Warframe

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
The best frame for leveling / farming is Loki Prime. Having perma invisibility with energy siphon and some other mods is amazing. Also, try to get your hands on a Soma Prime as primary weapon, it's awesome.

caveat : haven't played this game in ~1.5 years but from what I noticed not much has changed regarding weapons / frames.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I like this game a lot, but whoever thought it would be a good idea to gate both exits from Mars with void fissure shit is retarded. I finally got to the point where I can kill all the shit that spawns quickly but the yellow balls drop so rarely that I end up with like 50% progress towards closing it before time runs out. Most games will at least wait until the actual endgame before trying to cockblock people who just want to solo, and not start doing it only a third or so through the progression.

Goonsquad Officer
TL;DR I've got 2k platinum and I don't have a goddamn clue what I'm doing. I don't want to spend it all, or even half if I can help it for now... but any suggestions on what might make soloing my way through the planets less painful would great.
DO you know what sort of frame/weapon style you want to use?

I haven't played in a few months, but i hop on some time to check stuff out. I can help you get through mars and /or offer advice.

as for your plat, until you know what you want to play, I would only spend plat on more weapon/frame/etc slots, and must-have mods, or rare mods from the void trader.

Vorph

99% sure I want Ivara for soloing. I don't think she's particularly viable until you can sustain energy indefinitely, and have at least a Paris Prime and preferably Rakta Cernos/Dread, however. I figured by the time I get everything else I need to use the frame properly I will have already farmed the pieces to build it myself.

I'd like a tanky frame that can just blow shit up with a good AR or shotgun (or better yet, melee) too. Valkyr sounded cool prior to the Hysteria rework/nerf, not sure now... maybe Inaros? I'd probably have to have someone carry me through the quest though, and that seems like a pain.

I have two of the three pieces of Oberon too, but if I just have to rely on RNGesus for the last one then who knows if/when I'll ever be able to complete it.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Anyone playing ?

It's PvE 4 player coop shooter, developed by Digital Extremes of Unreal Tournament fame. It IS pretty much pay to win, since you can buy almost anything but the best mods, several strongest weapons/warframes (classes), any crafting material, any other warframe, any other weapon, an item which pretty much doubles their firepower (or unlocks their "true potential"), you name it, but the game is still a lot of fun, of the dumb shooter variety.

It features some of the best and smoothest movement I have ever played, very well tuned shooting with like 150+ rifles, shotguns, pistols, swords, daggers, glaives, ... that you can and will lvl up. Over 30 Warframes, each with a bit different abilities and 4 distinct abilities randing from AoE that clears the whole room, conjured weapons, to invisibility. The maps are semi-random, you will definitely notice the repeating pieces, but they do the job and are fun to run, slide, climb and jump through, with decent supply of hidden lockers and caches. The graphics are very good even though it's also on PS4 and Xbone, the rule of cool applies to all of your equipment and you can customize your warframe and all your weapons to a ridiculous degree. The game is P2P, so from time to time you suffer from shitty host, on the other hand soloing means you play without any lag.

It also features some of the most obtuse new player experience I had to go through, with pop-ups to spend the cash currency (platinum) at every corner, half of the game mechanics go completely unexplained, UI that might be great for consoles, but sucks ass on PC. There's also Archwing, a mode where you fly, Gundam style, which features some of the worst control and handling with a lot of people getting sick since the game randomly flips you upside down, which is obviously a pet project of some head dev, so it gets showed down your throat no matter what. The story and the world read like they were written by edgy 13 year old who felt the need to rename bloody everything and is mostly told through talking heads or mysterious voices. Basically you play a remotely controlled space ninja that can switch through multiple suits and let's leave it at that.

They seem prompt about patching with an update every month or two, but the game seems to have a case of feature bloat, with many of them poorly implemented or explained.

