Warhammer 40,000 Novels

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I just finished Lion: Son of the Forest. I thought, for the most part, it was really well done. It actually puts another dimension to the Fallen and sets them up well for more books.

Also, the Lion meeting up with Guilliman is going to be fucking epic. It has to be in a book.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I just finished Lion: Son of the Forest. I thought, for the most part, it was really well done. It actually puts another dimension to the Fallen and sets them up well for more books.

Also, the Lion meeting up with Guilliman is going to be fucking epic. It has to be in a book.
Man that’s great news. I’m tryin to finish up Horus Hersey so I can get back to 40K. I just started Pharos.

It’s actually pretty awesome. You get to see the night lords fully embrace Chaos before they attack Pharos.

One odd thing is my audiobooks got all out of order and I listened to book 51 on accident. Thank god I already knew what happens from having played 40K since the 90’s. The intro to Slaves to Darkness is god tier lol.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Man that’s great news. I’m tryin to finish up Horus Hersey so I can get back to 40K. I just started Pharos.

It’s actually pretty awesome. You get to see the night lords fully embrace Chaos before they attack Pharos.

One odd thing is my audiobooks got all out of order and I listened to book 51 on accident. Thank god I already knew what happens from having played 40K since the 90’s. The intro to Slaves to Darkness is god tier lol.

They really hit a rough patch in the middle of the HH books where they were decent but really were just filler for most of the chapters. It really go back on track starting with Slaves to Darkness and then the Siege of Terra was, in my opinion, pretty damn good.

• 1Like

Ranak

Molten Core Raider
Just finished The Unremembered Empire. Really liked that one. What's the next must-read in HH after that, Scars, Vengeful Spirit, Pharos, Path of Heaven, other?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just finished The Unremembered Empire. Really liked that one. What's the next must-read in HH after that, Scars, Vengeful Spirit, Pharos, Path of Heaven, other?
The ones you just said read them all.

Pharos is great I’m wrapping it up now.

• 2Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I really thought I was going to dislike Scars, Path of Heaven, and really anything White Scars related; but damn they are really interesting legion and Jagati Khan was excellent. They went from totally boring and uninteresting to can't miss because of their novels.

Oh, and I think Vengeful Spirit was the first time you get a Sons of Horus POV since almost Istavaan V. It really pushed the story towards finally getting to Terra.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I’m almost finished with Fulgrim and was going to take a break, but depending on how this ends I may trudge on a bit more. Took a break in between 4 - 5 to read Captain by Will Wight. But I'm mostly fine with moving forward with some HH or 40k. It helps, having never played the table top or anything, to google image search some of the characters and see how the miniatures, official art, and fan art matches up to book descriptions.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I really thought I was going to dislike Scars, Path of Heaven, and really anything White Scars related; but damn they are really interesting legion and Jagati Khan was excellent. They went from totally boring and uninteresting to can't miss because of their novels.

Oh, and I think Vengeful Spirit was the first time you get a Sons of Horus POV since almost Istavaan V. It really pushed the story towards finally getting to Terra.
Lol I’m glad you read it. The Scars are great.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I’m almost finished with Fulgrim and was going to take a break, but depending on how this ends I may trudge on a bit more. Took a break in between 4 - 5 to read Captain by Will Wight. But I'm mostly fine with moving forward with some HH or 40k. It helps, having never played the table top or anything, to google image search some of the characters and see how the miniatures, official art, and fan art matches up to book descriptions.

Here is my favorite look at the Primarchs from Johannes Helge.

Primarchs Johannes Helges.jpg

• 2Like

Ranak

Molten Core Raider
Finished up Scars, Vengeful Spirit, Pharos and The Path of Heaven over the past couple months and now onto Praetorian of Dorn. Finally moving toward the Siege of Terra.

Enjoyed Scars and the Unremembered Empire best of those, but all were decent.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Finished up Scars, Vengeful Spirit, Pharos and The Path of Heaven over the past couple months and now onto Praetorian of Dorn. Finally moving toward the Siege of Terra.

Enjoyed Scars and the Unremembered Empire best of those, but all were decent.

Praetorian of Dorn will leave you speechless.

• 1Like

Ashin

Silver Knight of the Realm
Meduson is also a great read to see what the Shattered Legions were doing throughout the HH.

Bodhy

Karen
<Banned>
Do they have Age of Sigmar or Fantasy novels too?

I'm more fond of fantasy than I am sci-fi, really. 40k world is very bleak. The Sigmar world is actually well fleshed out and I could see some seriously good story lines coming out of that universe (I forget if it's the same universe as 40k or in its past or parallel dimension or something).

I'd read the shit out of a Sigmar novel, you could match GOT or Malazan with the right author.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Do they have Age of Sigmar or Fantasy novels too?

I'm more fond of fantasy than I am sci-fi, really. 40k world is very bleak. The Sigmar world is actually well fleshed out and I could see some seriously good story lines coming out of that universe (I forget if it's the same universe as 40k or in its past or parallel dimension or something).

I'd read the shit out of a Sigmar novel, you could match GOT or Malazan with the right author.

Bro, even though you are a degenerate retard, I got you. Pro-tip, googling 'Age of Sigmar novels' is about the most braindead thing possible and this was the first result.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
About 60% finished with Decent of Angels and I really liked most of this 1st part with the disconnected Caliban story. Was a good change of pace from the previous books. At the risk of blaspheming these stories, the whole best friends, one bound for good one bound for evil thing is getting a little heavy handed!

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
God dammit.

1690979147377.png

In all actuality, I have loved all of the Siege of Terra novels so getting more of them is not a problem for me; my problem is that is all written and done but they wait six goddamn months in between novels which means we won't see part III until mid-2024.