Warframe

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think Totalbiscuit accurately described the game as "an inch deep but a mile wide". Variety without a lot of depth. Although, they have added different systems since then.

I like the story and environment for the most part. And I enjoy the gameplay loop for something mindless. What keeps me coming back is seeing the story develop and collecting new Warframes.

Never got into Gara since she seemed too similar to Frost, which I used a ton. But I'll give it another go with the prime.
They've added far too many systems and layers to gear, imo.

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, but you can ignore most of that crap. I've been using pretty much the same few pieces of gear for like 3 years now even though I have access to everything, all frames/weapons (minus gara prime&co, they released them last week and I've been too busy to farm), 99.99% of mods, all arcanes I want are maxed, ...
You don't have to give a single fuck about meta or "play the way DE want to be played" and just use whatever you want and you'll be fine.
WF is all about farming trivial content for 0.01% drops again and again. Best advice I can give you: stay away and don't get invested.

Meester

Trakanon Raider
So Tennocon has been and gone.

New War

New War Gameplay

Crossplay and Crossave for all platforms

Nidus Prime

cfa8d897110ec095aee5bc5292c7461d.jpg

Future Warframe

c1e9609a03d5a1172021b657a76f3084.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Someone bored enough to help me with a quick mission? Log on and say something in the guild if so, please! hehe

Daidraco

I dunno, I wouldn't say that. It's a great game for a small group of friends to just jump in and blow shit up. It's pretty good mindless fun.
Considering hes dropped an absolutely metric fuck ton of hours into the game to get to the point hes at, hes pretty much saying that. Whether he agrees or not is inconsequential.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
RIP Warframe (sorta).

Original Devs moving on to a new game, Soulframe. Rebecca (Space Mom) is becoming creative director, while Steve and others are moving to the new game dev.

Daidraco

RIP Warframe (sorta).

Original Devs moving on to a new game, Soulframe. Rebecca (Space Mom) is becoming creative director, while Steve and others are moving to the new game dev.
I saw the trademark news last month iirc. Just watched that ^ video. Thats one hairy muscular bitch. But have they said anything to the effect of how it will play? I like the fact theyre sticking with the lore. Theres nothing out there like it afaik.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I saw the trademark news last month iirc. Just watched that ^ video. Thats one hairy muscular bitch. But have they said anything to the effect of how it will play? I like the fact theyre sticking with the lore. Theres nothing out there like it afaik.
Seagull or Cohh mentioned that someone at DE, in their Discord, said Soulframe would be an "mmo"... whatever that may mean to DE.

• 1Worf

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Well I'm semi shocked Steve and co hadn't started a new game previously, but he's definitely been less and less public as time goes on. Watched the trailer- my hearing is semi fucked, but good lord bad audio mixing. But If it's a low fantasy warframe reboot, I could kinda get behind that.

Daidraco

If we're being honest, Warfame is a bloated mess of dead end systems that may or may not have good execution. Almost all of which are presented to the player as content that they need to progress to end game (if one could call end game in Warframe just that). Given how small and basic/barren Warframe was at launch, and for quite a while afterwards too, its no surprise. Them starting a new MMO and being a refined version of warframe that is a lot more social would be a big win, Im sure.

