Warhammer 40k: Darktide

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Seems like I really dodged a bullet by not getting hyped for this. Maybe I'll reinstall VT2 at some point.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Seems like I really dodged a bullet by not getting hyped for this. Maybe I'll reinstall VT2 at some point.

I'm shilling for the game I know. But seriously, the game is fun as fuck. Though I agree that it is probably better to wait a bit unless you're hardcore into this genre/universe.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm shilling for the game I know. But seriously, the game is fun as fuck. Though I agree that it is probably better to wait a bit unless you're hardcore into this genre/universe.
Over a thousand hours spent fending off the Vermintide and a major 40K fan.

Still not appealing to me.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Honestly VT2 does it all better. Its a shame Darktide is in its current state considering where VT2 ended at.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Right around level 15 is when the game took off for me.

The crashes are annoying, but overall I have enjoyed the shit out of the game. Maybe its cause I have a solid group to lean on instead of slogging through the pugs.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Honestly VT2 does it all better. Its a shame Darktide is in its current state considering where VT2 ended at.

I think this is what is irking me more than crashes. The entire game feels like a step backwards from Vermintide.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I am HOPIUM that the content rollout addresses most of the issues.
Im thinking they'll get through some major stability hiccups by the 30th. Some of the threads Ive seen have people doing fine that were crashing out before even loading in (like myself), but now theres a whole new group of people that seem to be having the issue. All that basically tells me is that they have some idea of whats causing the crashing and it'll be fixed sooner than later. Trying to keep up with the updates so I know that its worth it to pick back up on retail launch or not.

• 1Like

Muurloen

Just played through the forge map. 1st time going through it. Lots of fun, no crashes.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Just played through the forge map. 1st time going through it. Lots of fun, no crashes.

I fuckin swear I was coming to post this. I did nothing but log off for a few hours. Come back and everything works like there was nothing wrong. To give peeps an idea, of what I am talking about. I have been playing last couple days at at about 120FPS. Today? 60-80? Hitching and a couple crashes. Take a couple hours off. Come back. Same maps. 120FPS again, smooth again.

Do they load assets when you play?

New map is nice. Fun as hell.

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Maybe its cause I have a solid group to lean on instead of slogging through the pugs.

What?

I didn't think that lobbies, premades or friend invites with private groups were a thing at this point at all?

How are you avoiding pugs? I thought it was only PUG at the moment?

Did they just add the capability back in? I thought I saw a recent patch note that said it was going to be sometime in December before they made anything else available?

EDIT: this was Nov 18th, is why I'm asking:

PLAYING SOLO WITH BOTS & PRIVATE LOBBIES, A NOTE FROM THE TEAM:
We hope you’re enjoying your time in Tertium during the Pre-Order beta. We’ve been thrilled to see your excitement and reactions to Darktide. We’ve been hard at work gathering your feedback and bug reports while working on future patches to update stability & performance, balance adjustments, and squash out the bugs. That said, we’d like to take time to address a recurring couple of questions with you.

With Darktide, we set to work on a much-requested feature from the previous tide games: Dedicated Servers. We put considerable effort into engineering new technologies that would allow us to run dedicated servers at scale and run the huge hordes of our “Tide” games you have come to know and love. Dedicated Servers were a priority for us, and due to the Network Scale Test and Closed Beta, we were able to fully battle-test our dedicated servers (a special thank you to all who participated!).

Now we are confident in our Dedicated Servers, we would like to take the time and answer those recurring couple of questions that remain; “Can I play Darktide solo?”, “Can I play a private game with one or two of my friends?”.

The answers will be Yes, and Yes.

We’ve been working on an option to play exclusively in Solo Mode, where you will be hosting locally your own instance with bots. Because you will be hosting the AI and other game systems locally, this will increase performance cost. However, we continue to monitor and improve the performance where we can. Solo play is in its final stages of testing as we fix the last issues that remain. We aim to release this at Launch. If not, a patch shortly after that in December.

We have recently begun implementing Private Games as an option, and we’re in the middle stages of development for this. When launched, you can start a private game with 2-4 of your friends. We expect to be able to release this later in December.

We heard your feedback on these topics and needed some time to investigate the solutions we had available to us. We hope you enjoy these features when released and welcome further input on them.

• 1Solidarity

Muurloen

What?

I didn't think that lobbies, premades or friend invites with private groups were a thing at this point at all?

Did they just add the capability back in? I thought I saw a recent patch note that said it was going to be sometime in December before they made anything else available?

You can invite your friends through steam or hit escape, click social and invite them through the game.

It's been there the whole time.

You can go a step further and become in game friends with pugs that you thought were good and invite them to be in game friends.

Sally Field The Whole Time GIF

----

Last edited:
  • 1Rustled

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
You can invite your friends through steam or hit escape, click social and invite them through the game.

It's been there the whole time.

Sally Field The Whole Time GIF

----

It's been almost an hour and I'm still upset about this

fucking-bullshit-iron-sheik.gif

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
What?

ALL RIGHT BITCHES IM IN. <FLUSHES 60 Dollars down the toilet>

I probably won't play until Sat night now but still. Steam name is Rhinohelix.