Warframe

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I guess? you can say that? - There is a pretty hard wall in the end game when you aren't being fucking carried? Which is pretty much what you can say about WoW at like.. any point? There are weapons that have effects that when the weapon is fully unlocked, the BS it originally started as (weak as fk, worthless) becomes a weapon that wraps NPC's around its finger. Then there is another level for your warframe and what you have equipped on that warframe. Then, to finish it off - you as a controller have shit you have that has an effect on whats going on with your warframe. Warframe is not a traditional fucking MMO like WOW and I just dont think people understand that - which is why I think if they are making a new iteration of this shit, with more money, then it will be a money maker. Essentially, it has layers that are not evident at first glance and thats the basics of it.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I played Warframe with friends and we always get burned out after a couple months. Yes, the gameplay is super fun but the game is hyper grindy. And what I realized is, what's the carrot to keep grinding? I spent a good amount of time leveling Mesa Prime (which means running Hydron 1000 times) and getting her tweaked out. And that WAS a lot of fun. But once that was over, I was like what now? Do that again with another frame? No thanks.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Meester

Trakanon Raider
I played Warframe with friends and we always get burned out after a couple months. Yes, the gameplay is super fun but the game is hyper grindy. And what I realized is, what's the carrot to keep grinding? I spent a good amount of time leveling Mesa Prime (which means running Hydron 1000 times) and getting her tweaked out. And that WAS a lot of fun. But once that was over, I was like what now? Do that again with another frame? No thanks.
The idea for new Warframes is to use new Warframes and to use them to play/grind for new stuff.

Its the same with all new items in games.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
The idea for new Warframes is to use new Warframes and to use them to play/grind for new stuff.

Its the same with all new items in games.
Right, but there's no incentive for doing this other than just to do it. There's no sense of, "oh man, I can't wait to get X in order to do Y". It ultimately all feels meaningless.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Right, but there's no incentive for doing this other than just to do it. There's no sense of, "oh man, I can't wait to get X in order to do Y". It ultimately all feels meaningless.
I come back every once in a while and get everything maxxed out on my favorite frame and MAYBE change weapons. Theyve added shit that goes beyond mods where the name escapes me, but they can be leveled up like a dozen times or some crazy shit. I havent done that because the farm groups are a pain in the ass, but over all.. just rinse and repeat that process each time new content comes out. Ive never thought of Warframe as a game that you play more than a handful of weeks at a time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
I don't get why the core gameplay is around frames and guns and the last big expansion you didn't f****** use a Warframe and looks like the duviri paradox is going to be the same thing. Make a different f****** game if you want to do that

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't get why the core gameplay is around frames and guns and the last big expansion you didn't f****** use a Warframe and looks like the duviri paradox is going to be the same thing. Make a different f****** game if you want to do that
That was my pet peeve since the moment they shoehorned in the operators. It was all downhill from there.

Meester

Trakanon Raider
The gameplay of Warframe is itself the meaning because it is quite fun, unless you can fully explain what it is you want or have an example of a game that does what you want then I suspect that playing the game for what it is just isn't your cup of tea. Part of the attraction is using new builds and doing things within the existing gameplay. Its how the game is, it won't really change, its like expecting Doom to have meaning, the meaning of Doom is to blast things, there is no deeper insight.

Maybe you are confusing Warframe with an MMO?

That was my pet peeve since the moment they shoehorned in the operators. It was all downhill from there.
Nah, there have been plenty of good updates since the Second Dream [which was very good]. Plenty of new Warframes and plenty of new systems that interact with them.

Meester

Trakanon Raider
Some Warframe anime.

Revenant Prime coming soon!

gmduzmihbnq91.png

O_T

Trakanon Raider
I used to play this a ton but there is just too much tacked on shit that has nothing to do with what the original game was about. Liches, archwing, railjack, etc are all pointless but then they removed alerts and force you to do all that crap for the Nora Nightwave rewards. Operators being children just rubbed me the wrong way to. I played since beta but I probably wouldn't have even touched the game if they were in originally. I just want to pimp out my warframe, gun, and melee and kill shit.

I plan on giving the new thing they're working on a shot but I'm not sure what it would take to get me to come back to this.

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
I haven't played in about a year. Gay tears? What??
They added a new variation of mobile defense to match the latest warframe. Basically, you collect gay/woke (whicher way you want to frame it; I'm going oldschool these days and call it straight up gay) rainbow tears to heal the objective and then you have rainbows all over the screen.
Yeah, game is the same old shit, only with a skeleton crew now.

• 2Faggotry
Reactions: 1 users

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Got on to try it out, nothing gay or woke about it from what I can tell. I assume Rania is a female by the name. I'm not seeing all the rainbows, just some gems you pick up to charge the objective.