Warhammer 40,000 Novels

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I started with Horus Rising recently. Seems like a fine starting point but I played enough WH40k video games and read wiki to figure out game story details to know enough to feel comfortable starting with Horus Heresy.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zyke

Silver Knight of the Realm
I just read the Emperor's Finest, I really liked it. ADB is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors, probably only eclipsed by Abnett.

Zyke

Strongly considering getting into this lore. The interwebs say start with Horus Rising. I the saw toward beginning of the thread someone start with Ravenor (of which I see two) or Eisenhorn. What say ye?

I strongly recommend Eisenhorn as well. Gaunt's Ghosts as mentioned is fantastic but a much more massive series. If you want an easy-ish to get into space marine book, Helsreach is one of my favorites and one of the best imo.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I just read the Emperor's Finest, I really liked it. ADB is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors, probably only eclipsed by Abnett.

Bruh, have you even read his Night Lords trilogy? It is great.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I was blazing through the back catalogue of Horus Heresy novels, got to Born of Flame, and just lost all desire to read about the fucking Salamanders again. In going to have to power through it and hope it is the last novel based on that legion in the series.

Zyke

Bruh, have you even read his Night Lords trilogy? It is great.

Yep, just finished it like a week ago. I got it after looking up his other books since i liked TEF so much. It was really good, especially how he managed to make a bunch of huge emo assholes relatable and interesting characters.

• 1Like

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Yep, just finished it like a week ago. I got it after looking up his other books since i liked TEF so much. It was really good, especially how he managed to make a bunch of huge emo assholes relatable and interesting characters.
I just finished book 1 and onto book 2. Really enjoyed the characters and the audiobooks are well narrated

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I was blazing through the back catalogue of Horus Heresy novels, got to Born of Flame, and just lost all desire to read about the fucking Salamanders again. In going to have to power through it and hope it is the last novel based on that legion in the series.
Im 3 books into horus heresy now. I like to read entire series but man, 40 of them and they move so slow. I want to read an abridged version that removes all the whining and tomfoolery that makes me think the astartes are the self indulgent grabasses of fictional warfighters.

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Im 3 books into horus heresy now. I like to read entire series but man, 40 of them and they move so slow. I want to read an abridged version that removes all the whining and tomfoolery that makes me think the astartes are the self indulgent grabasses of fictional warfighters.
Reading them all is pointless, lots of them are garbage. If you read any do the first 4, legion, mechanicum, a thousand sons, first heretic, prospero burns, know no fear, fear to tread, angel exterminatus, master of mankind then honestly I would just skip straight to the Siege of Terra series.

Unless you really like the idea of reading 56 books and are mostly just fluff.

• 1Like

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Humble has a new WH40k bundle up. Top tier has the first 3 Horus Heresy books and they are probably the best of the bunch and Fulgrim isn't half bad either. Haven't read any of the others but interested in the Fabious Bile one as his story in Fulgrim was interesting and his mini is pretty awesome.

Leviothan

Trakanon Raider
This is so tempting but man, I find it so much more enjoyable and less distracting to have the physical book vs an E-book on the phone.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
This is so tempting but man, I find it so much more enjoyable and less distracting to have the physical book vs an E-book on the phone.

Get an ebook reader. If you dont want a kindle then go for a kobo. You can get a used one cheap and they are amazing.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Reading Eisenstein atm.

Fuck…..

Even through the pain, Temeter understood. There was a small fracture in the old warrior’s ceramite casing, not enough to have slowed him on the battlefield, but more than the virus needed to reach inside the Dreadnought’s hull and savage the remnants of flesh inside. ‘You… lied.’
‘Veteran’s prerogative,’ came the reply. ‘We’ll go together then, shall we?’ Huron-Fal asked, embracing Temeter’s body to him, moving swiftly away from the bunker. It took every last effort from Temeter to nod. Blinded now, he could feel the tissues of his eyes burning and shrivelling in his head, the soft meat of his lips and tongue dissolving.

“Veteran’s Prerogative “ indeed

Holding Back GIF by DeRay Davis

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
I enjoyed the vast majority of the HH books, even the shitty ones usually had some cool moments. I definitely enjoyed FotE though.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Two book finale. I know they need to milk it; but I hope that it is filled with cool shit and not just filled with filler to get 2 books out of it. I would assume the battle on Vengeful Spirit is the end of the first book and the second one takes up right after that and carries on through the aftermath.

The Beginning of the End is Nigh

1663188848287.png

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
  • 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Humble bundle 40K audiobooks
$18 for 21 books

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I thought Echos of Eternity (Siege of Terra Book #7) was great. ADB is one of their best writers and he really captured the feeling of the end of the Siege. Last two chapters and the one page epilogue are *chef's kiss*

• 1Like