Warhammer 40k: Darktide

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Issues I have with game design:

ONE step into fire drops all toughness. It's fuckin silly. Higher levels this is death.
Snipers drop all toughness also. Higher levels this is death. Especially since cover is rare.
Stamina is used way to fast on normal blocking.
In a pinch my Ironbreaker could taunt everything on for 10 seconds or whatever. Why not Ogryn?
Ogryn really are not any tougher than any other class. Considering I can't see shit when blocking, there needs to be a trade off.
Charger can't be stopped unless shot down. Should be able to stun it.
No explanation on any stats/skills etc. Few days from launch and we have no idea what does what?
Lack of maps.
Too much grey/darkness everything. You literally can not see mobs. Couple that with fuckin fog? It's damn mess.
No cosmetics really. This will be coming I am sure though.
TOO much randomization at weekly's. You can get a grey or god tier item for crazy cost in coins.
Grimoires offer nothing of value.
Reuse of assets is crazy high.

Pretty much off the top of my head.
Also Ogryns have the highest health but the lowest toughness, base is 100 toughness but 300 health. Everyone else has 200+ toughness and 150 health or about there. Making it far more punishing for Ogryns.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Also Ogryns have the highest health but the lowest toughness, base is 100 toughness but 300 health. Everyone else has 200+ toughness and 150 health or about there. Making it far more punishing for Ogryns.
I read into it after the post. It makes a lot of sense that they had more perks in a previous build and have been nerfed down to nothing.

There is a VC redistributable that should fix this for me according to the forums, Brahma Brahma . But you're probably a country mile ahead of a noobie experience now.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I read into it after the post. It makes a lot of sense that they had more perks in a previous build and have been nerfed down to nothing.

There is a VC redistributable that should fix this for me according to the forums, Brahma Brahma . But you're probably a country mile ahead of a noobie experience now.

Doesn't matter. Just having fun man.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Ya. I've been using health% for my curios.

image_2022-11-20_232812550.png

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So whats the odds they have a miracle "launch" patch that fixes all the shit wrong with this?

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Zealot charge with a rev'd up chainsword is fucking outstanding as all of the hits from the sawing count as crits. It is an elite & mosnter murdering machine.

I am enjoying the bolter as well for ranged support I am able to pick off elites & specials with it, but also like the flamer for close horde damage control if I need to do it.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Zealot charge with a rev'd up chainsword is fucking outstanding as all of the hits from the sawing count as crits. It is an elite & mosnter murdering machine.

I am enjoying the bolter as well for ranged support I am able to pick off elites & specials with it, but also like the flamer for close horde damage control if I need to do it.

That chainsword is nuts. I was in a party with 3 zealots, and it was over before I knew it.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Turning ray tracing off (it's on by default) gained me like 30+ FPS. That's probably a ton of peoples issue right there.

I'm not a big fan of critics hammering technical issues pre-launch. How about you talk about the game design a bit? It has a ton of things they need to change/add.

I had most of the issues he described and those are all gonzo for me after the 1st couple days.

At the end of the day he says he is having fun once in game. I can honestly say I am enjoying the game a ton. BUT it has huuuge flaws that I don't think they will fix any time soon.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Turning ray tracing off (it's on by default) gained me like 30+ FPS. That's probably a ton of peoples issue right there.

I'm not a big fan of critics hammering technical issues pre-launch. How about you talk about the game design a bit? It has a ton of things they need to change/add.

I had most of the issues he described and those are all gonzo for me after the 1st couple days.

At the end of the day he says he is having fun once in game. I can honestly say I am enjoying the game a ton. BUT it has huuuge flaws that I don't think they will fix any time soon.
It's not his only video about the game. He has been mostly positive about the game. I like Force better than most reviewers.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users