Warframe

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Has anyone been playing this? I started about 3 weeks ago, pretty fun game!

People on their Forums are pretty awful, but the game itself is a 3rd person sci-fi shooter. Nice combat with various guns, melee weapons and abilities. Worth trying out for a bit at least.

I guess it will be a launch title for the PS4, and its F2P.

https://warframe.com/

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
I played it for a few hours. The combat is fun at first and then gets super boring, really fast because of how limited your character is when you start out and the bland environments and monsters you face. Unlocking stuff takes way to long, and buying stuff is pointless because the only thing there is to do in the game is......work toward unlocking stuff.

eXarc

Molten Core Raider
Small updates:

Watched someone streaming it from a PS4 all night. Looks fucking perfect for me. Combination of Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer, Fuse, and some other unique elements. I'll be picking this up on PS4 and playing competitively without a doubt. The modding system and the way you can select missions is really cool in my opinion, too. It's still in beta, I think? It has some work to be done on it, it's not super buggy or completely obvious, but it does need some issues adressed. Also the PS4 version is currently one patch behind the PC version.

http://us.playstation.com/ps4/games/warframe-ps4.html

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
I dont believe it's in beta any longer. I played the hell out of it my first weekend with the PS4 but Ive slacked off a bit this week as Need for Speed took over my time. I do really enjoy it, mostly because of the same comparisons you made, I loved the shit outta the ME3 multiplayer. I dropped a few dollars on it day 1 and bought a better Warframe than the ones you can choose from the start to make the leveling/grinding more enjoyable. It does take alongtime to level up and farm the gear from what Ive seen so anything to ease the process a bit was worth it.

I should put some time into it this weekend again, my poor Banshee is feeling neglected.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Playing some frame tonight on the ps4. Some buddies and I are going to do a few things. Ive never tried this ps4 livestream thing ever but ill be streaming tonight

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I play the hell out of it. Never played the game till I tried it out on the PS4 and then it took a couple of trys but for some reason I kept coming back. Now I have a 30 Nyx, Rhino, Mag, Ember Prime, Nova, and Trinity. Nova & Rhino being my favorites. Favorite weapon is the Ignis.
I don't know everything about the game but I've learned a lot. Ask me anything you want to know.

Weaponsfree_sl

shitlord
30 Frost Prime, Ember, Nyx, Loki, Exc Prime (was a founder way back), Banshee, and Nova.

I know a lot about the game but not everything. It's my "chill" game. I drop 5-10 steambux now and then on the game when I get a 50 or 75% off plat. I come back to it in a fury for a few weeks, then leave, then back. It's a very interesting game, and the environments have gotten much better with new tilesets.

They REALLY need to flesh out the story and get rid of P2P play (though I think that's here to stay...). I don't want to connect to a guy in Uzbekistan with a 28.8 kbps modem to do the keyed mission I want.

Other than that it's a fun game if you treat it for what it is. I LOVE survival missions. I enjoy pulling out those last 10 minutes after minute 50 in a back-against-the-wall defense.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
Been putting some serious time into this lately myself. I went a little overboard with my Ember Prime when it comes to forma'ing and remapping those mod slots, I think mine is like 7 stars now. I tend to "finish" a frame (forma enough times to get all the mods on it I want) before moving onto another so I dont have a bunch of high level ones besides Ember, Nova, Rhino and a Frost Prime but mine are pretty decked out badasses. If any of you PS4 guys need another person for any of your Tower Survival/Defends gimme a shout, RiseofCthulhu is psn.

Random question, does anyone here have trouble with their mic quality or breaking up a lot when you talk while playing this? A friend of mine almost hates it when I try to talk because more often than not whatever i say comes across as a garbled mess (with both the pack-in headset and my Razer Krakens)

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Been playing this a lot recently. Kind of surprised it doesn't have a bigger following on here. Nice blend of FPS/Diablo loot find. The AI is actually pretty good and the graphics are outstanding (love the particle effects with PhysX on.)

bolok

Molten Core Raider
I've got near 200 hours on this game according to my steam profile. Its great for a few boss/event runs at a time, and new patch goodies come fairly regularly. I've got a ghetto solo clan that i throw resources at occasionally and and am nearly rank 6 so some of the cooler weapons will be useable soon. Never did get into the void tower runs as they seem geared for premade groups, but there is an embarrassment of content if you find the core gameplay fun.
I'm not sure what the newbie experience would be like tho. Much like diablo games, most runs are rushes to the end- so if you like to open lockers and parkour around the zone exploring it might get annoying to be left behind most of the time. Thankfully it seems like the boss drops are shared zone wide now, but you'll be missing xp and tradeskill matts unless you keep up with the pack, as it were.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
I dunno how much has changed since I last played, but rank 6 used to be when the entire game changed for you. Being able to build a Synapse and buy/build the Soma, your Frames effectiveness would increase exponentially, especially as you forma'd them and worked toward a max dps setup. Once you get either of those weapons and the appropriate mods (again, Im sure these have changed), soloing Tower maps becomes very doable. Your choice of Frame will also impact it a bit, but there used to be almost nothing a Rhino couldnt solo.

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
Anyone still playing this? Just started and some of the low levels are brutal to solo.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Just started playing tonight, much more fun than I expected. gogusrl ingame if anyone wants to do some missions.

cradeg

Molten Core Raider
I am installing it right now, have some spare time and as I don't want to purchase Destiny I give this a try with Keyboard and Mouse
smile.png

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I still play every now and then. Been a ton of updates since I last got serious with it though and feel a little out of my depth.

cradeg

Molten Core Raider
Finished the first Mission set , but I am a bit overwhelmed about what to do next .... has anyone someone good idiot guide that is fitting to Warframe 2015
smile.png
?