• 1Like

bolok

Trakanon Raider
If we're being honest, Warfame is a bloated mess of dead end systems that may or may not have good execution. Almost all of which are presented to the player as content that they need to progress to end game (if one could call end game in Warframe just that). Given how small and basic/barren Warframe was at launch, and for quite a while afterwards too, its no surprise. Them starting a new MMO and being a refined version of warframe that is a lot more social would be a big win, Im sure.
100% Onboarding new/returning users was a fuckshow a couple years after launch and I gave it a halfhearted go a couple years ago with a character i had. Zone into a dungeon, spend a min or 2 killing something- rest of the party is at the end already. Shame- the game play is actually fun, and the engine isn't garbage.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
100% Onboarding new/returning users was a fuckshow a couple years after launch and I gave it a halfhearted go a couple years ago with a character i had. Zone into a dungeon, spend a min or 2 killing something- rest of the party is at the end already. Shame- the game play is actually fun, and the engine isn't garbage.
Yeah thats how I felt about it when I tried it a while back. Too much thrown at you and it felt like I needded to read or watch guides for like a month to fully understand WTF was going on.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Warframe was probably my favorite online game of all time, but their attempts at forcing open world shit and whatever the hell Railjack was supposed to be killed the game for me. The actual final straw was them handing over their chat moderation and customer support to a bunch of batshit insane trannies and 'girldick' fetishists along with the DE team's extreme case of TDS.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Warframe was probably my favorite online game of all time, but their attempts at forcing open world shit and whatever the hell Railjack was supposed to be killed the game for me. The actual final straw was them handing over their chat moderation and customer support to a bunch of batshit insane trannies and 'girldick' fetishists along with the DE team's extreme case of TDS.
Havent played in a while, so I guess all that shit is recent OR I just never paid attention to it. Not a fan of the overworld shit.

That fishing village and the place behind it where you have to kill those big giant things. I absolutely hated farming them and last I heard, theyre STILL being farmed. Then that whole red open world, living breathing meteor or whatever with people. The lore there is cool, but playing there is not simply because its open world. Even with flying and all that shit - I just dont enjoy it.

Railjack I heard was a dead end system that was no longer going to be supported - so I did like 2 mission of it and never touched it again. Seemed very convoluted and entry seemed gated for whatever reason. Was just glad I missed that launch. That area where you go into the town first, I dont know why but that open world stuff never really annoyed me like the other two. I havent played the newest shit, but Im sure its open world stuff too.

I always felt like Warframe should have just pushed towards having more modes, or taking the current modes they have and changing them up somehow. Hell, the hidden cache's and shit is a lot of fun to find and do. Maps are only slightly the same, so it always felt kind of fresh when you farmed them. The only thing that wore on me after a while was just the "theme" when I was farming stuff. They could have added random surprise events to areas to break up the monotony that doesnt change the mission objective (which I absolutely fucking hated. Dont change the objective and dont change the reward ffs.) But like if you're farming something and a meteor impacts the station and now you have to deal with maybe infestation on top of the other shit and you can pursue ADDITIONAL rewards instead of replacing them.

Regardless of ALL of that - Warframes an excellent game for F2P.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Havent played in a while, so I guess all that shit is recent OR I just never paid attention to it.
I quit for good right before the retarded melee revamp and Railjack launch, so I guess all the TDS/tranny mods shit would have been going on in mid 2019.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The problem I always had with Warframe was there's nothing to do at the end. You get a gun, start shooting mobs for thousands of damage and .... get more, worse, guns?

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Well there are plenty of better guns/melee weaps to get but yeah it's not like there is exponential weapon power growth. But most of the best weapons do require higher mastery ranks and aren't that simple to get. For example the modular ones are amongst the best in every category (or were last time I played anyway) and are some of the most time consuming to get.
Plenty of people do experience the same as you though, you get a good early game weapon (like Hek) and every other weapon you get feels crap by comparison. They don't find that there are 100 weapons better than Hek out there. Once you get hold of a catchmoon, ignis wraith or amprex you'll realise that the Hek isn't all that crash hot.

A lot of the "endgame" stuff is also about making your frame more powerful rather than making weapons stronger. Having some of the better arcanes for example can make frames a lot tankier and able to use a lot more abilities, which can enable you to do some pretty fun things.

But yeah the game is a pretty simple loop. Get weapons, annihilate everything on the screen, collect upgrades, then keep doing the same thing. Thing is it's a pretty fun loop. The game engine and movement is top class. It's one thing that somewhat ruins other games for me, the gameplay tends to feel clunky by comparison to warframe even when most other aspects of the game are better.