaining anything. I suggest watching a few of the iFlynn videos.

For Cetus, lots of people (veteran's especially) have complained about shoving it on Earth. It's supposed to be end game content and there's no reason to throw new players into it. It's also ridiculously confusing as to what you're supposed to be doing there, even if you've finished the star chart.

For rankings, I'm not sure what 1-60 you're talking about. But all weapons, warframes, sentinels (including pets), and archwings can be leveled to 30. What that means is you've "mastered" it. All leveling (even if not mastered) counts towards your player level; with higher levels requiring more exp per level (current "max" is 25). You can reaquire almost every item again (there are a few that you can't due to quests or because they were only available at certain times). That's not to say you should just sell them all, but your newbie gear you absolutely can. Just don't sell the warframes.

Primed gear is better versions of the base ones. You get them from relics. This is the stuff you will sell for plat. Gold stuff is worth more (rare), silver less so (uncommon), and then the bronze colored ones are generally "junk."

That said, mods are the life of the game. To do more damage and get better survivability, you need mods.

Finally, I'll say that learning to skip the trash is a lot of the game. Seriously, fighting every mob is a gigantic waste of time. Learn to bullet jump, double jump, slide, and roll. Eventually you'll get a rhythm about it. There's a decent iFlynn video about this, but it really takes practice.

The learning curve is huge. There are 5 years of systems in place that you're trying to get caught up on. But the game is awesome. I'm 300 hours in now after picking it up shortly after Destiny 2.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

It's definitely terrible about explaining anything. I suggest watching a few of the iFlynn videos.

For Cetus, lots of people (veteran's especially) have complained about shoving it on Earth. It's supposed to be end game content and there's no reason to throw new players into it. It's also ridiculously confusing as to what you're supposed to be doing there, even if you've finished the star chart.

For rankings, I'm not sure what 1-60 you're talking about. But all weapons, warframes, sentinels (including pets), and archwings can be leveled to 30. What that means is you've "mastered" it. All leveling (even if not mastered) counts towards your player level; with higher levels requiring more exp per level (current "max" is 25). You can reaquire almost every item again (there are a few that you can't due to quests or because they were only available at certain times). That's not to say you should just sell them all, but your newbie gear you absolutely can. Just don't sell the warframes.

Primed gear is better versions of the base ones. You get them from relics. This is the stuff you will sell for plat. Gold stuff is worth more (rare), silver less so (uncommon), and then the bronze colored ones are generally "junk."

That said, mods are the life of the game. To do more damage and get better survivability, you need mods.

Finally, I'll say that learning to skip the trash is a lot of the game. Seriously, fighting every mob is a gigantic waste of time. Learn to bullet jump, double jump, slide, and roll. Eventually you'll get a rhythm about it. There's a decent iFlynn video about this, but it really takes practice.

The learning curve is huge. There are 5 years of systems in place that you're trying to get caught up on. But the game is awesome. I'm 300 hours in now after picking it up shortly after Destiny 2.

Bounty
The cestus board lists levels "1-60". which is what I was refering to. wtf is it even talking about? What do those levels even correspond to?
same with planets I suppose. earth is like 1-8. mars is 11-15 or something... but, Im rank 3 now, and have warframe at rank 30. What is the relationship between those "levels" and player rank?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh, those are mob levels. I honestly don't know a good way to explain how those work, because I don't quite understand myself.

You'd think it'd correspond to weapon or warframe levels, but they don't. I'd just say that 1-20 is stuff you can kill as a newbie, 20-40 is more mid-level, and 40-60 is the highest you'll generally see in the star chart. 60+ is all the weird shit you generally won't see outside raids (I think maybe sortie 3 is 60-80?).

I would completely avoid bounties for now. As much as it'd be nice to grab some of the unvaulted relics, until you have a better understanding of the game it's probably not worthwhile. I missed Sayrn Prime because of this, but it's not a huge deal. They'll come back around eventually.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Caliane Caliane The game is the prime example of design by accretion, they keep introducing new systems, half polishing them and never using them ever again. If you get platinum discount, don't be afraid to throw like 10$ at the game, because it allows you to buy as many slots as you want and solves most of the starting headaches. Kinda like Path of Exile and stash tabs. Plains of Eidolon were terrible at launch with bugs up the ass and had little to do with the rest of the game, it's just that the hype demanded people can go in early. I heard they improved on that, but I still think exploring the star chart is much better. More variety, clearer goals, quests and some semblance of progression instead of simply upped levels in the same scenery.