Warframe

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
If people are playing this, I got an old account (PC) as well with a shitload of stuff on it. gogusrl ingame as well.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Swear to god every time i log in there was some type of upgrade/overhaul to the game. Just noticed the map/ship are totally different now.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
go take your mastery test hatorade!
Can only do it once a day, 15 hours to go
frown.png

Friend requests accepted, also added you guys to steam.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
You can practice Mastery tests before you take them and I highly advise doing it, especially at later levels. Go to one of the Relays and take the elevator up and head into the room with Simaris. Just as you enter the room hug the right wall up the stairs and the practice nodes are there. If you already knew that, ignore me!

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How are the gamepad controls for this now? I haven't played the PC version since before the console version was released, and I assume they made some adjustments for that. It was pretty clunky and awful back then (and m/k wasn't a whole lot better). It looked a lot better than I remember in TB's video for sure.

Edit: if I decide to give it a shot again, should I start a new account? My old one has a Mag frame (rank 11), and I probably only played a dozen hours or so. If there's better choices for starting gear/frame/whatever I don't see any reason not to create a new account. This one only has like 66k credits and 6 plat on it, and I last played almost exactly 2 years ago.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
How are the gamepad controls for this now? I haven't played the PC version since before the console version was released, and I assume they made some adjustments for that. It was pretty clunky and awful back then (and m/k wasn't a whole lot better). It looked a lot better than I remember in TB's video for sure.

Edit: if I decide to give it a shot again, should I start a new account? My old one has a Mag frame (rank 11), and I probably only played a dozen hours or so. If there's better choices for starting gear/frame/whatever I don't see any reason not to create a new account. This one only has like 66k credits and 6 plat on it, and I last played almost exactly 2 years ago.
Considering what I started with you are better off with what you have unless you want to to switch to a different starting frame.

Vorph

Is there an up-to-date starter guide? I guess I'll stick with Mag, but I'm not sure if I'm playing her right. My weapons are Mk1-Paris bow, Mk1-Furis pistol, and Mk1-Bo staff.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just keep what you got. You can farm all the frames excerpt vaulted prime frames

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Very addicting game, 18 hours in three days, just got my Kubrow, not sure if better than the Shade I have yet.
pUCHC8o.jpg

Vorph

So I got the -75% off platinum thing from my daily login and I figure I might as well buy some. Anything I should get with it other than the obvious stuff, like a frame and some weapons (if I can ever figure out what I like/what is best), a Carrier, and then various slots if/when I need them?

Janx

<Silver Donator>
So I got the -75% off platinum thing from my daily login and I figure I might as well buy some. Anything I should get with it other than the obvious stuff, like a frame and some weapons (if I can ever figure out what I like/what is best), a Carrier, and then various slots if/when I need them?
Just be sure to buy stuff out of the trade channel not off the market. Find out whats some of the good mods are and buy those.

Vorph

I can't buy a complete frame or weapon from trade though, right? I was thinking I'd buy one frame (looking at Saryn and Nyx at the moment) and at least a secondary weapon off the market to dodge the material farming and several days of crafting time.

Edit: Forgot to mention, my IGN is Svieri

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I can't buy a complete frame or weapon from trade though, right? I was thinking I'd buy one frame (looking at Saryn and Nyx at the moment) and at least a secondary weapon off the market to dodge the material farming and several days of crafting time.

Yeah you'd have to make the frame/items. Might still be cheaper rushing it with plat, can't remember the cost to rush a frame piece though.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord

Dont forget you need a potato for your frame if you build it yourself (Orokin Reactor for Warframes and Orokin Catalysts for weapons) so that's a 20 plat investment or you need to make one if you have a blueprint. You can buy all the items necessary to build any frame or weapon from other players but advice is to only buy Prime frame components from other players. Regular frames are just too easy to farm up yourself to waste plat on.

Rushing Frame components was something around 15-20plat each if i recall correctly.

Vorph

I feel like I'm hitting a wall with Mag, and getting past Mars is proving to be a real bitch because of the void fissure requirement. Plus Mag is now rank 30 so it's slowing down my ability to keep ranking up daily.

Ideally I'd like to buy a strong frame that doesn't need an endgame set of mods to get me through the planets. Preferably one that is a pain in the ass to farm normally, and is actually still useful long-term. If that means buying a Prime set from someone, that's fine, but the problem isn't going to be the crafting time as much as the fact that I'm not even past Mars and almost certainly don't have the materials required to build any of the prime frames. No Neural Sensors or Control Modules, minimal Nitain Extracts, etc.

I'm not a fan of any of my guns either. I've got Braton and Boltor for primaries, and maybe they'd be ok if I actually had any Serration mods (still using damaged one because I've never seen a real one drop), but at the moment everything is a bullet sponge. My only non-MK1 secondary is a Lex pistol I decided to try, and I hate it. I don't have any Hornet Strikes either, so my pistols hit for shit as well. So basically I kill 90% of the stuff in missions with my sword, because I actually do have a max rank Pressure Point mod. What I don't have is any melee weapons that aren't max rank so again, slowing down my ability to rank up daily.

TL;DR I've got 2k platinum and I don't have a goddamn clue what I'm doing. I don't want to spend it all, or even half if I can help it for now... but any suggestions on what might make soloing my way through the planets less painful would great.