So yeah, if anyone wants to give it a shot, there's my referal link, since you get some extra items as opposed to starting from zero.
Warframe (My ref link: Warframe: Sign Up )
Warframe on Steam

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
I tried playing it on PS4 when it launched there, and it just was the biggest pain in the dick to try and play with my friend, so I uninstalled it pretty fast. It always seemed like a fun game tho

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Well, it certainly isn't bad, but just like most big F2P (PoE, LoL) games, you can see the humble origins and a lack of polish with frenetic content updates to keep the money flowing

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
It IS pretty much pay to win, since you can buy almost anything but the best mods, several strongest weapons/warframes (classes), any crafting material, any other warframe, any other weapon, an item which pretty much doubles their firepower (or unlocks their "true potential"), you name it.

This is where I have to disagree about being pay to win. You can get every single item in the game by playing it (grinding for it), outside of the cosmetic stuff that doesn't give any bonuses at all. Platinum, the cash shop money is tradeable with players, so you can farm up items (like prime stuff or mods) to trade for plat to then spend on the cash shop for cosmetic shit, or increases to your warframe/weapon slot totals.

Potato's (catalysts and reactors) that double the capacity of weapons and warframes come up frequently on Alerts and events, and thus you don't NEED to spend money on them.

Most warframes and weapons have a gated Mastery requirement, meaning that unless you actually play the game, you can't just throw down X cash and buy your way into the current best shit from day 1. If you want everything NOW, then yes, you can pay to "win" -- but you'll still need the Mastery for a Soma, or Boltor Prime for example. Or, you can farm it up, and build it yourself in 3-4 days, 12 hours each sub component, and 3 days for a final warframe build.

Warframe has hands down the best version of a cash shop implementation I have ever seen, all you can ever really do is bypass the time gate.

I believe I'm Mastery 19, maybe 20 and run a small clan with all the latest blueprints that any member can access or start researching themselves. I don't play all that much any more, BDO is eating up way too much of my time.

My ingame handle is NightmareSabbat.

Last edited:

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I finally went and tried my first sortie, I had to do the spy one twice, solo ofc, but then it was surprisingly smooth sailing, since I got carried :D No potato blueprint tho.

I disagree about the grinding being completely viable way to go, you can't expect a new player to survive on 4 frames/10? weapons until he can start making platinum, not to mention that potatoes are very rare commodity - you get like 1 per 2 weeks in alerts and I think I saw a single forma alert in a whole month, but at least the blueprints come from relics. That's for items that are necessary to gauge how good a weapon really is. Stick a potato on a Tonkor and suddenly you one shot 10 extra waves on Akkad. I guess if you have been playing for a year or more, it's not a huge problem, since they seem to come out faster than new weapons, but for a new player it's frustrating since weapons with with only 30 mod power are trash beyond lvl 40. Same goes for crafting materials, after a month like the stuff I don't have tons of is tellurium, oxium and argon crystals, since they disappear themselves.

And to my best knowledge, you can buy MR locked weapons with platinum from the marketplace as bundles and bypass the requirement completely.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I disagree about the grinding being completely viable way to go, you can't expect a new player to survive on 4 frames/10? weapons until he can start making platinum.

Never bought a weapon, or a warframe, even Equinox which is a major pain in the arse to farm. This includes most of the Prime frames. I traded heavily to get Frost and Mag Prime when they were still locked in the vault a year ago though.

Newer players just have to understand and possibly do so research on what frames and weapons are super good value. The large majority of super good frames and EASILY soloable. Some require a little more research into how to effectively beat the bosses.

Loki, Rhino, Frost, Nova would be the core frames I would recommend.

Loki
for stealth, he's the best frame for just about any mission, excelling in Spy and Survival, while it appears that stealth is a solo thing, sneaking back in and reviving a fallen teammate or using life support while stealthed makes for a great Loki player.

Rhino
, the best frame to work on as you approach MR3, solid frame all-round and one of the best frames for Nightmare Mod farming.

Frost
, the ultimate defence machine (Defence, Mobile Defense, Excavation, Interception) against Grinneer and Corpus, still useful against Infested.

Nova, the best all round offensive and defensive frame around, instantly adding a massive force multiplier to any team, increasing the kill speed and defense of every other frame/weapon in the game.

And to my best knowledge, you can buy MR locked weapons with platinum from the marketplace as bundles and bypass the requirement completely.

