Warhammer 40k: Darktide

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Darktide? Hells no. VT2 yes, on the 1st couple easy mode levels.
I haven't had much experience with bots. Do your own bots take on equipment and feats of characters you have created like in vermintide?

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Turning ray tracing off (it's on by default) gained me like 30+ FPS. That's probably a ton of peoples issue right there.

I'm not a big fan of critics hammering technical issues pre-launch. How about you talk about the game design a bit? It has a ton of things they need to change/add.

I had most of the issues he described and those are all gonzo for me after the 1st couple days.

At the end of the day he says he is having fun once in game. I can honestly say I am enjoying the game a ton. BUT it has huuuge flaws that I don't think they will fix any time soon.
I was on the cusp of ordering this but really don't have anyone to play with. Now I think I will wait a while.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Cat with bots is some serious shit. No way my Dorf could do that.
Cata is also cleared true solo without bots at all, just need to be very very good(and only certain classes). Bots work fine on lower difficulties though, even legendary without being a god. They will fuck up some things consistently, but knowing what they fuck up lets you play around it. They allso don't do certain objectives so you have to do them yourself everytime which can be annoying. You still need to be pretty good but it works well enough. That's modded bots mind, the baseline bots are absolute garbage tier. Would be fine for lowest difficulty and maybe the 2nd one, assuming you're good enough but yeah for champion/legendary you kinda want modded bots. I assume it'll be the same in Darktide once the modded bots are added, the higher difficulties will be soloable. But baseline bots you can't expect to do the easiest difficulty without having them dying to random shit constantly, especially in the early patches because that's one of the first thing they likely cut to get time to work on other stuff.

Muurloen

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I was on the cusp of ordering this but really don't have anyone to play with. Now I think I will wait a while.
I’ve had fun in pubs. Going on vacation for three weeks so no access until mid December but looking forward to playing more then.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I got the heavy stubber for Ogryn, still think the launcher is best wep for him

Vendor diving on the hour during the workday to try and get a blue qual shield combo for melee

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Vendor diving on the hour during the workday to try and get a blue qual shield combo for melee

I missed an orange shield on the daily vendor by 200 credits. Couldn't collect 25 books in time!

• 2Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I'm not a big fan of the shield. It's only real use so far appears to be the special for tanking plague ogryns, but how often does that even come up? Like every 5 maps?

I much prefer the cleaver or knife and using the 50% damage talent vs big enemies. Way more useful weapon for regular enemy slaying, and the damage they can put out with that talent is nuts. Who needs to tank a beast of nurgle when you can shank it to death in 30 seconds?

Muurloen

I missed an orange shield on the daily vendor by 200 credits. Couldn't collect 25 books in time!
I missed a 400 boltgun as well. I has a sad.

That reminds me, is sharable gear between chars available in this game? Havent made a 2nd char yet to find out.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

Grenade launcher is very good, awesome single target stagger then BOOM everyone falls down.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I missed a 400 boltgun as well. I has a sad.

That reminds me, is sharable gear between chars available in this game? Havent made a 2nd char yet to find out.

No, not even currency is shared.

I wouldn't touch a 2nd char until the "beta" is over and they decide if there's gonna be wipes or not, and for them to implement an actual gear system instead of this nonsense hour reset shop.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
First mission of the new patch hard crashes with another bug report after ~20 minutes.

Game remains unplayable

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Tried another mission cause I've got nothing to do at work

Crashed at the end wave

I'm done