Unless it's been changed, it's not possible to buy the Rhino pack unless you meet the MR requirement.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Played this a lot a long time ago, the difference between then and now is huge. You are correct in that the game has become bloated; the damage type modifiers for weapons, the whole melee combo system, etc. Cosmetically I think the game has gotten way to gaudy with the stuff you can wear on your character...looks really bad. Just seems too overwhelming to get back into.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Well, it IS Princess Maker for teenage boys. I like the damage system, they managed to balance status effects vs damage pretty well, unlike say Borderlands, where one element ruled them all, or you needed a status proc to kill anything. Different enemies also have different resistances and weaknesses, which, wile not explained all that well, lends itself to some experimentation instead of universally "the best" loadout.

Got all my vaulted stuff crafted, feels weird to completely remove items from a game that basically revolves around collecting and using everything you can get your hands on. Next on the list is apparently Nova prime, so I better get farming.

Vorph

Played this a lot a long time ago, the difference between then and now is huge. You are correct in that the game has become bloated; the damage type modifiers for weapons, the whole melee combo system, etc. Cosmetically I think the game has gotten way to gaudy with the stuff you can wear on your character...looks really bad. Just seems too overwhelming to get back into.
I just returned a month ago after about a 2 year break. The game is about a hundred times better now than it was back then imo. To me it's a blend of the best parts of DCUO and Destiny. I haven't put this much time into a game since Guild Wars (1, not that abomination of a sequel) added the 7 hero party stuff.

Unless it's been changed, it's not possible to buy the Rhino pack unless you meet the MR requirement.

Correct, the only thing you can buy that circumvents the MR requirement is Hunhow's Gift which gives access to War at MR0 instead of MR10. Incidentally, that package will be on sale this coming weekend. Not sure I'd buy it with Galatine Prime being a massive upgrade over War (the current top melee weapon) though.

Anyway, I am still playing the game daily. IGN = Svieri if anyone needs help with anything or is looking to farm endo or level gear. Will be doing lots of relic missions this week trying to get the new primes and collecting ducats for Baro on Friday too.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I crafted War yesterday and it's a bit underwhelming, since Broken War came with a free potato and this one doesn't. Overall I found the bundles horribly overpriced, even when I got like 1k plat at 75% discount from a daily reward.

Interesting how if you don't have covert lethality, you want the slowest and biggest weapon for stealth kills, since they get the biggest bonus ...

Vorph

I crafted War yesterday and it's a bit underwhelming, since Broken War came with a free potato and this one doesn't. Overall I found the bundles horribly overpriced, even when I got like 1k plat at 75% discount from a daily reward.

Interesting how if you don't have covert lethality, you want the slowest and biggest weapon for stealth kills, since they get the biggest bonus ...
Yeah, I have no intention of giving up my Broken-War. Although I don't actually use it because the stance is extremely rare and too damn expensive to buy for what is essentially a stat-stick for Excalibur's Exalted Blades. Dual cleavers or zoren work just fine and the stance is practically worthless.

That said, War is currently the highest damaging melee in the game, simply because of how much damage the Cleaving Whirlwind combos do with it. Which is also funny because Cleaving Whirlwind isn't worth much and Tempo Royale, which does a lot less damage, sells for like 10x as much. Galatine Prime is out tomorrow though, and it will use the same stance and do at least 50% more damage than War. Seems like a pretty crazy amount of power creep.

Also, for stealth kills, what you want is a Redeemer. Ivara+Redeemer+greater lenses = done with daily focus farm in like 30 minutes, solo. Covert Lethality is for frames that force finishers via blind or whatever (e.g. Inaros).

Vorph

I'm hoping RNGesus will send Baro out with Primed Reach and/or Pressure Point this week to go with the release of Galatine Prime.

Vorph

Berehynia or some other high tier intercept is the best for the Neo and Axi relics. Uranus/Stephano is the lowest level mission in that reward pool and would be much easier, but there's also a lot less pub groups there. The group needs to stay for 4 decodes.

Meso just do 10 waves of Saturn/Helene.

Lith is the same, except it's 10 waves of ODD.

Look me up (Svieri) if you want to group.

Last edited: